Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,934 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

colonel_locke's Posts

And, as I noted earlier, I am *not* replying by email.  I am coming to the Verizon Wireless site, logging in to the Verizon Wireless Site, and posting on the Verizon Wireless site. >>Comment... See more...
And, as I noted earlier, I am *not* replying by email.  I am coming to the Verizon Wireless site, logging in to the Verizon Wireless Site, and posting on the Verizon Wireless site. >>Comment removed to comply with the << Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
But if that were true, then why do the mods have to keep removing my personal info?  It's being added to my posts somehow...        
Aye, I was using the original Samsung cable, and then tried alternate cables (which gave me a message that said I should use genuine Samsung cables.) I was able to use it from May 13, when I b... See more...
Aye, I was using the original Samsung cable, and then tried alternate cables (which gave me a message that said I should use genuine Samsung cables.) I was able to use it from May 13, when I bought the phone, until about a week ago. I do not receive any error messages. Also, OT, not sure why the forums keep changing my screen name to my real name.  Just wanted to let you know, I *do* have a screen name.      
Good thing the Mod edited that.  Too bad it's a Verizon software *feature* that keeps adding my info. Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: ... See more...
Good thing the Mod edited that.  Too bad it's a Verizon software *feature* that keeps adding my info. Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
I'm having a similar issue... the phone will charge via the wall adapter or a high-power outlet on my USB hub (which doesn't provide any data connectivity to transfer files,) but doesn't charge v... See more...
I'm having a similar issue... the phone will charge via the wall adapter or a high-power outlet on my USB hub (which doesn't provide any data connectivity to transfer files,) but doesn't charge via the regular USB hub ports (which do provide data connectivity.) It's quite a conundrum, particularly when you add in the "charge to 100% then slowly discharge without updating the charge level" glitch. Message was edited by: Dennis ED:  I've started another thread on this, but hadn't had any response from Verizon.  Was hoping by hoping posting here I find some other folks with the same problem.    Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
That is my build number.  Sounds like the charging problem is *not* related to the software then.  I sure hope the battery fixes the problem.         
Ordered a new battery off of Amazon.  Hoping that solves the issue. Does the phone get power from different pins on the USB chord based on whether it's plugged into a USB chord or the wall? ... See more...
Ordered a new battery off of Amazon.  Hoping that solves the issue. Does the phone get power from different pins on the USB chord based on whether it's plugged into a USB chord or the wall? It seems to me that if it gets the power from the same pins, regardless of the power source, then the problem has to be with the phone itself, not the chords or supply.  But if it gets power from different pins, then maybe it's the USB plug on the phone. May stop by the Verizon store tomorrow, but not looking forward to it.
Yes.  Running 4.3 at this time.
Howdy.  Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been seeing a lot of issues concerning charging after the 4.3 update, however I don't believe that is my problem since I've only noticed a cha... See more...
Howdy.  Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been seeing a lot of issues concerning charging after the 4.3 update, however I don't believe that is my problem since I've only noticed a charging problem in the last couple of days, a week at the outside. My S4 will charger using a wall outlet or via a "charging dedicated" outlet on my USB hub (only provides juice, no data connection.) My S4 will *not* charge using a regular USB port. This started, roughly, within the last week or so. I've tried: - different USB ports - different USB cables I've also noticed the phone, randomly, will not show up as a device on the list of drives attached to the computer, where it used to show up as soon as I plugged the phone in. Thoughts? Regards.