Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,473 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

balamb's Posts

I have shipped it to a friend in Anchorage at the additional cost of $40. I have a Samsung S6. We do have a 3g signal here in Homer on the GCI network.  I used the Verizon chat service and we tr... See more...
I have shipped it to a friend in Anchorage at the additional cost of $40. I have a Samsung S6. We do have a 3g signal here in Homer on the GCI network.  I used the Verizon chat service and we tried to activate it over wi-fi  but that failed as well. The SIM cards are a different size from an s4 to a s6.  I did find a way to trim the SIM card and the phone recognized it and had my phone number in it but still would not allow me to call out.   My understanding, as I work with local contractors, is that Verizon is planning on building a tower here, but have not finalized land sale deals.  I'm just hoping that my friend can activate it in Anchorage with minimal issues.  Thanks, for the reply!
Had Verizon when we moved up from the Lower 48.  Had a new phone shipped up to Homer, AK.  Phone will not activate possibly because I'm on extended network.  Chat center said I must ship it to lo... See more...
Had Verizon when we moved up from the Lower 48.  Had a new phone shipped up to Homer, AK.  Phone will not activate possibly because I'm on extended network.  Chat center said I must ship it to lower 48 to have it activated.  Is this really the only option?  I assume I could drive the 225 miles to Anchorage and get it activated on the home network, however that option was not discussed during the chat session.  We tried swapping the sim cards and online activation. No go, any thoughts?