Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,560 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

MathewGagnon's Correct Answers

This is not a definitive solution, but a work around I figured out this evening regarding the conflict with bluetooth and the router. Mode N uses more bandwidth than G, simple work around is to s... See more...
This is not a definitive solution, but a work around I figured out this evening regarding the conflict with bluetooth and the router. Mode N uses more bandwidth than G, simple work around is to setup a "guest zone" within the router, set it to "wep" protection (where it can and will only use B & G and not N) and vuala, bluetooth and wifi can be used simultaneously. Connect the phone in guest zone rather than standard SSID and you'll connect using G (rather than default with phone using N) and still allow your normal network to operate in N. Just be sure NOT to enable routing between zones and this will work fine. It's been working for several hours now for me, getting about 10mbps on my phone over wifi and using bluetooth on phone call without confliction. The app "wifi analyzer" confirms the signals are not overlapping or interferring using this now. Optimally, it'd be nice if I could select mode G on phone rather than N versus having to do all this work, but it works though.