We know that having access to your services is important no matter which device you are using. If you have not stopped by the store, we are happy to move forward here. Please follow the steps und... Ver más...
We know that having access to your services is important no matter which device you are using. If you have not stopped by the store, we are happy to move forward here. Please follow the steps under Web Browser at LG Exalt LTE Simulator Support | Verizon Wireless. Are you able to access the Verizon Wireless website when going this path? If not, what error message do you receive? LorenB_VZW  Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
We appreciate you checking those blocks and know that all of your calls are important. Are you able to call these numbers from your phone? Is the phone connected to Wi-Fi? Any issue with text mes... Ver más...
We appreciate you checking those blocks and know that all of your calls are important. Are you able to call these numbers from your phone? Is the phone connected to Wi-Fi? Any issue with text messages or data? Would you happen to have Smart Family set up on your account as shown at Best parental control and monitoring app | Smart Family ? LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
We want you to enjoy all of the features your phone has to offer. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Which make and model phone do you have? What type of email account is this? When going t... See more...
We want you to enjoy all of the features your phone has to offer. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Which make and model phone do you have? What type of email account is this? When going to your email do you select the actual image and then Share? If so, exactly how are you entering your phone number when trying to forward the message? LorenB_VZW     Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
Having a stable connection is important no matter where you live. I know that if this was happening randomly throughout the day I would certainly become frustrated. Let's work to get to the botto... Ver más...
Having a stable connection is important no matter where you live. I know that if this was happening randomly throughout the day I would certainly become frustrated. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Which Jetpack do you currently have? Have there been any changes to your location or the location of the Jetpack within your RV? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software to the tablet? LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
No matter where you live we want you to have the connection you need. Jetpacks are a great option for areas that do not offer that hard lined service option. As we move toward 5G, watch for updat... Ver más...
No matter where you live we want you to have the connection you need. Jetpacks are a great option for areas that do not offer that hard lined service option. As we move toward 5G, watch for updates on when this amazing service will be available for your area to provide the speed and connection you need at 5G Ultra Wideband Wireless Home Network | Verizon Wireless. LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We honestly cannot begin to imagine all that you and your family have been through and do apologize for any confusion or misinformation during such a crisis. Your loyalty does mean the world to u... Ver más...
We honestly cannot begin to imagine all that you and your family have been through and do apologize for any confusion or misinformation during such a crisis. Your loyalty does mean the world to us and it saddens us to hear that this has caused you to lose faith or trust in us. During this storm, we did have two separate offers available. The first offer was unlimited talk, text and data with no overage through October 14th for several states that were affected. The second offer, 3 months free, was limited to 9 specific counties, as detailed at Verizon Provides $1 Million to Red Cross and Florida Relief Fund for Hurricane Michael Relief | About Verizon. We do hope that you and your loved ones are safe and that you will allow us the opportunity to rebuild that long standing trust in us. LorenB_VZW  Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
We do have some great offers for our loyal customers as we know that everyone enjoys a new phone. Our current deals offer $100.00 off on upgrading to the iPhone XS or X. If your current phone is ... Ver más...
We do have some great offers for our loyal customers as we know that everyone enjoys a new phone. Our current deals offer $100.00 off on upgrading to the iPhone XS or X. If your current phone is in good working and physical condition we also offer the option of a trade in to help offset those costs. Check the value of your device at Verizon Trade In, iPhone Trade In, Samsung Trade In | Verizon Wireless. ​Keeping you in the family is exactly why we created our Verizon Up Rewards. These are a great way to save some device dollars toward future purchases. Learn more at VerizonUp | New Rewards Program by Verizon Wireless. LorenB_VZW " Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Stopping unwanted calls is something that we each struggle with daily. Nomorobo is not offered on smartphones as indicated by the developer at Nomorobo Mobile - Supported Platforms – Nomorobo Hel... See more...
Stopping unwanted calls is something that we each struggle with daily. Nomorobo is not offered on smartphones as indicated by the developer at Nomorobo Mobile - Supported Platforms - Nomorobo HelpDesk.​ As we know that these calls have increased in past years, there are options to reduce these calls. We do suggest registering your line with the National Do Not Call List at National Do Not Call Registry.​ Also, we offer call blocking options at Block Numbers | Verizon Wireless. We hope this is beneficial. Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
Enjoying personalized tones is something that many of us enjoy. We do want you to be able to use your tones how you wish. While we do not support Zedge, for the K20 V you would go to your contact... Ver más...
Enjoying personalized tones is something that many of us enjoy. We do want you to be able to use your tones how you wish. While we do not support Zedge, for the K20 V you would go to your contact, scroll down to the Ringtone and select the tone you wish to play when this caller rings you. See details on page 157 of the User Guide at https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/lg-k20v-ug.pdf. I hope this is beneficial. LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
We always want you to have the connection that you need and are sorry to hear that this began after an update.These updates are created to add benefit to your service not take it away. In reviewi... See more...
