JonathanK, are you aware that Verizon is dropping T1 lines in some of their cell tower facilities and using microwaving instead because it is cheaper???  Maybe this is causing a bandwidth bottlen... Ver más...
JonathanK, are you aware that Verizon is dropping T1 lines in some of their cell tower facilities and using microwaving instead because it is cheaper???  Maybe this is causing a bandwidth bottleneck in areas causing the failures???
What is your hardware revision number under about phone?
I am so fed up with this service and the phone!!!! Since the phone only works half of the time I should only have to pay half of my bill!!! Verizon QUIT TELLING PEOPLE TO DO A FACTORY RESET AND P... Ver más...
I am so fed up with this service and the phone!!!! Since the phone only works half of the time I should only have to pay half of my bill!!! Verizon QUIT TELLING PEOPLE TO DO A FACTORY RESET AND PULL THE BATTERY OR GET A NEW SIM CARD!!  IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!! THE problem is KITKAT!! I want a number to call to get a refund on my bill.
I do not believe the Sim Card is the issue here.  As I have stated I have two S4 phones.  You mean to tell me that both Sim Cards went bad? Coincidentally the same time the KitKat update was push... Ver más...
I do not believe the Sim Card is the issue here.  As I have stated I have two S4 phones.  You mean to tell me that both Sim Cards went bad? Coincidentally the same time the KitKat update was pushed.  I agree with Missmeggymegs. This should have been fixed long ago! A class action lawsuit is what is needed.  I also agree with karrielm.  As much money as I put out for the phones and the plans each month the phones should perform exceptionally well.  I have put so much time and effort in trying to fix these phones it is crazy!
Would you be able to post a link to the solution?
I have two Galaxy S4 Phones. One for business and one for my personal phone. Both phones experience the same problems.  Low signal, dropped calls and failed texts.  Prior to the KitKat update I r... Ver más...
I have two Galaxy S4 Phones. One for business and one for my personal phone. Both phones experience the same problems.  Low signal, dropped calls and failed texts.  Prior to the KitKat update I rarely had any issues with the phone.  The only thing that resolves the failing texts is to restart the phone and send again.  Verizon please fix I am so frustrated with this problem I am seriously looking at AT&T. I have tried the usual factory reset, pulling battery. It is definitely a software bug!  When will a fix be available??