I have been having the same issue with Message+ on Windows 10 for some time now. 1) Messages I send from my phone don't show up in the Windows app 2) Messages I have read on my phone don't get mark... Ver más...
I have been having the same issue with Message+ on Windows 10 for some time now. 1) Messages I send from my phone don't show up in the Windows app 2) Messages I have read on my phone don't get marked as "read" in the app 3) Contacts updated on my phone either don't show up as updated in the app, or they take hours or even days for the changes to appear  There seems to be some major issues with the app sync-ing with Verizon's servers. There are no error messages displayed by either the Android or Windows versions of the apps. If there is some form of logging that can be enabled, I am unaware of it but would be glad to enable and sent to the appropriate development team.  I am running the latest apps on both my phone and on Windows 10: Phone: 6.9.6 Windows 10: 2.0.2.0  It appears that Verizon has known about this issue for some time. It is very disappointing to me that this issue is apparently not receiving any attention. The Windows app has been at version 2.0.2.0 for quite some time, making it appear that no updates to the app have even been attempted, much less successful.  Please advise as to the level of attention that Verizon has focused on this issue.  Thank you,    Scott L and Family
I have the same issue. Message+ v6.9.0 on ZForce and the Verizon Message App v2.0.2.0 on 2 Windows 10 desktops. Messages that are sent and received always show up on the phone, but many of them never... Ver más...
I have the same issue. Message+ v6.9.0 on ZForce and the Verizon Message App v2.0.2.0 on 2 Windows 10 desktops. Messages that are sent and received always show up on the phone, but many of them never show up in the Win 10 apps, leaving odd gaps in conversations. I even uninstalled the old Message+ app from the Win 10 desktops and installed the "Verizon Message" app from the Win store and I'm having exactly the same results. I see that this has been an issue for some time now. I've had this issue for several years now and decided it was time to speak up. I'm very disappointed to see that this has been reported to Verizon for years now with no apparent action taken on their part. Please advise as to when your development team will get around to investigating and fixing this problem. It makes the messaging functionality far less valuable when it misses messages all the time, making the Verizon service far less valuable by extension. Thank you for your attention to this matter, if in fact it receives any attention at all.    Scott Lindley
When I go to "Manage Contacts" I'm told "Your contacts is empty". Bad grammar. Anyway, I don't use Backup Assistant to backup my contacts, I keep them all in the Gmail contact list so I can use t... Ver más...
When I go to "Manage Contacts" I'm told "Your contacts is empty". Bad grammar. Anyway, I don't use Backup Assistant to backup my contacts, I keep them all in the Gmail contact list so I can use them on all devices. Backup Assistant has caused issues in the past for me (and according to Google others as well) with lost and duplicated contacts, so I stopped using it a long time ago. My Tablet is also using Verizon Messages and it's able to see my Gmail contacts. What do I have to do to get the Windows version to see these same Gmail contacts? I had assumed that it would happen automatically when I connected it to the account. Please advise.     Scott
I am having the same issue - installed Message+ on my Windows laptop and my messages show up, but contacts do not. How do I get my Gmail contacts to sync with the app as advertised? All I see are... See more...
I am having the same issue - installed Message+ on my Windows laptop and my messages show up, but contacts do not. How do I get my Gmail contacts to sync with the app as advertised? All I see are phone numbers, and I cannot look up a message recipient. The contact list is stone empty. Please advise.     Scott