Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,585 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

LMK81's Posts

I stopped into the VZ store last night since my phone went from fully charged to 43% battery in under 2 hours. The update set my phone to Global network. The person at the store changed it to... See more...
I stopped into the VZ store last night since my phone went from fully charged to 43% battery in under 2 hours. The update set my phone to Global network. The person at the store changed it to "LTE/CDMA" and my battery suddenly showed 78% left. He said it was the 4th he'd seen like that yesterday alone.
Since the update last week, my phone battery doesn't even last half a day.  I took if off the charger at 6:45 this morning, at noon it was alerting me to 15% battery left.  I charged it 3 times y... See more...
Since the update last week, my phone battery doesn't even last half a day.  I took if off the charger at 6:45 this morning, at noon it was alerting me to 15% battery left.  I charged it 3 times yesterday to get through the day.  What gives?  Has anyone else experienced this?
I checked that setting and that was not on. Still doing the double notification. On Feb 2, 2018 11:00 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>
So I went ahead and reset the Messaging+ app since I am having the same problem with double notifications and it did NOT correct the problem. 
I have this same problem with a Galaxy S7.  If I go through the process of "resetting" the app, the way you describe, does that mean I lose all my text messages I have?
No there isn't.
I have two on my account that both have issues since the 5.0 update and I realize they're asking questions they are told to ask, but at this point, I've been asked the same questions every time I... See more...
I have two on my account that both have issues since the 5.0 update and I realize they're asking questions they are told to ask, but at this point, I've been asked the same questions every time I talk to customer service so it's like a broken record.. "We want you to still like your phone, have you tried safe mode? have you tried turning it off and taking the battery out? have you tried not using any extra apps? have you tried a reset on it?"  I couldn't get my phone to respond to the touch screen last night.  I left work with 17% battery power last night (after charging it twice yesterday to 100%) and couldn't operate the phone to respond to messages or make calls.  I'm feeling like switching to Verizon was a HUGE mistake..and being that this is my ONLY phone, it's REALLY hard to call Verizon and trouble shoot the phone that I'm calling on while I'm on it..
Yes, I've tried safe mode.  I've tried running the phone with no other apps installed. It doesn't help.  My phone worked better on KitKat with ALL my apps installed than it does on Lollipop with ... See more...
Yes, I've tried safe mode.  I've tried running the phone with no other apps installed. It doesn't help.  My phone worked better on KitKat with ALL my apps installed than it does on Lollipop with no apps installed.  The sad truth is that I'm getting really tired of hearing Verizon tell me to run the phone in this mode, or run it in that mode and to delete these apps and try not using wifi and not use this and not use that.  I bought the phone for convenience--if I can't use the apps and have the convenience that I purchased it for, then why am I paying so much damn money every month?
There is no change with or without Facebook/Facebook Messenger.  Regardless, my phone worked fine with Facebook and Facebook Messenger installed prior to the update so it should work just fine af... See more...
There is no change with or without Facebook/Facebook Messenger.  Regardless, my phone worked fine with Facebook and Facebook Messenger installed prior to the update so it should work just fine after, even though it doesn't.  Two battery monitors installed both show that the majority of my battery usage is the Android System and Kernel (Android OS)...It was that way before the reset and after.  I've killed all the apps throughout the day when the phone is not in use and it still makes no difference. I was told by Verizon there would be an update available on 3/16 that should fix some of the problems, but so far there isn't one...though I have to say, I'm scared to see what that one will do to my phone.
Can someone explain this new "interruptions/priority" feature since Android 5.0 killed the silent mode?  All I want is to be able to put my phone on silent (no ring/no vibrate) but still see the ... See more...
Can someone explain this new "interruptions/priority" feature since Android 5.0 killed the silent mode?  All I want is to be able to put my phone on silent (no ring/no vibrate) but still see the LED notifications while I am at work...I can't figure out how to do that...I've discovered that if I put my phone completely on silent (no ring/no vibrate) there are no LED notifications either...As far as I can tell so far, if my phone is on silent and I allow priority notifications to come through, it basically ignores the quiet setting and rings at full volume...I miss Silent Mode...as much as I miss the way my Galaxy S5 operated before the update to 5.0.
I've wiped the cache, I've removed the battery several times, and I've done 2 factory resets and the ONLY thing that changed is that my phone is no longer running hot and going into cool-down mod... See more...
I've wiped the cache, I've removed the battery several times, and I've done 2 factory resets and the ONLY thing that changed is that my phone is no longer running hot and going into cool-down mode.  The battery still drains faster than I've ever seen a battery drain, the lag time on the screen is awful. At first I wished I'd never upgraded....now I'm wishing I'd never switched from Sprint.  They may have had a crappy network, but their customer service was better.
*Update* - I feel like the 5.0 update is the biggest FAIL.  After two factory resets (because apparently the first one didn't complete successfully) I'm still having issues. The lag-time when sel... See more...
*Update* - I feel like the 5.0 update is the biggest FAIL.  After two factory resets (because apparently the first one didn't complete successfully) I'm still having issues. The lag-time when selecting anything on the screen is long enough a person could grow 5 grey hairs while waiting.  My battery life is severely diminished--to the point of annoying.  I don't always have the ability to charge my phone during the day, and prior to 5.0, I never had to!  About the only thing that seemed to change is that my phone is no longer getting hot and going into cool-down mode.  My phone was taken off the charger at 7am, it's been on my desk since 8am, not being used, and had to be put on the charger at 1pm...Ridiculous, Verizon.  I should go back to Sprint....
In 2 weeks now I've done 2 factory resets, countless "battery pulls" and after a discussion with Verizon Support today, there are still issues--like the LED notification not showing when the phon... See more...
In 2 weeks now I've done 2 factory resets, countless "battery pulls" and after a discussion with Verizon Support today, there are still issues--like the LED notification not showing when the phone is on silent (you know, when you really should be able to SEE that you have a message..)...worst update I've ever experienced...The only plus is that after 2 FDRs the lag between apps is somewhat better and my battery lasts 50% longer than it did right after the update. 
Lollipop can suck it.  Worst update!  I have the SAME issues everyone else is talking about.  I loved my S5 until I did this update.  I'm ready to throw it out the window.  I had to charge my pho... See more...
Lollipop can suck it.  Worst update!  I have the SAME issues everyone else is talking about.  I loved my S5 until I did this update.  I'm ready to throw it out the window.  I had to charge my phone twice yesterday and I normally don't charge it at all during the day.  Hot to the touch is appropriate to say also.  The screen and the back get hot, sometimes when it's not even doing anything.  The slowness is indescribable.  When I touch the screen to open an app or navigate, there's a good 5 second delay before it reacts.  This did NOT happen before the 5.0 update, it's only been since 5.0 was installed. 
G900VVRU1ANE9 update causing phone to freeze.  My phone is taking forever to respond since this update.  One phone on my account was replaced because it kept freezing.  The phone wouldn't shut do... See more...
G900VVRU1ANE9 update causing phone to freeze.  My phone is taking forever to respond since this update.  One phone on my account was replaced because it kept freezing.  The phone wouldn't shut down and even removing the battery didn't help.  The phone was replaced and the replacement worked well until 6 hours later when the update to NE9 was installed then the phone started freezing again.  There are problems with the gallery and the SD card.  Is there a fix?