Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,024 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

belarm's Posts

I was replying to your post in that thread; I can't reply to threads via the forum (yay Verizon!), only by replying to the email notifications I get.
I can't use the reply feature in the forums (presumably for the same reason I can't access their online chat), but the points you raised there only partially apply: the tracking cookie is injec... See more...
I can't use the reply feature in the forums (presumably for the same reason I can't access their online chat), but the points you raised there only partially apply: the tracking cookie is injected into your HTTP requests after they leave the phone and begin traversing VZW's network. Encrypting your traffic or sending it via wi-fi will stop this, but nothing else will. You can see my results with two browsers here: http://pastebin.com/SthD1qMz You have the option of using https, but of course, not all websites support that. Proxies & VPNs will work, but can be expensive and slow, and come with their own problems. I recommend complaining to the FCC and FTC, since nothing else seems to be working. Maybe they'll care about our privacy if they get hit with a few more multi-million dollar lawsuits for privacy violations. I doubt it, but maybe...
Complaints filed with the FCC and FTC. We'll see what comes of it... On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 5:24 PM, mikkibarry.esq <forums@verizonwireless.com>
I verified the X-UIDH header was gone using my own machine (nc -n -l xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80 on a linux box, to be precise), and can verify that it's now back. I'm still opted out of CPNI, but there... See more...
I verified the X-UIDH header was gone using my own machine (nc -n -l xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80 on a linux box, to be precise), and can verify that it's now back. I'm still opted out of CPNI, but there's the tracking header again. I also can't seem to get the chat option to work via the website anymore - I presume I've been blocked for my numerous complaints & requests for them to stop endangering my privacy. Where/how did you file your FCC complaint? I've called them before, but I'm not sure I've sent them anything via the web or email. FTC contact info would be appreciated, too >:-| On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM, mikkibarry.esq <forums@verizonwireless.com>
Just spent another hour on the phone. Guess how much I accomplished.
3 weeks now of multiple phone calls, tweets, FB messages, G+ messages, chats, posts here - I'm planning on sending a fax (ugh) today. Still no response, no answers - just silence or a link to the... See more...
3 weeks now of multiple phone calls, tweets, FB messages, G+ messages, chats, posts here - I'm planning on sending a fax (ugh) today. Still no response, no answers - just silence or a link to the FAQ. I'm just a *bit* tired of this.
I look forward to the deafening silence from Verizon on this. It's been about 3 weeks and you're still just ignoring every customer who complains about this. Pathetic.
I've noticed you're no longer injecting the X-UIDH tracking header into my web connections. Did you disable this company-wide, are you going to turn it back on, and when are you going to start ho... See more...
I've noticed you're no longer injecting the X-UIDH tracking header into my web connections. Did you disable this company-wide, are you going to turn it back on, and when are you going to start honoring your customers' privacy choices?
They're no longer injecting the header into my traffic, but no one can tell me what's changed - so it might have just been disabled on my account, or VZW might have decided to start honoring opt-... See more...
They're no longer injecting the header into my traffic, but no one can tell me what's changed - so it might have just been disabled on my account, or VZW might have decided to start honoring opt-outs. You might check to see if they've done the same on your accounts.
Every HTTP request I send from my phone over your network has an X-UIDH header added to the request, even though I've opted out of the services that header is used for. What authorizes Verizon to... See more...
Every HTTP request I send from my phone over your network has an X-UIDH header added to the request, even though I've opted out of the services that header is used for. What authorizes Verizon to modify the message portion of a packet that I'm paying you to transmit to a third party? Is there something in the TOS I missed, or did you just think no one would ever notice?
Once again, VZW responds to questions about X-UIDH with evasion and assurances that it's "not a problem". It *is* a problem, and the EFF has handily outlined all of the issues involved here: h... See more...
Once again, VZW responds to questions about X-UIDH with evasion and assurances that it's "not a problem". It *is* a problem, and the EFF has handily outlined all of the issues involved here: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/verizon-x-uidh Try reading why we're upset before you condescendingly tell us not to worry, m'kay?