Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,203 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

willzzz99's Posts

This is not the place for discussing this. (This is a end user customer forum).   Go here: http://opennetwork.verizonwireless.com/aboutOpenDev.aspx   http://opennetwork.verizonwireless.com/de... See more...
This is not the place for discussing this. (This is a end user customer forum).   Go here: http://opennetwork.verizonwireless.com/aboutOpenDev.aspx   http://opennetwork.verizonwireless.com/deviceModuleShowcase.aspx   Click "See Documentation" see specifications and REGISTER for a VZW developer account.   Once registered the VZW Dev. website will give you the information.   To answer without scratching my head, yes the underlying network uses IPv6 privately for signaling and other stuff.   Yes you possibly MAY get a end user public IPv6 address (I tested one in a store and one had it, the other didn't).   I did a tracert from the tunnel to the Verizon Business public internet gateway packet core exit (*.alter.net) and it was IPv6 to Google.   DNS supports IPv6.   How about you do what real developers do, test it for yourself or get WORK to fund it for you!?   3G does not have IPv6 underneath DEPLOYEd but is NOW capable but their upgraded eHRPD core which combines the GSM LTE 3GPP R8 SAE core + traditional CDMA EVDO rA core DOES.   VZW has a industry conference in Las Vegas, I got the email too bad I can't go to Vegas on the 14th... I will be watching the VZW industry conference webcast though from Vegas that morning (PST to EST conversion).    
1. There isn't a easy end-user way for this unless you have technical/IT knowledge. 2. If you do you nee to get the 2 networks onto the SAME network subnet because your printer is being assigned... See more...
1. There isn't a easy end-user way for this unless you have technical/IT knowledge. 2. If you do you nee to get the 2 networks onto the SAME network subnet because your printer is being assigned a IP address off the router with probably Cable/DSL/Fiber/Ethernet broadband versus the WWAN LTE connection. 3. In order to do this you need to replace that existing wired broadband router with one (or put it behind and possibly configure IP routing or double NATing) a new router than supports NOT the MiFi but a VZW WWAN card (The UML290 for example) + existing wired broadband and do seamless switchover. 4. You are better off disconnecting and reconnecting to print a document. 5. If you ARE AT HOME why not use the wired broadband connection which is UNLIMITED or very high (250GB+) and not worry about caps!?
I really hope you did the standard turn off device, remove SIM card (not really needed but just in case the DEVICE is defective), and rebooted the device!?   They are using a bridging technolog... See more...
I really hope you did the standard turn off device, remove SIM card (not really needed but just in case the DEVICE is defective), and rebooted the device!?   They are using a bridging technology (eHRPD) to bridge GSM (LTE) and CDMA technologies and they are doing MASSIVE network upgrades on the backend so in may NOT be stable until fully launched in your area.   BTW next time REMOVE the IMEI#, the IMEI# is equivelent in GSM to the ESN/MEID in CDMA.   It's mroe likely NOT your device and them VZW doing network upgrades in the backend.
Err private IPv6 IP address. The IPv4 address shortage is the real problem they are NATing IPv4.
VZWINTERNET should be the ONLY APN a client END user should see.   All the other APN's are for VZW to VZW SMS, MMS and other authentication things INTERNALLY with the VZW LTE network.   You d... See more...
VZWINTERNET should be the ONLY APN a client END user should see.   All the other APN's are for VZW to VZW SMS, MMS and other authentication things INTERNALLY with the VZW LTE network.   You don't need to change anything.   I was just trying to imply that in the future VZW 4G LTE internet service will have native IPv6 NAT internet for the end user.
You should use private IPv6 tunneled over IPv4 over the VZW public internet "VZWINTERNET" APN in the client config.   The VZW 4G network uses the latest technology and allows IPv6 natively (whi... See more...
You should use private IPv6 tunneled over IPv4 over the VZW public internet "VZWINTERNET" APN in the client config.   The VZW 4G network uses the latest technology and allows IPv6 natively (which certain config tunnels use for SMS and MMS, btw...) but they do not allow end user client internet traffic to use IPv6 *yet* I don't believe.   You can try to go to http://www.whatismyip.com   If you have a NATIVE IPv6 WAN IP over NAT assigned by VZW then you have native IPv6 but your corporate internet end-point tunnel needs to have IPv6 enabled from the service provider (it's a enteprrise thing at the moment...).   Anyways in the future it's simply a flick of a switch and some programming.
