Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,927 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tae111's Posts

One of my friends sent me a text to my cell phone number that he got a text from my landline number so I may have been hacked. How is this possible.  Can you even texr from a landline?
I am using the Message+ app that I downloaded from Microsoft to my windows 10 computer a few years ago. In the past I was always able to copy and paste things to messages to people. An example of tha... See more...
I am using the Message+ app that I downloaded from Microsoft to my windows 10 computer a few years ago. In the past I was always able to copy and paste things to messages to people. An example of that would be a website address. That address would show up on their app and they could click on it to open.
It seems I can't copy and paste anything to Message + for Windows.  I was trying to copy and paste a URL to someone and it will copy from the site  but when I right click the message to paste nothing... See more...
It seems I can't copy and paste anything to Message + for Windows.  I was trying to copy and paste a URL to someone and it will copy from the site  but when I right click the message to paste nothing happens. 
I found out by chance that when messages+ upgraded on my computer by itself that version, although appearing to be normal, was actually corrupt. When following the instructions for installation it wo... See more...
I found out by chance that when messages+ upgraded on my computer by itself that version, although appearing to be normal, was actually corrupt. When following the instructions for installation it would always fail when entering  the code sent to my phone.  The fix was uninstalling that program then reinstalling it from Microsoft store. 
13 times now following their directions exactly and it just won't work
I am attempting to reinstall messages+ on my windows 10 computer. It askes me for my mobile number and sends a code. When I enter that code in the Windows app it says There was a error while contacti... See more...
I am attempting to reinstall messages+ on my windows 10 computer. It askes me for my mobile number and sends a code. When I enter that code in the Windows app it says There was a error while contacting the server try again in awhile. I can do that over and over and get the same message. Even if I wait awhile (not sure how long that is exactly) I still get the sane result. What is going on here?
It's not really the act of updating. The phone is up to date. The problem is as long as it's connected to the computer the Verizon Software upgrade assistant is always on. If you pick up the phone an... See more...
It's not really the act of updating. The phone is up to date. The problem is as long as it's connected to the computer the Verizon Software upgrade assistant is always on. If you pick up the phone and open it there it is. If you do something like check a message it will go to messages and then the Verizon assistant will pop back up while you are trying to read your messages. In order to use the phone without it constantly being intrusive you must first unplug the phone from the USB cable and close the app. This is a fairly new issue as I have had all my phones over the years plugged in like this with no problem. I have good WIFI and 4G and never needed to plug my phone via a USB cable to accomplish an update. In fact I have never done that for an update ever. Whatever software program that is I don't need it and is something that just gets in the way. 
Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant pretty much disables my phone when it is connected to my computer.  I often connect my Galaxy S 9 phone to my desktop computer with a long USB cable. When I do this... See more...
Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant pretty much disables my phone when it is connected to my computer.  I often connect my Galaxy S 9 phone to my desktop computer with a long USB cable. When I do this the phone becomes pretty much unusable because the Get connected screen keeps popping up even if I'm in the process of doing something on my phone. This issue is fairly recent as I have done this for years with all my phones and never had the problem. So far I haven't found a way to turn this off. Any suggestions ?
I have the same issue. I have a pretty fast desktop computer and each time I start this app it can take 2 minutes before it's ready to go.  Every other app I have starts almost instantly when I click... See more...
I have the same issue. I have a pretty fast desktop computer and each time I start this app it can take 2 minutes before it's ready to go.  Every other app I have starts almost instantly when I click on it.
Just to clarify. The Verizon Messag+ app for Windows doesn't seem to have an option to add another phone number and If I try to download a seperate copy of Message+ it says I already have it.  Both p... See more...
Just to clarify. The Verizon Messag+ app for Windows doesn't seem to have an option to add another phone number and If I try to download a seperate copy of Message+ it says I already have it.  Both phone numbers are on my account. 
I have Verizon Message+ on our Windows 10 computer. My wife would like to have that as well for her number on the same computer. Is there a way to do that?
You don't need a cellular network connection for Verizon messages to work. I have it on my 2 Windows 10 desktop computers with no cellular access
Today I spent over 1 hour on the phone with Verizon technical service about this issue. He was very helpful and was in contact with other Techs while I was on the phone with him trying to find a ... See more...
Today I spent over 1 hour on the phone with Verizon technical service about this issue. He was very helpful and was in contact with other Techs while I was on the phone with him trying to find a solution. Unfortunately everyone concluded that if you have a new version of the Fire HD10  at this time there is no way to get Verizon Message to work. The QR scanner that is provided with the app doesn't work with the new software version of the Fire HD10. I even loaded a separate QR scanner on the Fire HD and it scanned the QR code right away so it has nothing to do with the code Verizon sends.
I will do that. Still does not solve the issue that the QR code sent to my phone can't be read by my Fire HD. Unfortunately the Verizon Message app doesn't allow any other way to complete the ins... See more...
