Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,254 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

rforeman's Posts

3 months is way out of date when there have been a security patch released for android in July, August, and September. I am not asking about the next version of Android I asking about the 3 Lates... See more...
3 months is way out of date when there have been a security patch released for android in July, August, and September. I am not asking about the next version of Android I asking about the 3 Latest security patches. these should not be 3 behind.
When is the Note 4 going to get the most current security patch? I just checked mine and it shows the last update was June 1, 2016. That is way out of date.
Update finely came through last night.
Also I tried using the Software Upgrade Assistant and that told me I was up to date. This [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]
It is not showing up for me. I went into settings today and checked for updates and it tell me my Note 4 is up to date with 5.1.1.
Downloading now.
Thanks. I will do that. I thought I would post it here also to help others as it it is a work around till it gets corrected in the app.
rforeman wrote: I think I have pin pointed the problem. I went in and disabled the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software and I am no longer having the problem. Only tried a few... See more...
rforeman wrote: I think I have pin pointed the problem. I went in and disabled the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software and I am no longer having the problem. Only tried a few times but so far I have turned on and off the hot spot 3  times, and after turning off the hot spot and turning on the wifi I have been able to surf the web and everything with no problems yet. I am going to try a few more test over the next few days but I think the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software is the problem. It is powered by Mcafee which is the WORST software on the planet. If you give this a try please post your results. UPDATE: After testing the above for the last 4 or 5 days. The Verizon Support & Protection software is the problem. If I enable it my WiFi stops working after using the hotspot, With Verizon Support & Protection software disabled I can use the hotspot all day long, and when I get home I turn off the hotspot and it connects up to my WiFi and I have no connection issues. With Verizon Support & Protection software enabled the only way my WiFi works after using the hotspot is to reboot the phone. Hope this will helps.
I was having this same problem. After using the hot spot when away from home. When I get home and turn off the hot spot and turn on the wifi it connects to my router but if I try to go to google ... See more...
I was having this same problem. After using the hot spot when away from home. When I get home and turn off the hot spot and turn on the wifi it connects to my router but if I try to go to google play I get "Check your connection and try again". If I reboot the phone then it works fine till I use the hot spot again. I think I have pin pointed the problem. I went in and disabled the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software and I am no longer having the problem. Only tried a few times but so far I have turned on and off the hot spot 3  times, and after turning off the hot spot and turning on the wifi I have been able to surf the web and everything with no problems yet. I am going to try a few more test over the next few days but I think the CRAP Verizon Support & Protection software is the problem. It is powered by Mcafee which is the WORST software on the planet. If you give this a try please post your results.
Mine just did the update and it finished everything looks to be working good so far. Does anyone know what is in the update?