Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,080 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

rozzer's Posts

FDR seems to have solved the problems. Battery life appears to be very good. Noe to get the folder setups back.
Okay – the txt speed is really slow again – time to bite the bullet and do the FDR! I’m going in..........
texting and multimedia seems to be back on track. Any advice as to how to get the battery life back to something reasonable. I’d estimate that it’s lasting 30-40 % of the previous os version. Are... See more...
texting and multimedia seems to be back on track. Any advice as to how to get the battery life back to something reasonable. I’d estimate that it’s lasting 30-40 % of the previous os version. Are there new apps in the background or options that need to be reset after the rev 5 update? A FDR seems excessive, but also seems to be the consensus. Thanks for your time. Gene
the other issue I’ve encountered is really poor battery life now. Any suggestions in that department?
Ah hah! Tried your suggestion – (Thanks for pointing that out) and got same problem but with an error message saying something like “unfortunately wireless storage ....don’t recall the rest. I... See more...
Ah hah! Tried your suggestion – (Thanks for pointing that out) and got same problem but with an error message saying something like “unfortunately wireless storage ....don’t recall the rest. I did try to send a message and it was delivered after about 90 seconds but the “sending .... status lasted for 4 to 5 minutes. A reply was sent and I got it quickly. May be an outgoing thing only – not enough testing to verify that though. Tried several more texts which seemed to act normally – perhaps more time was required to initialize sim? Looking promising – I’ll beat it up a bit and contact you if problem returns. BTW – I got a screen that said error code 9001 call 800 922-0204 this morning – it’s happened before but I have not reported it. A clue? Gene
Thanks – it wasn’t checked in the list. one down...... GR
I’m referring to the new update - I believe the option to turn off mobile data (easily) was in the previous version , not in 5.
Thanks for your response. Okay – here’s some info. The update was done two weeks ago. Am using the supplied messenger app. Haven’t tried Facebook. Sometimes the sending of a simple text appea... See more...
Thanks for your response. Okay – here’s some info. The update was done two weeks ago. Am using the supplied messenger app. Haven’t tried Facebook. Sometimes the sending of a simple text appears to take over 5 minutes! It does not appear to be tied to signal strength. Just tried sending a quick message to wife’s iPhone – after just over two minutes it was received but my phone was still displaying the “sending...” status. Have changed priority setting from normal to high both for text and mms – no apparent effect. Tried sending text to my phone – first one seemed to work fine – second one was slow, maybe 20 seconds to complete. Phone is LG G2 – no sim card to play with. Have cycled power off/on – no apparent effect. Thanks for any help.
yup - sending............................forever
Have not seen any plusses so far, but there have been problems with messaging and other things, like not being able to turn off broadband anymore and have been unable to figure how to stop an app... See more...
Have not seen any plusses so far, but there have been problems with messaging and other things, like not being able to turn off broadband anymore and have been unable to figure how to stop an app easily the way the previous software allowed to conserve battery which gets dragged down much faster with the update. Stay away until the issues are resolved or explained in my opinion.
With the new software update, messenger takes minutes to send a text. My wifes Iphone 5s works in seconds at the same location. The text shows "sending..." and I've seen over 10 minutes required ... See more...
With the new software update, messenger takes minutes to send a text. My wifes Iphone 5s works in seconds at the same location. The text shows "sending..." and I've seen over 10 minutes required to send a message.
say that battery life is up to 18.2 hours usage time and up to 11.4 days in Standby. What is "STANDBY"  considered to be?
Will do. Not a great cell signal here but old flip phone battery lasted 4 to 5 days before it was down to 50%. Giving it a full charge - Thanks,
Will changing that on the web site affect other devices using Hotmail?