Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,674 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

MichaelD_NC's Posts

Question for VZW's network engineering group: In August 2015 a new tower was constructed near Macon, NC.  In mid-September 2015, antennas were placed on this tower. From AntennaSearch.com, th... See more...
Question for VZW's network engineering group: In August 2015 a new tower was constructed near Macon, NC.  In mid-September 2015, antennas were placed on this tower. From AntennaSearch.com, these are the details: Registration #: 1295675 Latitude: 36.5121 Longitude: -78.0443 Structure Type: NA Status: Constructed Date Constructed: 08/18/2015 Ground Elev: 313.0 feet Height Of Structure: 259.9 feet Overall Height: 581.7 feet Structure Address: 1501 Church Hill Road, Macon, NC The owner is listed as Alltel Communications, LLC, which VZW bought many years ago. Since this tower has gone live, 4G LTE coverage has been wonderful (20-50 Mbps according to SpeedTest app).  Additionally, my Droid Turbo (with HD Voice capabilities aka VoLTE) can make clear voice calls (previous closest tower / cell-site was ~8 miles away).  However other VZW phones on the account (Samsung Galaxy S4) that don't have VoLTE capability can't make voice calls, but still get good download speed with SpeedTest with LTE signal. Can someone from VZW's network engineering group answer if this tower has 2G/CDMA/1xRTT antennas on the tower, or just LTE antennas? If the tower doesn't have 2G/CDMA/1xRTT antennas at the moment, is this a case of construction is still in progress, or a permanent business decision not to install the older 2G/CDMA/1xRTT antennas at this location.
I'm on a really old plan...America's Choice Family Share 500, Free N&W, with 2 lines, and each line has the unlimited data feature on the line. Neither line has a texting package. I currently... See more...
I'm on a really old plan...America's Choice Family Share 500, Free N&W, with 2 lines, and each line has the unlimited data feature on the line. Neither line has a texting package. I currently have a Droid Bionic (large SIM card) & want to get a Droid Turbo (small SIM card).  It is literally cheaper for me to pay full retail for a phone (actually 2 phones) than switch to a "More Everything" plan because my plan is so old.  Across the two lines, we probably only use 3-5 GB/mo, so we aren't 'heavy' data users, but we aren't using 1-2GB/mo either. I went into a VZW Corporate store, and they said I should be able to keep my plan with unlimited data if I pay full retail, but the sales person said their system has been knocking off unlimited data for other customers, even for something as small as a SIM card change. I tried upgrading on verizonwireless.com, and the system tried to kick me out of my America's Choice Family Share 500 plan. What is the process to get a new phone, pay ~$600 for it, get the new SIM card assigned to the account, and keep my calling plan with unlimited data? (I also have the option to turn on & off Mobile Hot-Spot for $30/mo at will...but probably only have it active for 1 week a year, if that) Thanks!