The kudos system replaces what used to be a ranking system with 1 - 5 stars.  We found that members respond better to positive feedback from other members using kudos, rather than negative feedba... See more...
The kudos system replaces what used to be a ranking system with 1 - 5 stars.  We found that members respond better to positive feedback from other members using kudos, rather than negative feedback under the old system.   Thanks for the suggestion, though.
The software doesn't currently have a feature to send to all in your friends' list.  However, you can still send to multiple recipients by separating usernames with a comma and manually typing th... See more...
The software doesn't currently have a feature to send to all in your friends' list.  However, you can still send to multiple recipients by separating usernames with a comma and manually typing them in.   I might submit that feature to the development team to see where it goes. . .
We have forwarded this complaint to the development team.  There is currently a case in the portal to remove the confirmation screen for marking all posts as read.  This will fix the issue across... See more...
We have forwarded this complaint to the development team.  There is currently a case in the portal to remove the confirmation screen for marking all posts as read.  This will fix the issue across the community -- not just at the board level.  Will give you an update when it gets pushed over. 
Hi nmchileman,   Whenever you upload an image, it notifies the moderators that there are images in the gallery that need to be approved. I just went in and took a look at them to approve them, ... See more...
Hi nmchileman,   Whenever you upload an image, it notifies the moderators that there are images in the gallery that need to be approved. I just went in and took a look at them to approve them, so post away. . .
You're both right.  We're in the process of moving and merging some boards.  Just be a little patient while we complete the task.  Everything should be back to normal shortly.   Sorry for any i... See more...
You're both right.  We're in the process of moving and merging some boards.  Just be a little patient while we complete the task.  Everything should be back to normal shortly.   Sorry for any inconvenience.
There isn't any way to cancel it once it's submitted.  Just send a PM to any of the moderators that you realized your mistake afterwards so we're not scratching our heads. 
We have submitted it as an issue and have gotten word back that it will take a core change in the software.  They are now working on this, but it will probably take a software upgrade to fix it.
I've been digging around in the user permissions and it looks like that permission is granted at the Copper Contributor level.  However, the setting is for posts and signatures only -- not for th... See more...
I've been digging around in the user permissions and it looks like that permission is granted at the Copper Contributor level.  However, the setting is for posts and signatures only -- not for the member profile, which would include the About Me section.
We had actually discussed separating out the devices by manufacturer at one point.  But everything was put on hold pending the forum software upgrade that finally got pushed over a couple of week... See more...
We had actually discussed separating out the devices by manufacturer at one point.  But everything was put on hold pending the forum software upgrade that finally got pushed over a couple of weeks ago.   I can bring this up again at the mod and admin meeting, but can't make any promises.  I know we won't be making subcategories for each and every model from a specific manufacturer, though.  Most manufacturers have a support portal in place already for phone specific issues.
The document attachment function is coming in the scheduled upgrade.   However, you can copy and paste from a Word document at this time using the Word Editor in the text message graphical edit... See more...
The document attachment function is coming in the scheduled upgrade.   However, you can copy and paste from a Word document at this time using the Word Editor in the text message graphical editor.  When the ranking structure post was made, we were "looking forward" to the upgrade-- which has been about 2 months coming and we'll see it very soon. 
This is something the mods and admins have discussed doing.  It has been "tabled" until after a scheduled software upgrade is pushed over.  We will readdress after that transpires.
The idea of a Lounge area has been discussed at length among the admins and moderators.  Due to some of the problems it can present from a moderation standpoint, we have tabled the idea at this t... See more...
The idea of a Lounge area has been discussed at length among the admins and moderators.  Due to some of the problems it can present from a moderation standpoint, we have tabled the idea at this time and will revisit it in the future.   As for ideas, we will be implementing an idea exchange soon to get customer ideas and feedback on Verizon products and services.   Thanks for your input.
Hello Carm,   Actually, #1 is just around the corner with the Idea Exchange.  We are working to get this implemented ASAP.  As for the other two suggestions, I'll pass them along to the forum a... See more...
Hello Carm,   Actually, #1 is just around the corner with the Idea Exchange.  We are working to get this implemented ASAP.  As for the other two suggestions, I'll pass them along to the forum administrators.   Thanks for the input!!
Hi dirkbonn,   You have 60 minutes in which to edit a post.  After that, you can contact any moderator/administrator and we can make the edit for you.   In order to edit, go to the post you w... See more...
Hi dirkbonn,   You have 60 minutes in which to edit a post.  After that, you can contact any moderator/administrator and we can make the edit for you.   In order to edit, go to the post you want to edit and click the 'Options' at the top right of the post.  Then select "Edit this message".  It will then open in the text editor for you to add/delete what you need to.   Hope this helps,  
Currently, the Wireless FAQ board is locked, or "read only" while we continue to populate it with some of the most frequently asked questions.  This means that you can't post in that board for th... See more...
Currently, the Wireless FAQ board is locked, or "read only" while we continue to populate it with some of the most frequently asked questions.  This means that you can't post in that board for the time being.  However, if your issue falls within one of the other categories, feel free to post your message there, instead.  
In order for us to get a better handle on how widespread the login issues are, please post your issues in this thread to keep all the issues in one place.  Gracias
You can activate those settings in the preferences tab of your profile.  It would be in the General Settings and in the Portal Style Home Page Settings.
dslr595148 wrote: I see other users using the "quote" feature. For example in the thread of http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=2920 You see "p... See more...
dslr595148 wrote: I see other users using the "quote" feature. For example in the thread of http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=2920 You see "prisaz" quoting what "rgrohman" said. Where is this quote feature, that I am missing? At times, you will find a post that you need to respond to, but there will be other posts made afterwards.  In order to address your response to a particular post, you will want to quote the post you're responding to.   1.  Click "reply" on the post you want to respond to.   2.  Just below and to the right of the subject line -- and above the message post window -- you will see the quote bubble.  It should look like this -->   3.  Tap the quote bubble to insert the text of the post you are responding to and the block of text will appear in the message post window.   4.  Type your response below the quoted block of text and then click preview if you'd like to proof the post before submitting, or click "Post" at the bottom of the message post window.
There is a way to return threads with no replies in the Advanced Search function.  See screenshot                                                           If th... See more...
There is a way to return threads with no replies in the Advanced Search function.  See screenshot                                                           If this isn't what you're referring to, please let me know. Message Edited by KaLin on 02-04-2009 10:56 AM