Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,622 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

cstrait001's Correct Answers

Yes. You pay up front, not billed.
Try doing a Host Registration.   From the Blackberry Home Screen, open the Options icon, then select Advanced Option, then select Host Routing Table, then press the Blackberry menu key and sele... See more...
Try doing a Host Registration.   From the Blackberry Home Screen, open the Options icon, then select Advanced Option, then select Host Routing Table, then press the Blackberry menu key and select Register Now.   If that doesn't work, you can always try pulling the battery
  runerik wrote: Does this mean I could by the HTC TouchPro 2 and put my BB Storm SIM card in it and the HTC will ring and work under my number?     The SIM card has nothing to do with... See more...
  runerik wrote: Does this mean I could by the HTC TouchPro 2 and put my BB Storm SIM card in it and the HTC will ring and work under my number?     The SIM card has nothing to do with keeping your number and activating the HTC TouchPro 2. As the poster mentioned above, VZW uses SIM cards to allow you to access foreign GSM networks. VZW doesn't store your mobile number or your personal contacts on the SIM card as GSM carriers like AT&T do.   So yes, you can activate the HTC phone and keep the same mobile number. Just keep the SIM card in the Storm in case you ever want to use it again or resell it.
dogtalk wrote: I'm a little confused.  I was interested in adding the 9.99 data plan to my multimedia phone since I already have vznavagator  and have already  used over 4 mg with that featur... See more...
dogtalk wrote: I'm a little confused.  I was interested in adding the 9.99 data plan to my multimedia phone since I already have vznavagator  and have already  used over 4 mg with that feature in a months time.  We have had the basic voice plan with family share minutes for just over six months. My question is if I add the data plan to my phone will my husband's phone then require a data plan?  He would never use it.  Also could I do this online or on my phone?  Thank you in advance. First thing is that data is included in the subscription price of VZ Navigator, whether you choose the monthly $9.99 or daily $2.99 subscription. The data transport up and down with VZ Nav does not bill you any megabyte charges. So, only add the data plan if you think you will use other features like Mobile Web, browsing/purchasing games, apps, ringtones, Mobile Email or watching V CAST Videos. No, if you add the data plan to your phone, your husband or any other line on your account won't be required to add a data plan. Yes, you can add the data plan on My Verizon online, you might even be able to add it with My Verizon on your handset. But if you have other megabyte usage already, call Customer Care to add it. Care can backdate the feature so it covers previous usage in the billing cycle.
You're fine. Get the V CAST Videos. Watch them until your eyes are red and blurry. This is a standard disclaimer for all VZW subscribers who may not have a data plan. Your Premium plan definitely... See more...
You're fine. Get the V CAST Videos. Watch them until your eyes are red and blurry. This is a standard disclaimer for all VZW subscribers who may not have a data plan. Your Premium plan definitely offers you this service at no extra charge. You also get unlimited messaging, Mobile Email, VZ Navigator and unlimited MB usage.
BB does not store contacts on the Micro SD card. You can use BB Desktop Manager software for your PC/Mac to switch BB devices and transfer personal data like your contacts.   Or, you can take b... See more...
BB does not store contacts on the Micro SD card. You can use BB Desktop Manager software for your PC/Mac to switch BB devices and transfer personal data like your contacts.   Or, you can take both phones to a store where they'll hook them up to a machine to transfer the data.
  mobius wrote: I compose voice message and select two verizon numbers to send it to oush send  it says message sent but when I ask if they rec message they say no.What am I doing wrong?? ... See more...
  mobius wrote: I compose voice message and select two verizon numbers to send it to oush send  it says message sent but when I ask if they rec message they say no.What am I doing wrong??     Does this happen all of the time or just with a couple of VZW numbers? Are the VZW numbers former Alltel customers by chance? I know that the Alltel VM integration with VZW's VM platform is still ongoing. It's possible that if the customers are on different VM platforms that there might be a problem.   It sounds like you're doing everything correctly, just as long as the numbers are VZW subscribers and you're entering their 10 digit numbers. It's possible that the product isn't provisioned correctly on the network and can be fixed by having VZW simply removing and readding the service. Contact technical support from a different phone, have yours with you, at 800-922-0204 or *611 from a different VZW mobile.
  Jaime wrote: For Christmas I purchased a Motorola Rival for my daughter. The phone is great, but she doesn't get caller id. Is this feature not available on her phone, or is there a way to... See more...
  Jaime wrote: For Christmas I purchased a Motorola Rival for my daughter. The phone is great, but she doesn't get caller id. Is this feature not available on her phone, or is there a way to set it up. I have even tried putting pictures on all of her contacts so she would know who was calling, but all she gets in unavailable. Is there anything I can do to fix this? She is still receiving calls for the old owner of the phone number and doesn't want to answer if she doesn't know who is calling! Thanks for your help!!!     Caller ID is an free feature included in VZW plans, unless you have a really old plan where you might have to pay for it. If your plan is Nationwide or America's Choice, you have it. The phone itself does not have any features for caller ID that you can turn on/off. VZW controls this on your account and network.   Does every incoming call to her phone show up as unavailable? Do any of the calls just show the phone number without a name? What happens when you try calling her from your phone and when she calls you?   For the name of the caller to display on the phone on incoming/outgoing calls, you must enter the entire 10 digit number in the contact list (area code + seven digit number) and save it with a name. Now, if the person calling has restricted his caller ID, you won't be able to see his number or name.   That said, there can be issues where the feature isn't provisioned (set up) on your account and the VZW network. The feature might be missing or there might be a block. Contact technical support from a different phone, have your daughter's phone with you, at 800-922-0204 or *611 from a different VZW mobile.   As for the nuisance phone calls your daughter is getting, you may want to consider asking VZW to change her number. They will waive the $15 phone number charge if you tell them it's for nuisance calls. However, there is no guarantee you'll get a new number (I can almost promise you that you won't) and this won't happen again -- but it's worth a try. You can block up to five numbers at a time for up to 90 days with Call & Message Blocking at My Verizon online (My Services > Verizon Safeguards > Spam Controls).