How rural is this area!?   Is the cell sites in the area within 60 miles (microwave backhaul) of a GE (GigabitEthernet-X) connection that VZW needs to haul it with fiber back to its core LTE in... See more...
How rural is this area!?   Is the cell sites in the area within 60 miles (microwave backhaul) of a GE (GigabitEthernet-X) connection that VZW needs to haul it with fiber back to its core LTE infrastructure in Northern California/Silicon Valley/San Jose data-centers and onto the greater internet!?   A-lot of it is fiber availbility by a supplier that VZW can contract with...
It's quite simple and I believe it is the Google Android translation system.   The processing is being done on Google's server clusters worldwide in the data-centers.   The phone is 3G data r... See more...
It's quite simple and I believe it is the Google Android translation system.   The processing is being done on Google's server clusters worldwide in the data-centers.   The phone is 3G data roaming in Europe, standard Google Android, translate, send to Google server, get back response.   Just standard Android stuff. You can do it today on an Android phone.   Oh this is Windows Mobile, wrong platform.   Of course this being Google they have their OWN PLATFORM to sell, Windows Mobile is a competitor.    But maybe a 3rd party company will come up with it.
They are having problems that are MOSTLY solved because they are doing 2 things: 1. CDMA and LTE are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGIES OFF TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY TREES. CDMA is CDG ... See more...
They are having problems that are MOSTLY solved because they are doing 2 things: 1. CDMA and LTE are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGIES OFF TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY TREES. CDMA is CDG based (CDMA2000) and LTE is GSM based (GSMA), VZW is using bridging technology called eHRPD to bridge the EVDO rA and LTE technologies by overlaying their EVDO core with a GSM LTE EPC one. 2. LTE like all 4G technologies requires fiber+possible microwave (rural areas) back-haul. They need to get fiber to a cell site with-in 60 miles of a cell-site. You get the best performance on fiber and it's the easiest. Of course the urban areas are getting it first, faster cheaper ROI (return on investment) and also the fiber is already there from a fiber supplier (Cable, ILEC, IXC, Indy provider, etc, etc.). 3. It looks like VZW is FINALLY working out its bugs on the system. I'm glad for that!
You can use the Verizon SIM card, it just requires activation of international roaming of your US CDMA MEID + GSM SIM Card serial # value (the 89 value).   Of course then you're paying VZW roam... See more...
You can use the Verizon SIM card, it just requires activation of international roaming of your US CDMA MEID + GSM SIM Card serial # value (the 89 value).   Of course then you're paying VZW roaming fees.   If the US account is still active why do that when you can go local!?
Connect it to WiFi on a broadband connection.   Surf the internet through the WiFi and tell it to sync (or wait).   You will be prompted to download the update.   Any updates while using a ... See more...
Connect it to WiFi on a broadband connection.   Surf the internet through the WiFi and tell it to sync (or wait).   You will be prompted to download the update.   Any updates while using a foriegn SIM card or roaming require WiFi connection (regular internet).
It's under active deployment for the NEXT LAUNCH PHASE.   BTW Verizon LTE is available in Sprint's corporate campus (world HQ) and that corporate cluster building.   Very funny, Verizon beats... See more...
It's under active deployment for the NEXT LAUNCH PHASE.   BTW Verizon LTE is available in Sprint's corporate campus (world HQ) and that corporate cluster building.   Very funny, Verizon beats Sprint/Clearwire to LTE in their corporate campus! (that corporate office park!).   It's expanding out from there in Overland Park, KS to the whole metro actively.
The most likely issue!? The "people" are adding network capacity and it's only a temporary thing. You were caught in a bad time when VZW and their contractors are installing/tuning LTE.
Kill the existing SIM card account and swap it to a new number which VZW will mail you or do it @ a store.
Also LTE uses carrier grade NAT in VZW config (client gets 10.x.x.x, YOU WILL NOT get a public WAN IP unless you pay $500+ for a enterprise solution), make sure the one able to pass IPSec through... See more...
