Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,559 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

wsard107's Posts

Left Verizon after a very long time as a customer. Paid the wireless charges last month to 0 and this month the ETF appeared as this month's bill due on the 5th of August, 2015. Well to my surpri... See more...
Left Verizon after a very long time as a customer. Paid the wireless charges last month to 0 and this month the ETF appeared as this month's bill due on the 5th of August, 2015. Well to my surprise, I have been receiving robocalls with silent dead air, and then today I received a nasty threatening call from collections stating if I didn't pay the amount due today they would send my account to collections damaging my credit and charging me hundreds in fees.  I think Verizon is shady now, to call and threaten customers that have paid their bills and even the ones that aren't due yet. I'm not the only one this has happened to, my friend received a collection call the first week he ported out his number, I guess I'm special. A warning to those who wish to jump ship beware of this.
My disagreements with Verizon is not contractual, well in part, their business model has changed to where they could care less about their customers. I dealt with that for many years with Sprint ... See more...
My disagreements with Verizon is not contractual, well in part, their business model has changed to where they could care less about their customers. I dealt with that for many years with Sprint during their merger with Nextel. The service I get with T-Mobile is great right now, but after time, like most others might change their customer agreements or sign illegal FISA warrants on your personal data, like Verizon which might diminish trust. My bill is 100.00 cheaper per month and unlimited data, some areas are not full LTE but many areas for Verizon was spotty. What has sealed the deal is their collection practices on a bill that isn't even due yet, they have been calling and harassing me over the ETF portion which just became due this month, nasty, mean, threatening.
When I purchased a new contract phone, the representative would ask me, or not, if I'd like to continue the insurance and I would agree or just automatically expect it and every phone always had ... See more...
When I purchased a new contract phone, the representative would ask me, or not, if I'd like to continue the insurance and I would agree or just automatically expect it and every phone always had insurance. Then when Verizon started carrying the IPhone the insurance became almost impossible to in-role in, if you had found out they never rolled the insurance over. Just like other services like unlimited data had gone out the door and was no longer available, or you had to wait for an enrolment period to sign up for insurance.
That's good for you. How long has this informative blog been here?
Wow, I was with Verizon for a long time but had never defended them, regrettably referred them, but never to the extent of pulling up documents and blaming other customers for their failures to c... See more...
Wow, I was with Verizon for a long time but had never defended them, regrettably referred them, but never to the extent of pulling up documents and blaming other customers for their failures to conform to customer agreements. They must really take care of you, I wish I received the same services.
So you say that Verizon prays on the ignorance of their customers not to check every bill for accuracy and not to read the constantly changing customer agreement? Now I have seen the true Verizon... See more...
So you say that Verizon prays on the ignorance of their customers not to check every bill for accuracy and not to read the constantly changing customer agreement? Now I have seen the true Verizon for what they are I can see their expectations of their customers. Buyer be ware, should be the heading. Customers like feeling that there is an honest relationship, a good faith that the company they purchase goods and services off of would be making rules and decisions based on a provider customer based agreement, where the customer is happy and so is the provider.
What affiliation do you have with Verizon? Paid? or just a devout customer who is overly satisfied with their indentured servitude? So the fault stays with the customer for ignorance of not knowi... See more...
What affiliation do you have with Verizon? Paid? or just a devout customer who is overly satisfied with their indentured servitude? So the fault stays with the customer for ignorance of not knowing what retention programs a servicer offers? There was not any discount offered to me at any time for not being in contract, how is that my fault? There was not any automatic discount, the bill remained the same after the phone lines fell out of contract.
I have been current on my bill even after the jump to T-Mobile. Last month I paid the balance in full, this month has the ETF fee, not due until the 15th of next month. You automatically assumed ... See more...
I have been current on my bill even after the jump to T-Mobile. Last month I paid the balance in full, this month has the ETF fee, not due until the 15th of next month. You automatically assumed that I'm in default? my bill doesn't generate until the 15th of every month. This is the 20th. Nasty collection practices from the credit department, rude and threatening. My insurance was 7.99 a month, my monthly bill only went down 3.00 so I'd never noticed the change in service until I had gone to use the insurance. You are playing semantics with everyone reads their contract, how many pages of fine legalese print must a customer bear before it gets too overwhelming for even a lawyer to understand. The most important part is that as a verizon customer you are under arbitration, verizon court where you must trust them to make a fair, honest ruling. I can tell you already how that would turn out. 
rcschnoor, I received no discount for my out of contract lines, nor was I offered any, or knew that It was available. In your logic, for the past 15 months Verizon has offered a discount on lines... See more...
rcschnoor, I received no discount for my out of contract lines, nor was I offered any, or knew that It was available. In your logic, for the past 15 months Verizon has offered a discount on lines out of contract, guessing 10.00 a month per line would = 300.00 exactly my termination fee. Which would be good faith to pay the ETF with. I left Verizon with 10 years of service, I'd fairly say 6 years have been great. The reception has always been adequate, but customer service and the constant changing customer agreement was difficult to keep up with, then they threw all of us into an arbitration agreement where we loose all legal rights in courts and are at the mercy of Verizon to be fare and just, and we all know how that turns out. Looking at how much Verizon politically lobbies different political groups in one hand and then rubs the NSA's back acting like they are being forced to do it is a little unsettling to me to buy services off of. Maybe put that lobbying money to good use and try to retain the diminishing customer base they have left. I paid all of my account to 0 last month, then the line which had a contract generated a ETF for this month, my bill is not due until next month on the 15th but received a nasty creditor call threatening me with excessive fees and credit damage if the balance is not paid today. Does that sound like a company someone would like to go back to? I don't think so.
VZW at one time would roll your insurance over with every upgrade. Then they stopped. Most customers found out the hard way like myself when an Iphone was damaged in a car accident. They stopped ... See more...
VZW at one time would roll your insurance over with every upgrade. Then they stopped. Most customers found out the hard way like myself when an Iphone was damaged in a car accident. They stopped rolling it over when they started selling the Iphone. No one let me know that I wasn't covered or I needed to wait for an enrolment period. I guess you must read all the fine print with Verizon or you'll end up uninsured on an expensive device. I purchased a protective case and opted out of the insurance program entirely which saved me around 30$ a month because of the hassle of waiting months to enroll in a service obviously Verizon didn't want customers signing into anyway. Just currently dealing with nasty ETF collectors right now, they threaten to ruin your credit and charge you exuberant fees if you fail to pay the blood money due at separation of the contractual marriage.
That is because they don't value your business. Verizon , as well as their contracts have changed over the years, for me 10 years of loyal customer. It seems as though once Verizon started arbitr... See more...
That is because they don't value your business. Verizon , as well as their contracts have changed over the years, for me 10 years of loyal customer. It seems as though once Verizon started arbitration agreements with their customers they could care less about making them happy. I left Sprint because of a poor merger with Nextel communications before Verizon for receiving poor customer care and wireless service. I had three lines but only one in contract for at least 3 years, but their price plans reflect a contract phone and you receive no discounts on service for not having a contract. When I finally decided to leave Verizon to T-Mobile, I received a ETF for 300.00 on my account. No call to retain me as a customer, just a rude collection call just as the bill generated. So far the grass is much greener on the Magenta side of the fence and a much lower bill, but now Verizon has separation issues with a customer they lost with poor business practices and constantly changing terms of agreements which should warrant a breach of contract alone. I'm just venting my anger and frustrations but we will see how much Verizon cares about their customers to see if they will pay the ETF bill in good faith. Doubt it.