Just an FYI. I dropped my Storm 2, it landed face down and shattered the screen. No insurance. I went to the Verizon store and they said that they wouldn't repair it. I found the screen/digiti... Ver más...
Just an FYI. I dropped my Storm 2, it landed face down and shattered the screen. No insurance. I went to the Verizon store and they said that they wouldn't repair it. I found the screen/digitizer online and the replacement instructions on YouTube and replaced it myself. It turned out to be a very easy repair (with the correct tools from the part supplier). Now works as good as new. Don't be afraid to do the repair your self. It was about $70.00 plus freight.
Verizon store says they won't replace the shattered screen on my Storm 2. Anyone know who can do that?
Thanks Doc. That did fixed it.
I recently replaced my original Storm with a Storm 2. Suddenly some very old (more than a year) Facebook messages showed up in my Blackberry "Messages" file. But I cannot delete them. They show u... Ver más...
I recently replaced my original Storm with a Storm 2. Suddenly some very old (more than a year) Facebook messages showed up in my Blackberry "Messages" file. But I cannot delete them. They show up as greyed out and when I delete them it appears that they will be deleted but they are not. I open Facebook on my laptop and those messages are not there. Anyone have any ideas??
Something new every couple of months? If that were only true. I've been waiting too long for verizon and BB to do a true update of the Storm. I'm about done waiting and about done wioth Verizon. ... Ver más...
Something new every couple of months? If that were only true. I've been waiting too long for verizon and BB to do a true update of the Storm. I'm about done waiting and about done wioth Verizon.  
I bought the original Storm the day that they came out and I'm still using it today. My contract with Verizon has been up for a while now and I'd really like to upgrade to a newer technology. Dis... Ver más...
I bought the original Storm the day that they came out and I'm still using it today. My contract with Verizon has been up for a while now and I'd really like to upgrade to a newer technology. Discussions were that a new BB would be out about now which of course is not the case. Now I'm hearing that a new interim Storm is coming sometime early next year and a bigger upgrade (4G) later next year. I'm getting fed up waiting and am now ready to bite the bullet and switch to AT&T to get the new BB or go to Droid or the new Windows platform. Shame on Verizon and BB for being so slow to bring out new technologies that their customers demand and competitors respond to. I thought that they would be better than this.
I have to stay with Blackberry because that is the "company" standard. That's what we have to use. After a long period of frustration I've come to rather like the Storm. I like the large touch s... Ver más...
I have to stay with Blackberry because that is the "company" standard. That's what we have to use. After a long period of frustration I've come to rather like the Storm. I like the large touch screen although after all this time it is still a bit problematic "typing" in data. It looks like the Torch may be a few steps in the right direction. Also if Verizon is going to have good 4G coverage it would be good to start offering 4G phones now.    
Why is Verizon always the last out with new technologies. We are forced to choose between AT&T lesser customer service and coverage and Verizon old technology. Does no one want to get it right? ... Ver más...
Why is Verizon always the last out with new technologies. We are forced to choose between AT&T lesser customer service and coverage and Verizon old technology. Does no one want to get it right? How does AT&T keep getting the best products first? I'm having problems with my now 2 year old Blackberry Storm and am looking to replace it. I really don't want to go to AT&T but I probably will.