Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,646 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Syd-Lexic's Posts

May I ask to whom you are speaking?
In 2019, @Ann154 posted "Secure messages like verification codes can't be received on the web-based application or any other device besides the phone associated with the phone number the message was ... See more...
In 2019, @Ann154 posted "Secure messages like verification codes can't be received on the web-based application or any other device besides the phone associated with the phone number the message was sent. This is a security feature to prevent unauthorized access to your messages." In the intervening years, has this been changed to an option rather than a baked-in feature? I hate having to get the phone for a verification code, doctor appointments, bank notifications, etc. when I am sitting at my desk with web texting open. The phone is not always nearby. It would be so much easier if I could enable the feature. Please request this feature if it does not exist.  
@Ann154 In the intervening years, has this been changed to an option rather than a baked-in feature? I hate having to get the phone for a verification code when I am sitting at my desk with web texti... See more...
@Ann154 In the intervening years, has this been changed to an option rather than a baked-in feature? I hate having to get the phone for a verification code when I am sitting at my desk with web texting open. The phone is not always nearby. It would be so much easier if I could enable the feature.
Machado22 are you referring to the case where the message IS received by the other party, but your phone does not say DELIVERED? Because that was my original question, but some of the Verizon people ... See more...
Machado22 are you referring to the case where the message IS received by the other party, but your phone does not say DELIVERED? Because that was my original question, but some of the Verizon people replied as if the messages were not being received at all. They were not understanding the question.
jav6, how can I keep all Message+ devices in sync? (a) The browser version on Verizon website, (b) the Windows desktop version, and (c) the Android app? I need to refer to previous messages from devi... See more...
jav6, how can I keep all Message+ devices in sync? (a) The browser version on Verizon website, (b) the Windows desktop version, and (c) the Android app? I need to refer to previous messages from devices that were not used to send. Mostly sent messages don't sync. I usually can see received messages on multiple devices. But it results in seeing only one side of a conversation. Frustrating! Question is for jav6 ONLY. Please ignore, vzw customer support.
The desktop app and their web-based texting were not something to be missed anyway. They will not stay in sync with the phone. This has been going on for YEARS and V won't fix it. There is an app fo... See more...
The desktop app and their web-based texting were not something to be missed anyway. They will not stay in sync with the phone. This has been going on for YEARS and V won't fix it. There is an app for Windows called Your Phone (in the Microsoft store). It allows you to do everything on your PC screen that the phone can do. They both need to be on the same network.
It is still the same. Since an update two years ago, there is no notification if the message+ app is left  open on the screen and in the same conversation. Even if the lock screen is showing, if mess... See more...
It is still the same. Since an update two years ago, there is no notification if the message+ app is left  open on the screen and in the same conversation. Even if the lock screen is showing, if message+ is still on the screen when unlocked, there are no notifications. You have to be looking at the screen to see replies. I cannot find an option to turn this back on! Was this changed intentionally?  
Sometime in the last 3 weeks the problem has disappeared, which confirms it was systemic and not client-related. It disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. The problem was also self-documenting, ... See more...
Sometime in the last 3 weeks the problem has disappeared, which confirms it was systemic and not client-related. It disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. The problem was also self-documenting, because I could always go back to past message info to see if each message said just Sent or Delivered. i.e., the message status never changed on the problem messages. I would like to reiterate that vzw support on this forum is ineffective for all but the most simple of questions. They should have acknowledged they had a system problem from day one (because it was so obvious to any logical person), then escalate it and provide updates. Their only contributions to this thread were obfuscation, wheel-spinning and wasted time.
As I already stated in my post, we already KNOW the messages are being delivered. That's not the issue. We need the functionality restored that shows "Delivered", not just "Sent". It worked fine and ... See more...
As I already stated in my post, we already KNOW the messages are being delivered. That's not the issue. We need the functionality restored that shows "Delivered", not just "Sent". It worked fine and now it does not work. I want assurance that this problem is reproduced, diagnosed, resolved, and re-released from the DEVELOPMENT team as soon as possible. I and my business associates use this feature 24/7. Please post a timeframe for when we can expect this to be completed.
@vzw_customer_support "Request Receipt" is enabled. It has always been enabled, before and after the problem started.  
@Lhoffman1011 No change. I am in the process of answering VZW's latest suggestion.
PS - The OP Lhoffman1011 has already tried your suggestions and they did not solve the problem.  
Since the problem started at the same time for many users, basic tenets of troubleshooting tell me that this is system-related rather than client or device-related. I had already mentioned that I am ... See more...
Since the problem started at the same time for many users, basic tenets of troubleshooting tell me that this is system-related rather than client or device-related. I had already mentioned that I am on Android 8.0.0, which is the latest. The model-specific update status is G935VVRUACSH1, applied 10/19/19, well before the problem started. I would rather not clear data because I often need to refer back to old messages. If you can guarantee me the old messages can be restored, I will clear the data. New information: I have not seen it happen on MMS messages, only SMS. And occasionally SMS does show Delivered (as user UpstateWinds reported), but not often. I would prefer you research or run this up the line to find out what changes have been made on the Verizon end and whether they could be causing the problem. Then either report the bug or give me a workaround, or a timeframe in which it will be corrected. Thanks.  
I have a Samsung S7 Edge on Android 8.0.0. I am using Message+ 6.9.11.  The problem started a couple of weeks ago. Messages say Sent instead of Delivered to VZW users, even the users on my own compa... See more...
I have a Samsung S7 Edge on Android 8.0.0. I am using Message+ 6.9.11.  The problem started a couple of weeks ago. Messages say Sent instead of Delivered to VZW users, even the users on my own company plan. The messages ARE being delivered because the person responds. But it's important to know they are being delivered at the time I am sending them. This does not apply to sending to non-VZW users because they never said Delivered. The system is not capable of that. But all of my important recipients are on VZW. Thank you.  
I am having the same problem. Local Verizon to Verizon people that always said delivered now just say sent. Started a week or two ago. Please acknowledge.
I want to block Pie on my S7 (if it is planned) because I rely on call recording apps and Google blocks them from working in Pie.
You're welcome.
It will at least double your tested speed. Always has for me and my clients. Your device has to support it, though. But if you are on the same band as before the update, this is unrelated.
WildOne46 Is there any chance that you are connecting to your 2.4Ghz network instead of your 5Ghz network since the update?
Irrelevant response. This is specific to a phone update.