Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,846 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

FishermanInPenfield's Posts

Can you actually read the original post with screen shots? I'm not sure how you are attempting to help since your not even looking at the original post.
I guess we will continue to get responses from Verizon Support that add no value to resolving the problem. Your messaging app is not distributed on Verizon phones. It is in the Google App Stor... See more...
I guess we will continue to get responses from Verizon Support that add no value to resolving the problem. Your messaging app is not distributed on Verizon phones. It is in the Google App Store and therefore available to any Verizon customer. The description of the app does not say it is only supported on Verizon phones. If that is the policy clarify.
Based on another post that may be describing the same issue I think the font for the characters is indic. Maybe this can help find a resolution
So I'm noticing a trend where Verizon Support throws out questions about the issue and then never follows up. Let me explain it very simply.... the only app having a problem is Verizon Messaging.... See more...
So I'm noticing a trend where Verizon Support throws out questions about the issue and then never follows up. Let me explain it very simply.... the only app having a problem is Verizon Messaging.  Contacts are fine, other SMS apps are fine. Everything is fine except for your app. I ran debug versions of Verizon Messaging (debug version provided when I emailed support), submitted debug logs, and no one ever contacted me back. I've responded to Verizon support questions and no follow up. If Verizon support is actually interested in asking questions and following up, or responding to my debug log submissions, you can look up my Verizon phone number and give me a call. Otherwise please stop asking questions that make it look like you are interested in fixing the issue. As I found with most issues like this the solution will usually come from another Verizon customer who figured out how to fix the problem. That is why I posted the issue here.
This did not fix it
The issue only occurs in the Verizon messaging app
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried both and the issue persists.
Moto G4 plus with Android 7, latest Verizon Messaging installed. When I add people to a message, it shows the contact person's name and number but where it normally says "Mobile" or "Home" it sh... See more...
Moto G4 plus with Android 7, latest Verizon Messaging installed. When I add people to a message, it shows the contact person's name and number but where it normally says "Mobile" or "Home" it shows weird characters. See picture I uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same. This just started today after the update the Android 7.
This had been happening on my wife's phone for a long time. Finally fixed it with information in one of the posts here to a youtube video. Anyway, here is what I did to fix it: Settings...Sto... See more...
This had been happening on my wife's phone for a long time. Finally fixed it with information in one of the posts here to a youtube video. Anyway, here is what I did to fix it: Settings...Storage... Click Cache It will prompt you about deleting the Cache, click OK. My wife's phone had over 3GB in the cache. Cleared it and the problem disappeared!