Also LTE uses carrier grade NAT in VZW config (client gets 10.x.x.x, YOU WILL NOT get a public WAN IP unless you pay $500+ for a enterprise solution), make sure the one able to pass IPSec through a NAT aggregation gateway is checked in your settings.
Problem with Cisco VPN client and the WWAN chipset driver probably.   BTW it maybe due to the Cisco VPN client being RETAREDED and changing the legacy PPPoE MTU to 1300 or something.    Serio... See more...
Problem with Cisco VPN client and the WWAN chipset driver probably.   BTW it maybe due to the Cisco VPN client being RETAREDED and changing the legacy PPPoE MTU to 1300 or something.    Seriously CISCO who the hell uses PPPoE legacy 1300 anymore, KEEP IT AT DEFAULT 1500!   Let it fragment, the networks are designed for it NOW!   To change it make to 1500 go into your programs, MTU changer and change the WWAN chipset module back to 1500.   I am 95% sure it's a Cisco interoperability problem since LTE speeds are SO HIGH (aka wired broadand like) that Cisco should be engineering in comparison to WiFi (WiFI and LTE speeds are similar).
Call Verizon and make sure your account is provisioned correctly with the SIM card activated (ISMI#) either by youself on vzw.com or CSR if you don't know how to get the SIM card serial # (ISMI#)... See more...
Call Verizon and make sure your account is provisioned correctly with the SIM card activated (ISMI#) either by youself on vzw.com or CSR if you don't know how to get the SIM card serial # (ISMI#) (the 89 digit number set) off the card.
The REAL answer is SIGNAL INTERFERENCE FROM TOO MANY WIFI NETWORKS (aka Enterprise/Industrial WiFi networks broadcasting very high power!).   The fix is to change your MiFi hotspot's WiFi chann... See more...
The REAL answer is SIGNAL INTERFERENCE FROM TOO MANY WIFI NETWORKS (aka Enterprise/Industrial WiFi networks broadcasting very high power!).   The fix is to change your MiFi hotspot's WiFi channel from something NOT used by the industrial WiFi AP (Access Point's) in the airports, most likely from 1, 6, or 11.   If it's on 6 by default I believe change it to 1, if that doesn't work change it to 11.   If that doesn't work (becasue those 3 are the IEEE 802.11g non-overlapping SPECTRUM BANDS) change it to in-between 1 to 6 to 11.   I have a faster way because I have technical development tools that allow me to scan the WiFi enviroment to see which channel the EXISTING industrial WiFi networks are on and to one that isn't used (you have to be trained/smart to use this, this is NOT for a consumer).   This is NOTHING DELIBERATE. Because a-lot of Airline/Airport IT runs on PRIVATE networks these days (heavily encrypted WPA2-AES Enterprise) including Mobile WiFi baggage tag scanners to update baggage information before it is loaded onto a plane and when unloaded (some airlines). Also mobile check-in kiosks and mobile airline IT stations to re-issue/change tickets, etc.   This is similar 2 JFK/EWR/LGA to an extent I believe.
If it's a 4G device YOU CAN REUSE ANY EXISTING VZW 4G SIM CARD. Just go to MyVerizon online and you can yourself MOVE the physical device (IMEI#/MEID#/ESN#) to the desired existing SIM card and r... See more...
If it's a 4G device YOU CAN REUSE ANY EXISTING VZW 4G SIM CARD. Just go to MyVerizon online and you can yourself MOVE the physical device (IMEI#/MEID#/ESN#) to the desired existing SIM card and reassigned the # for ultimate freedom & flexability. (This is useful for corporate phone deployments!)   You can also call CSR and they can do it on their side if you don't know the technology or want someone else to do it.   ALL of the activation can be DONE REMOTELY by calling or online.   Or if you don't have a existing SIM card from VZW 4G then you can mail you one PREACTIVATED. All you have to do is open the envelope, remove card, insert into phone and boot it.   Or you can go to a store (faster for non-remote areas!).   On boot the phone auto-conf's and loads everything automatically and magically from VZW's 4G/'3G network!
I NEED THIS NOW considering it has the Qualcomm world-mode chipset and can be used worldwide in any country /w VZW roaming (I travel).