Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,548 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

whatevz's Posts

I made one of the original posts on this forum about the issue. After MONTHS of verizon and apple passing the buck, it's FINALLY fixed, though not through either of their help, but by coincidenc... See more...
I made one of the original posts on this forum about the issue. After MONTHS of verizon and apple passing the buck, it's FINALLY fixed, though not through either of their help, but by coincidence. Seeing the post from 3 days ago about a carrier update, I went to settings, then general, then about. Next to cellular, it said extended. Tap that, and a notification will prompt you to download a carrier update. BOOM back on verizon. FYI I have an iPhone 5c with iOS 8.3. I had terrible battery life on extended... Hoping this fixes it. Unfortunately my battery percentage has gone down 3 percent while writing this. Maybe it will adjust? Or maybe Verizon's incompetence has resulted in a ruined phone? terrible all around no matter what
NOPE! Went to Verizon and got a new sim card. While still in the store, nothing changed. Later, outside the store, it flipped back to Verizon coverage! But not for long... literally minutes later... See more...
NOPE! Went to Verizon and got a new sim card. While still in the store, nothing changed. Later, outside the store, it flipped back to Verizon coverage! But not for long... literally minutes later, I was back on extended network. The battery issues are still killing me. I won't have time until after Christmas to sit in the Verizon store and get this fixed once and for all, that is, if they can even fix it! tl;dr -- replacing sim card didn't fix the problem, and it's still bad.
Thanks for the tip. Already did that. Already wiped the phone and did a clean install. I've already done everything you can possibly do, other than installing a new sim card. That is next on my l... See more...
Thanks for the tip. Already did that. Already wiped the phone and did a clean install. I've already done everything you can possibly do, other than installing a new sim card. That is next on my list. In response to others asking about 8.1.1, no, I'm still stuck in "extended" and my battery life is still dismal. I've been to the Apple store to test my battery, and it is healthy. I wish Apple and Verizon would stop playing hot potato and FIX THIS. It's one or the other or both! My phone's performance shouldn't be inhibited by YOUR mistakes.
BTW, how come I keep getting private messages from "Verizon Employees" asking for my Verizon account password and my phone number in order to check my provisioning?? This has to be some sort of p... See more...
BTW, how come I keep getting private messages from "Verizon Employees" asking for my Verizon account password and my phone number in order to check my provisioning?? This has to be some sort of phishing scam. The private massages consistently contain spelling and sentence structure errors...
I went to the Apple store to troubleshoot the extended network issue as well as my poor battery performance since upgrading to 8.1. We removed my sim card, put it in a brand new iphone 5c, and wh... See more...
I went to the Apple store to troubleshoot the extended network issue as well as my poor battery performance since upgrading to 8.1. We removed my sim card, put it in a brand new iphone 5c, and when it turned on, it showed Verizon. However, this was because that new phone had ios 7 out of the box... once upgraded to 8.1, surprise! It showed extended network. My battery performance has been SO POOR since upgrading as well. We tested my battery at the Apple store, and it is in good health and performing normally. I've previously "nuked" my phone and done a clean install, and I haven't put even half the apps I had on previously. The only thing that could be possibly killing the battery so quickly is a) bug with the ios 8.1 update or b) the phone is constantly searching for a Verizon tower since it is stuck on Extended network (most likely). Both Apple and Verizon have been finger pointing for too long on this issue. I CANNOT be the only one experiencing this problem. The Apple store guy said he hadn't heard of it previously... maybe that's because Verizon tells people it doesn't cost extra/it's not roaming/it's a badge issue, so no more questions are raised. Either way, my battery life is dismal and this issue needs to be resolved. HEY VERIZON AND APPLE: PLEASE STOP PLAYING HOT POTATO AND FIX THIS! It's either the update, or the network. MAYBE TROUBLESHOOT BOTH?!
Yeah, sorry but the private message you sent me looks like a phishing scam. Between the typos and the questionable sentence structure, I'm not comfortable sending my account and password informat... See more...
Yeah, sorry but the private message you sent me looks like a phishing scam. Between the typos and the questionable sentence structure, I'm not comfortable sending my account and password information over a private message. Seriously though, I am not the only one having this issue after upgrading to iOS 8.1. There is no reason for this type of network problem in a large city with full coverage. If you really are Verizon support, it shouldn't be too hard to see my account information, since I had to log into My Verizon to even post on this board!
I've taken the SIM card out, and still on Extended. I bought this phone from a friend, so no warranty. I've had the phone for a while now with no issues, until I upgraded to 8.1. Since then, ... See more...
I've taken the SIM card out, and still on Extended. I bought this phone from a friend, so no warranty. I've had the phone for a while now with no issues, until I upgraded to 8.1. Since then, I've had this "Extended" network issue and poor battery performance. It was immediately after the upgrade that these issues surfaced.  From searching on the internet, I am not the only one with this issue. It is either a Verizon network issue or an Apple software issue, but neither seems to be stepping up to claim responsibility or fix it. Thank you for your help so far.
I've done a network reset several times. I've had the phone a few months in the same area with no previous network or battery life issues. I am in the middle of very large city with full Verizon ... See more...
I've done a network reset several times. I've had the phone a few months in the same area with no previous network or battery life issues. I am in the middle of very large city with full Verizon coverage, and have been since I owned the phone. It has been stuck on extended since I upgraded, and my room mate who has not upgraded is still on "Verizon," so I know outages are not the issue. I am very good about closing apps. I have done the routine battery usage fixes, such as turning off background refresh, turning off auto-brightness, turning off certain notifications, disabling spotlight search, etc. Also interesting to note that my usage percentages are now in the 25%+ range for both messages and safari (this is with minimal usage, on a good wifi network!) and 12-18% for home and lock screen. The rest of the usages are in single digit percentages.
I have a 5c. I don't have performance issues, just poor battery life and I cannot get back on "Verizon" network. It will only show "Extended" as my network coverage.
How do I get it back to Verizon? Tried all the usual fixes, aka resetting network settings etc. Also, my battery life is now VERY POOR. Please help! It seems both Verizon and Apple do not know w... See more...
How do I get it back to Verizon? Tried all the usual fixes, aka resetting network settings etc. Also, my battery life is now VERY POOR. Please help! It seems both Verizon and Apple do not know who is to blame for this issue, as each blames it either on the carrier or the software update. Currently, there seems to be only a fix for the iphone 6. Thank you!