Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,675 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

jsanders's Posts

I know that neither BlackBerry nor Verizon will comment on the availability of the Passport on Verizon... but please, please do bring this device to Verizon! I am waiting eagerly! Any dates a... See more...
I know that neither BlackBerry nor Verizon will comment on the availability of the Passport on Verizon... but please, please do bring this device to Verizon! I am waiting eagerly! Any dates anyone has heard?
This link is to an instructional to installing Snap for loading android apps: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-want-to-run-Android... See more...
This link is to an instructional to installing Snap for loading android apps: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-want-to-run-Android-Apps-on-Your/td-p/2784957/jump-to/first-unread-message Here are very clear & detailed instructions on using Sachesi to perform an OS upgrade: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sachesi-for-an-OTA-like-Update/td-p/2785507/jump-to/first-unread-message
I'm afraid that tech support individual was either misinformed or just making stuff up. BlackBerry released the 10.2.1.2102 upgrade about two weeks ago. It is totally in Verizon's control at this... See more...
I'm afraid that tech support individual was either misinformed or just making stuff up. BlackBerry released the 10.2.1.2102 upgrade about two weeks ago. It is totally in Verizon's control at this point.
What type of ringtones are they, file type? It may be as easy as simply emailing them from the old device to the new, or if the old device is out of service, copying them to an SD media card a... See more...
What type of ringtones are they, file type? It may be as easy as simply emailing them from the old device to the new, or if the old device is out of service, copying them to an SD media card and moving them that way, or copying to a PC and then to the new Bold.
Nevermind, I see this is in the Z10 section now... Try this, it has worked for myself and others: Settings > Accounts. Tap the email account in question and delete it. Reboot your Z10 (pow... See more...
Nevermind, I see this is in the Z10 section now... Try this, it has worked for myself and others: Settings > Accounts. Tap the email account in question and delete it. Reboot your Z10 (powered on, remove the battery and reinsert) or press and hold the top edge power button for about 20 ful seconds until the screen turns black and reboot begins. Return to your Settings > Accounts and reenter your email account information.
Another good source of very clear and detailed instructions on using Snap to install apk file is located here: You Upgraded to OS 10.2.1 and want to run Android
jilrenee , on what model BlackBerry is this, and what OS release are you operating on?
DaFoxGray, you can still enable forwarding for your BIS email account, for one fill year from the point you switch it. Details and instructions are posted here:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB... See more...
DaFoxGray, you can still enable forwarding for your BIS email account, for one fill year from the point you switch it. Details and instructions are posted here:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33260 I also recommend using a free outlook.com email account.
Great. You're welcome & Good luck.  
-PeterV_VZW, with all due respect, that linked chart of latest OS available from Verizon doesn't even mention the BlackBerry Z30 model. Likewise, we all know  that BlackBerry (the manufacturer... See more...
-PeterV_VZW, with all due respect, that linked chart of latest OS available from Verizon doesn't even mention the BlackBerry Z30 model. Likewise, we all know  that BlackBerry (the manufacturer) has distributed the Z30 OS 10.2.1 updates to Verizon. The problem is that Verizon has not released it to the Verizon customers yet. Your chart does list: BlackBerry Z10 last updated 01/28/2014 BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone last updated 08/21/2013 and we know the Q10 has been updated to 10.2.1 as well, just not yet released by Verizon at this point. Thanks for the assistance. @jsanders10 on Twitter.
ka2qit, it is not uncommon for the on-device battery meter to be off-sync with the actual battey charge. Understand, the on-device meter is software based and basically a calculation of the hist... See more...
ka2qit, it is not uncommon for the on-device battery meter to be off-sync with the actual battey charge. Understand, the on-device meter is software based and basically a calculation of the historical charges/use, the power currently in use, etc., and is calculated. Try this, with your Bold connected to a wall outlet charger, and powered on, remove the battery of the Bold a minute and replace to reboot. You may need to do this again a couple times the next couple of days. But doing so will normally reset the on-device software meter.
perhaps Verizon will opt for the new Z30 10.2.1.2141
Spanky, just wait until you upgrade to OS 10.2.1.xxx, many new features and enhancements. You'll love the Z30 even more.
DJ_Boxer wrote: Is it possible to install apps from the transflash card onto the phone without using the Desktop program? DJ Yes, there are a few ways to install apps on the Bla... See more...
DJ_Boxer wrote: Is it possible to install apps from the transflash card onto the phone without using the Desktop program? DJ Yes, there are a few ways to install apps on the BlackBerry10 devices... from BlackBerry World, by sideloading via a PC and using a sideloading program to install Android apps, and on the coming BB10 OS 10.2.1.xxx, you'll have the ability to install Adroind APK files direct from Google Play and other app stores.
Spanky, I've been using the Z30 about a month now, and it is the best smartphone BlackBerry has ever released. The screen is awesome, the QNX based OS is very customizable and the upcoming OSv10.... See more...
Spanky, I've been using the Z30 about a month now, and it is the best smartphone BlackBerry has ever released. The screen is awesome, the QNX based OS is very customizable and the upcoming OSv10.2.1.xxx release makes it even moreso top of the line. If you use it for media, or movies, the Natural Sound feature is just incredible. Let me know if you have specific feature questions.