Only the person registered on My Verizon as the account owner sees voice and messaging usage history and billed records. Anyone else on the share account who uses My Verizon only sees the number ... See more...
Only the person registered on My Verizon as the account owner sees voice and messaging usage history and billed records. Anyone else on the share account who uses My Verizon only sees the number of minutes and message used and the date and time of the last call/message when signed in with their separte username and password.   There is no way to block the usage history from displaying for the Account Owner. However, unless you've shared your username and password with someone else, then this shouldn't be a problem.
Have you tried power cycling the phone off and back on, and then trying again to access mobile web?   I have received that error before, and it went away after power cycling the phone. If that ... See more...
Have you tried power cycling the phone off and back on, and then trying again to access mobile web?   I have received that error before, and it went away after power cycling the phone. If that doesn't fix it, then you will need to contact technical support from a different phone. 800-922-0204, press the option for technical support.
It's a good thing. 438749 is the short code for the Online Album or Pix Place. This would indicate picture/video messages being sent from his phone to Pix Place, the online repository for photos ... See more...
It's a good thing. 438749 is the short code for the Online Album or Pix Place. This would indicate picture/video messages being sent from his phone to Pix Place, the online repository for photos on verizonwireless.com
No, there is no M2M benefit unless you subscribe to the $10 or higher text feature, or have either a Select, Connect or Premium Plan, or an Email & Messaging Plan if you have a PDA or Blackberry.... See more...
No, there is no M2M benefit unless you subscribe to the $10 or higher text feature, or have either a Select, Connect or Premium Plan, or an Email & Messaging Plan if you have a PDA or Blackberry.   Sounds like you're on a pay per use plan where you pay by the message no matter to whom you send. The $5 250 message plan does not offer any M2M benefit either.
Try pulling the battery from the phone, reinserting and trying again. Double check to make sure the number you're sending to is valid and that you're entering the complete number with the area co... See more...
Try pulling the battery from the phone, reinserting and trying again. Double check to make sure the number you're sending to is valid and that you're entering the complete number with the area code (do not enter a "1" before the area code).   The error message you received sounds like a network issue. In order to send/receive text messages you need to have service available just like when you make a voice call. If you have service, then there's not much else you can do on your end.   You will probably need to contact customer care for troubleshooting. The care rep will probably check there's no block, reset the messaging features on your account, make a test text to your phone and have you try on your end to see if you can send. If not successful, then you wil be transferred to Tier 2 Technical Support for further troubleshooting. Call from a different phone than your mobile and have your phone with you.  From another VZW phone, it's *611 or 800-922-0204. Hope you will let us know how it's resolved.
Your line must be active to use Backup Assistant. Backup Assistant (BA). The next step is to download the application to your phone from the phone's Media Center/Get it Now menu, then run it once... See more...
Your line must be active to use Backup Assistant. Backup Assistant (BA). The next step is to download the application to your phone from the phone's Media Center/Get it Now menu, then run it once to perform your initial backup.   BA is connected to your mobile number. If you cancel your number and use a different phone number and phone on your dad's plan, your contacts on BA will not follow and you will loose your online contacts but they will still be on your phone.   However there is a way to export contacts from BA before you cancel your number to a comma separated value (.csv) file that you could import into smartphone like a Blackberry or Windows Mobile phone. There is no way to import .csv files into Backup Assistant. Check out www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant for more info.   In your case, an almost guaranteed solution would be to take your old phone and new phone to a Verizon Wireless store and ask them to do a phonebook transfer. It costs $10, which is waived if your father is enrolled in the VIP program.  
Your phone lines has the $30 Data Plan feature for Personal Email and Web. Yes, that data plan is unlimited data for internet and email for your line only since it's a feature only available for ... See more...
Your phone lines has the $30 Data Plan feature for Personal Email and Web. Yes, that data plan is unlimited data for internet and email for your line only since it's a feature only available for your smartphone. Since your line is a secondary $9.99 line on a Nationwide Premium plan, you also have unlimited text and picture messaging. As you said, you pay extra for Droid apps that aren't free and also if you subscribe/download any Premium SMS (text messaging).   Your brother's phone is the primary line on the Premium plan, so his phone must be what VZW calls an Enhanced device, not a smartphone, but has multimedia capabilities and full HTML browsers, e.g.., enV Touch, LG Dare, LG Voyager, enV3 and Samsung Rogue to name a few. The Premium and Connect plans were designed/market for users of these enhanced devices to give them unlimited data and messaging options, not smartphones, and to save money instead of having to add data features a la carte. It sounds like you are all set up on the right plan.