Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.7K Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

OSitCAMEwith's Posts

Has anyone had experienced this update on Verizon?  Just new to this BB10 so I thought I would ask for advice or inputs. This 7-day old Z10 I bought has version 10.2.1.2122 AND it would be nic... See more...
Has anyone had experienced this update on Verizon?  Just new to this BB10 so I thought I would ask for advice or inputs. This 7-day old Z10 I bought has version 10.2.1.2122 AND it would be nice to address the VERY hard-to-access youtube (through z10 broswer and the other 3 apps in BB store & EVEN through the Z10 as a  hotspot on other devices (Win8, iOS5 and 6) + WIFI Low speed (download especially) Also, the browser no longer locks in rotation on the landscape mode so maybe this'll fix that too.
since I cannot delete that last post  re: Google Maps, administrator of this forum: Can you? I was using Maps on my backup phone not the paused Note II so it was inappropriate for this GN2 forum.... See more...
since I cannot delete that last post  re: Google Maps, administrator of this forum: Can you? I was using Maps on my backup phone not the paused Note II so it was inappropriate for this GN2 forum. Thank you!
Thank you for that info on reverting Maps7. When I used the updated version of Maps for directions in the Midwest in a car last week the directions were all wrong just getting around from highway... See more...
Thank you for that info on reverting Maps7. When I used the updated version of Maps for directions in the Midwest in a car last week the directions were all wrong just getting around from highway to downtown in the State Capitol I was visiting!  I will try Verizon Navigator, but I think that costs monthly money but it is better than nothing!  Oh google+Samsung ... why are you messing up Samsung Galaxy Note II?
Hello. Have you received any help to make the nightmare of the forced 4.3 update effects on the Galaxy Note 2's battery? I called techsupport and they were aware enough to suggest I use KIES s... See more...
Hello. Have you received any help to make the nightmare of the forced 4.3 update effects on the Galaxy Note 2's battery? I called techsupport and they were aware enough to suggest I use KIES software from Samsung to have it recognize the phone and select CANCEL to stop the upgrade that I stopped in mid-stream when I saw it starting to happen. Unfortunately, in order to force the update on this particular model, they have removed the Galaxy Note II from the KIES list! (both versions of KIES -- 2.6 and 3.0 will not recognize this device any longer!) SO I am at the hands of xda developers to get around this since the phone has been in Airplane Mode for a few weeks and is still, thankfully, in 4.1.2 state. THIS experience is so strange as Samsung selected just this model and the Galaxy S III phones to get the force-fed upgrade. Both are experiencing problems (phone turning on and off + battery life halved) on T-Mobile too according to 2 friends that have the GN2 also.  SO strange that I have to buy an iPhone after all this because at least they let you choose if you want to install update(s) and , more importantly and unlike Samsung, they allow one to gp back to the older OS as needed.  In this case, Samsung says "sorry just wait for an update" and "do not try to go back to 4.1.2 or it will void warranty!". What a way to lose trust that this could happen with any Samsung Smartphone in the future!
Duplicate post - please see: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/815547 Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
And once it is downloaded and installed it can never, through any method, be reinstalled with 4.1.2 as shipped in it's original Galaxy Note II state. (removed) I already have Ye Olde Samsung Dro... See more...
And once it is downloaded and installed it can never, through any method, be reinstalled with 4.1.2 as shipped in it's original Galaxy Note II state. (removed) I already have Ye Olde Samsung Droid Charge running great with helpful apps. This and other Verizon phones have always allowed the option not to update. I have been looking and conversing with some at xda-developers to get this phone sold to someone that can benefit from it not having completed the dismal forced 4.3 download and forced subsequent installation that can never be reversed by any method IF allowed to complete. I am unexpectedly back to my 2011 phone that works great with only a few hours battery life (maybe the Samsung Galaxy Note II will be down to that in future updates?).  SO no more Samsung for me if they force-feed customers that way. As for Verizon, I shall see what I decide in a few months when I get a phone that is not going to be forced into a crappy update like this 4.3.  I would really like to keep this phone that I got for myself at the holidays as it is the best! But goes from best to worse with the forced hell upgrade to 4.3 that so many Verizon Wireless are being force-fed on this once-great model from Big Brother Samsung. Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Finally , as a poster says "just get a phone with no upgrade capabilities" is dumb. It is to get a phone where the updates do not diminish a phone, like Samsung has done for the Galaxy Note II. ... See more...
Finally , as a poster says "just get a phone with no upgrade capabilities" is dumb. It is to get a phone where the updates do not diminish a phone, like Samsung has done for the Galaxy Note II. And I wish now the new phone, whatever it may be now that I wasted money on a Galaxy Note II,  were not android at all. These Samsung swine devils have us over a barrel and without choice. Goodbye to the once good Samsung Galaxy Note II.  It now is sub-par withthe 2014 updates. Stay away! >Minor Edit< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><
I should have bought a new Motorola. Oh well, do you think I could still get even $190-$200 for a used Samsung Galaxy Note II?  I am amazed at the Murphy's Law with this Samsung hell upgrade! ... See more...
I should have bought a new Motorola. Oh well, do you think I could still get even $190-$200 for a used Samsung Galaxy Note II?  I am amazed at the Murphy's Law with this Samsung hell upgrade! I made the worst buying decision for the best Smartphone that is now being forced to become pathethic. I should have bought another Samsung Droid Charge at this point it is better. Samsung is terrible and they have destroyed the Noye II and probably, wastefully, just want more profit and have the sheeple drop their Note II for Note 3?  Dream away Korean profiteers!
Enlighten me
Thank you for the reply, Ann. That is so bizarre Samsung is shoving that 4.3 upgrade (i know, i know 4.3 was desired by so many) down the throats of these Samsung Galaxy Note II devices from V... See more...
Thank you for the reply, Ann. That is so bizarre Samsung is shoving that 4.3 upgrade (i know, i know 4.3 was desired by so many) down the throats of these Samsung Galaxy Note II devices from Verizon Wireless. I guess they want certain tethering and other features including battery like changed/lessened/deleted? I know the 'benefits of it'. I choose the operating system 4.1.2 it came with. My other phones have offered a choice to install or not to install. I guess I better talk to Verizon Wireless tech. team and hear their corroboration.  Samsung, if it is true you took away my Classic Galaxy Note II then your giant company stinks to high heaven. HA ! - T
I saw this progression bar yesterday of this update that is horrible so I disconnected from the internet and de-commissioned my new (December 2013) Galaxy Note II. Is Verizon Wireless forcing ... See more...
I saw this progression bar yesterday of this update that is horrible so I disconnected from the internet and de-commissioned my new (December 2013) Galaxy Note II. Is Verizon Wireless forcing this update?  Since I stopped the download midstream, MUST I root the phone or can I just factory reset it to the Original Operating System it came with (4.1.2 that is still running) and maybe just have it in settings where the actual installation of the upgrade to 4.3 hell is preventable? Am I at choice or is verizon's downgrade upgrade forced on me by Verizon Wireless? Thank you for any inputs while I hope the answer is not no sucka! Then I would sell the Galaxy Note II and I bet the price for the unit has been de-valued greatly with this Android 4.3 'purposeful accident'. -T, NYC