Thank you very much. Stupidly enough, I didn't realize that going to Pay my bill would lead to its own process. I've only ever paid my bill on myverizon so now I have a better understanding. En... See more...
Thank you very much. Stupidly enough, I didn't realize that going to Pay my bill would lead to its own process. I've only ever paid my bill on myverizon so now I have a better understanding. In any case, my bill is paid and I can sleep well tonight with one more problem solved.
Hi, I am trying to access my account to pay my bill but am unable to. When I sign in it says you will send me a PIN by text but I am out of the country and cannot receive it. There also seems ... See more...
Hi, I am trying to access my account to pay my bill but am unable to. When I sign in it says you will send me a PIN by text but I am out of the country and cannot receive it. There also seems to be no option to receive it by email or any other way. Tried to get a chat with a representative or to find an email for a rep and can't find a suitable point of contact. To post in the community forum I had to create this account. I suspended my account in June so my payment would be suspended for the next few months while I am abroad and because of this I did not realize there was more to pay in my previous bill. Your help section is also very unhelpful because of its convolution and required sign in (which I couldn't do because of the reasons above). Thanks in advance, Abir