Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,962 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

sistasoldier_99's Posts

My daughter made international calls on her cell phone. She met this person online and did not realize the person was located outside of the United States. It is a very odd situation in that th... See more...
My daughter made international calls on her cell phone. She met this person online and did not realize the person was located outside of the United States. It is a very odd situation in that the number she was dailing was an 868 area code and did not require any additional numbers. Due to the number having the same format as a US based number there was no way for me to know the usage charges that were being added to my account. Over the 2 months, she has incurred approximately $7500 in international charges. I called Verizon on May 27th and notified them of the situation. I spoke with a great customer service rep. She tried her hardest to work with me.  She applied a courtesy credit of $299 to the bill and indicated that she would retroactively add an international plan to my account. Unfortunately, this is where the good customer service ended. When I checked my most recent bill the international plan was not added to the account.  This was the first broken commitment. They indicated it was due to have a past due balance of greater than $25. Obviously based on the circumstances it would be impossible for me to pay the bill down to $25 in one payment. On June 2, I was told that my call would be escalated to management and I would receive a call back  in 24 - 48 hours.  Today June 4, after 48 hours expired. I called Verizon as I did not receive a call back from the manager.  The lack of the call back with the second broken commitment. The customer service rep I spoke to today provided the worse service I have received so far.  She made a couple of inappropriate comments.  The first was: 1. I need to tell me daughter to stop making international calls. I am a responsible parent and I have disciplined my child.  Verizon is a cell phone provider. Its not their place to give parenting advice. An appropriate customer service response is, "Let me see if there is anything we can do prevent this from occuring again" 2. Then agent told me the manager was not going to drop everything to respond to my call.  I did not request the manager to do this. I waited the 48 hours that I was orginally given. An appropriate customer service response is"I apologize we did not meet our original times, let me see what I can do to get a manager to respond to you". At this point, I am obligated to pay over $7,000 in cell phone charges which I will do as I am a person of my word.  At this level of payment, I should be treated as a premium customer and I expect much better customer service from Verizon.