We always want you to have the connection that you need and are sorry to hear that this began after an update.These updates are created to add benefit to your service not take it away. In reviewing this device, we have not received any alerts that this issue is arising for others. With this said, we will want to focus on your device. Tiki bar1 has provided great steps to get your phone back on track. If you have removed and reinstalled that SIM and do not see any change in that connection, please go to the Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Data Roaming Access and ensure that the Allow access for all trips is on. Also, let's make certain that there is no data limit set on the phone that would be preventing this. Please go to the Settings, Connections, Data Usage, Billing cycle and data warning, and ensure that the switch for Limit mobile data usage is set to off. Other than the software update, do you recall adding any new apps or games? LorenB_VZW     Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulty retrieving your important messages. Callers do want to be heard. Let's work to get this resolved. Which make and model phone do you have? Many ... See more...
We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulty retrieving your important messages. Callers do want to be heard. Let's work to get this resolved. Which make and model phone do you have? Many phones now offer visual voicemail with specific steps for set up and we want to ensure that we provide the correct steps. Are you able to dial *86 and send to successfully reach your voicemail box? You mentioned going to the Settings, please provide the exact steps that you are taking. LorenB_VZW     Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Receiving a savings is something that we all look forward to. The Loyalty 55+ Unlimited Plan is currently being offered in small test market locations within Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Texas an... Ver más...
Receiving a savings is something that we all look forward to. The Loyalty 55+ Unlimited Plan is currently being offered in small test market locations within Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Texas and Detroit. If you are within these areas, the offers are limited to accounts with a maximum of two phones and is not eligible for Jetpacks. Should your account match these criteria, I am confident that we will be able to assist. When was the request submitted for your account? LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We appreciate these great details. Though we are never able to guarantee indoor coverage, we do want to get to the bottom of this. When did you first start experiencing these dropped calls? Do yo... See more...
We appreciate these great details. Though we are never able to guarantee indoor coverage, we do want to get to the bottom of this. When did you first start experiencing these dropped calls? Do you recall any recent changes to the area such as new buildings or construction? How far do you need to be from this area before you see improvement? LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
We are glad to hear the phone is in good physical shape and do want it working smoothly again. When going to your Apps, Settings, Apps & Notifications, App Info, do you find App Flash? If so, ple... Ver más...
We are glad to hear the phone is in good physical shape and do want it working smoothly again. When going to your Apps, Settings, Apps & Notifications, App Info, do you find App Flash? If so, please select this to clear the cache and data. When going to Google Play, have you ensured that your apps are all up to date? LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
We know that checking your important missed calls is crucial and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. While we cannot guarantee all features on non Verizon Wireless devices, what exa... Ver más...
We know that checking your important missed calls is crucial and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. While we cannot guarantee all features on non Verizon Wireless devices, what exactly happens when you attempt to retrieve a message? Any new apps, games or software? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when this happens? LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We know that cost is something that we all need to watch and reviewing your bill is the best way to do this. If you prefer receiving paper statements, simply follow the steps listed under number ... Ver más...
We know that cost is something that we all need to watch and reviewing your bill is the best way to do this. If you prefer receiving paper statements, simply follow the steps listed under number 2 at Paper free Billing FAQs | Verizon Wireless to swipe the paper-free billing to off. This way, you will receive future statements in the mail. Should you wish to review your current detailed statement, sign in to My Verizon, select Pay Bill and then choose the View or Save Printable Statement. I hope this is beneficial. LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
Having access to these messages on your tablet definitely adds a bit more freedom to messaging. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. When installing Message + on the tablet, did you allow the... Ver más...
Having access to these messages on your tablet definitely adds a bit more freedom to messaging. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. When installing Message + on the tablet, did you allow the camera permissions? Have you attempted to adjust the display brightness to ensure that the image is clear for the QR code to scan? Please also ensure that there is space available in the tablet memory. LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 
Staying safe and hands free on the road is a must. Though we do not support Android Auto, we are certainly glad to provide some steps to assist. When attempting the pairing do you receive any spe... Ver más...
Staying safe and hands free on the road is a must. Though we do not support Android Auto, we are certainly glad to provide some steps to assist. When attempting the pairing do you receive any specific error message? Since this began, have you cleared the application cache for Android Auto by going to the Apps, Settings, Application Manager, Android Auto, Storage, Clear Cache and Data? Also, under permissions, is everything enabled? LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We always want you to have access to your account details. The Hum is a great way to help keep safe while on the road. Was there a specific reason that you were considering canceling the line? To... See more...
We always want you to have access to your account details. The Hum is a great way to help keep safe while on the road. Was there a specific reason that you were considering canceling the line? To check this line, simply sign in to My Verizon, select Devices and scroll to this line. Here you will see if the line is eligible for upgrade or the date that it would be. This will reflect the contract date. I hope this is beneficial and want you to know that we are here to assist should you be experiencing any issues with your device. LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want you to catch all of the games that you enjoy. While NFL Mobile offers the local games, Yahoo Sports is a great option for games outside of your area. See details at https://infomanager.vz... Ver más...
We want you to catch all of the games that you enjoy. While NFL Mobile offers the local games, Yahoo Sports is a great option for games outside of your area. See details at https://infomanager.vzwcorp.com/content/km/categories/features/220969.html. LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!