Wow...so many apologists for Verizon...who knew?!?   Makes one wonder at the motivation... See if you can follow the logic for a moment.  If I can click a button and get the same service for $... Ver más...
Wow...so many apologists for Verizon...who knew?!?   Makes one wonder at the motivation... See if you can follow the logic for a moment.  If I can click a button and get the same service for $25, is it reasonable to assume Verizon can provide the service for that amount?  Then your argument holds no water. Verizon is an international company with many cross-border agreements for other networks.  They would not offer the service for $25 a month if they could not make money doing so.  They do nothing for free.
Actually they agreed the could see I made the change right when i went to Canada and it was obvious it was the wrong choice....but too bad, so sad. I guess I'm just being unreasonable and shou... Ver más...
Actually they agreed the could see I made the change right when i went to Canada and it was obvious it was the wrong choice....but too bad, so sad. I guess I'm just being unreasonable and should gladly pay the $1000.  Such a courtesy for them to provide a service that should have cost $25 for the bargain price of $1000!  Lucky me!
Actually, this is not about being accountable.  I openly admit it was my mistake.  All I was looking for was a reasonable, considerate answer.  When it is obvious the customer tried to do the rig... Ver más...
Actually, this is not about being accountable.  I openly admit it was my mistake.  All I was looking for was a reasonable, considerate answer.  When it is obvious the customer tried to do the right thing by their own records, a customer-focused organization would give credence to that and adjust the bill accordingly.  It's like taking something that doesn't belong to you.  Had I hit the right button, it would have cost $25.  Because I hit the wrong button, it cost $1000.  There is no reasonableness there. Guess I'm just bein crabby....
Absolutely agree on being accountable for my own actions...that's why I indicated these were my mistakes.  As for recording a phone call, it is not illegal to document a discussion that is alread... Ver más...
Absolutely agree on being accountable for my own actions...that's why I indicated these were my mistakes.  As for recording a phone call, it is not illegal to document a discussion that is already being recorded by the other party. So then your premise is that businesses should have no loyalty to their customers?  Just asking...  Just as respect is earned, so must loyalty.   The businesses that get that and go out of their way to earn your loyalty are, sadly, the exception, not the rule.
So....heading to Canada like i have done for business many times...and I decide to quickly go online and add the US and Canada plan to my account coverage.  I carried this for years while working... Ver más...
So....heading to Canada like i have done for business many times...and I decide to quickly go online and add the US and Canada plan to my account coverage.  I carried this for years while working in Canada.  I apparently hit the Global Data  button instead of adding the US/Canada plan. When I returned to the US and got my bill, Verizon charged me $1100 for using my cell in Canada!!!  Thinking this must be a mistake, I called and was informed that since I selected to wrong service on their site.  Even though I explained to numerous unconcerned people that the change in my account indicated I mistakenly selected the wrong option, the best they could do was give me a 20% credit...So I still owed over $800 for my mistake?!?!!!  No matter who I talked to, they thought this was a fair response. Second mistake:  I thought I had turned off my automatic payment from the bank.  So I went online and paid my bill at the Verizon site.  Unfortunately, a few days later, my bank paid the same bill.  So I call Verizon on what seems to be a simple problem:  Please give me back my money.  They were happy to take my request....and tell me it would be up to 10 business days before it was resolved.  I asked for it to be expedited.  "Sorry, there's no way for us to do that." WHAT?!?  I am not severely overdrawn, used all of my available overdraft to cover it, and they can't even put a rush on the request. After working my way through the BS, I finally found a supervisor (whose direct report told me she could do nothing to help me) who told me to send a copy of my bank statement showing the check was paid from my account, and then they could release the standard 10-day "let's wait and make sure WE get our money BEFORE we service our customer" hold. This amounts to a few things for me: 1.  Be perfect.  if you make the mistakes I did, you're screwed and Verizon's policies absolve them of any reasonable actions to help you. 2.  Do not modify your account by yourself with their handy-dandy website tools.  If you make a mistake, you're screwed.  Call them and make them make the changes you want.  And get the name of the person you speak with.  And, I would also recommend, record the conversation...just as they do "for training purposes." 3.  Do not expect that having an account with them for 10+ years and having five lines on the account means anything at all.  They do not care if you are a loyal customer...especially when you make a mistake. I am actively seeking another carrier...the choices are so numerous and so much cheaper why wouldn't I.  The sad part is I would not even be thinking about it were it not for a total lack of concern when the chips are down. Anyone had a similar experience?