I will do that. Still does not solve the issue that the QR code sent to my phone can't be read by my Fire HD. Unfortunately the Verizon Message app doesn't allow any other way to complete the installation. If there was some way to type in the character sequence
I have the same problem. I had a Kindle Fire HD 10 that I bought in July. I configured it to be able to get the Google Play store. I downloaded Verizon messages and it worked great. Two weeks ago... See more...
I have the same problem. I had a Kindle Fire HD 10 that I bought in July. I configured it to be able to get the Google Play store. I downloaded Verizon messages and it worked great. Two weeks ago there was a problem with my Fire HD and I sent it back for warranty service. Amazon sent me a brand new one. I did all the steps necessary for me to get Google Play store again. The first app I got was Verizon messages. When setting it up for the first time it sent a QR code to my Samsung S9 phone. You can scan this code until the cows come home and the new Fire HD 10 will not read it. I tried it from many different distances and angles. The red line from the scanner moves up and down but nothing happens. I was on chat with a Verizon tech person who had me try a bunch of things but nothing worked. That person gave me a number for a level 2 tech but I haven't had a chance to call yet. I don't have a good feeling that even they will be able to resolve the issue so I think if you have a newer Fire HD like me we are out of luck with no real explanation.
I am having the same problem. If I connect my S6 via USB I can drag and drop photos to my computer. When I connect my S7 with the same USB cable, select file explorer, select the Samsung device, ... See more...
I am having the same problem. If I connect my S6 via USB I can drag and drop photos to my computer. When I connect my S7 with the same USB cable, select file explorer, select the Samsung device, select open, select DCIM, select camera the photos will come up. If I then try to drag and drop one to another file I get a message that says A device attached to the system is not functioning. I have downloaded the S7 software and also updated the S7 drivers from the Samsung website. I also went into settings enable developer options and turn USB debugging on as some have suggested but that didn't work either. I have selected file transfer in the phones drop down menu. I have also restarted both the phone and computer. Still doesn't work. The computer is  Windows 10. I have run out of things to try. Any suggestions?
Where I live I only get 2 bars of 3g if I'm lucky so sending large data files such as a photo can take forever. The question I had was I also have the messenger app on my computer and tablet. Bot... See more...
Where I live I only get 2 bars of 3g if I'm lucky so sending large data files such as a photo can take forever. The question I had was I also have the messenger app on my computer and tablet. Both of those are not connected to my wireless plan. They are able to send and receive photos almost instantly. Is there a way to set up my Samsung s6 to use the same mechanism as the computer and tablet while I am at home? I regularly connect my phone to the computer via the USB connection.
I have Messenger on my Samsung S6 and also on my computer. The area I live in has poor reception. If I send a message from the computer it goes instantly but if I use the phone it sometimes takes... See more...
I have Messenger on my Samsung S6 and also on my computer. The area I live in has poor reception. If I send a message from the computer it goes instantly but if I use the phone it sometimes takes a very long time to go. I have my phone set to use WIFI calling when mobile network is not available. If I try to send a photo from my phone it can take 20 minutes to send if it sends at all. Is the WIFI calling feature just for calls or is it supposed to work with Messenger also.
I got the Kit Kat update on my s3.Now it gives me messages that the phone is overheating. No apps will open. When put it on the charger it will stop charging after a few minutes and show the over... See more...
I got the Kit Kat update on my s3.Now it gives me messages that the phone is overheating. No apps will open. When put it on the charger it will stop charging after a few minutes and show the overheating message. The phone is stone cold. My phone is 1 year and 3 months old so it's 3 months over the Samsung warranty so no direct replacement. This update may have worked for millions of phones but as far as I'm concerned Samsung sent a bomb to my phone and destroyed it. Imagine taking you new car to the dealer for a scheduled service. It's 3 months over the warranty but it is running great. You go to pick it up and they tell you they did something that destroyed it but since it's out of warranty your on your own.
My Samsung s3 does the same thing. Also when using the phone I get messages that say my phone is overheating and no apps will open. Just spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon tech. My phone is ... See more...
My Samsung s3 does the same thing. Also when using the phone I get messages that say my phone is overheating and no apps will open. Just spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon tech. My phone is 1 year and 3 months old so the Samsung warranty is expired by 3 months. I bought my phone through Wirefly and bought the insurance with them also. Unfortunately wirefly is out of business and also the phone protection company so I'm screwed. The tech had me do a factory reset but that did nothing. I am told this update was sent to millions of phones with no problems. That may be true or not. All I know is Samsung sent a bomb to my phone and destroyed it and so far I'm left holding the bag. I'm bringing the phone to Best Buy. According to Verizon they have a Samsung tech department that will look at it. We'll see. This all happened after the Kit Kat update.