Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,206 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

gerio's Correct Answers

Can you explain the significance of this revelation to the mere mortals around here that just want a really cool Nexus phone on Verizon? (Oops, just saw the edit...) I think we've...ahem...t... See more...
Can you explain the significance of this revelation to the mere mortals around here that just want a really cool Nexus phone on Verizon? (Oops, just saw the edit...) I think we've...ahem...they've...they've had enough (rumored) bad news about the GNex for one day. Geri O
Yeah, that bites... A couple of things you can try, no promises. First, see if you can skip the activation step and get into the phone's settings. Press the menu button (bottom left button on t... See more...
Yeah, that bites... A couple of things you can try, no promises. First, see if you can skip the activation step and get into the phone's settings. Press the menu button (bottom left button on the screen), select settings, then wireless & networks, and scroll down to mobile networks. Select that and set the option to CDMA Only. That's what it took to activate my first and second Bionic. If you can't get past the activation process of the phone, then cop your best superior attitude with the unhelpful,rep and boldly suggest that they try to activate your SIM card in an HTC Thunderbolt first, then insert your card into your Bionic and see if it activates from there. Yeah, this is crazy, but I've seen it work in our non-4G LTE area. Let us know if you get your phone activated... Geri O
It's a great piece of hardware, but I don't know out of the three culprits here (Verizon, Moto, the Android devs) how the software could be so screwed up. The data connections loss, the activat... See more...
It's a great piece of hardware, but I don't know out of the three culprits here (Verizon, Moto, the Android devs) how the software could be so screwed up. The data connections loss, the activation issues, the app issue between the internal memory and SD card, the noisy headphone jack...and these are just the issues I've dealt with. And I don't see the Moto Razr competing well against the Galaxy Nexus. Even if it's right coming out of the gate. At least I have this new iPad to take my mind off of my Bionic troubles for a while. I will say one good thing about the Bionic...today, I bought the wifi-only version of the iPad and activated the Bionic's hotspot. And the hotspot worked perfectly all afternoon, at least when I was connected to it.... Geri O
Sure Go to settings, call settings, and scroll down to caller ID read-out. From there, you can select how your caller ID works. Geri O
Yes, a battery full alert can be turned on, just as the X and X2. Go to settings/sounds and scroll down to the notification area. Check the box by "Battery Full". Also, I use and really like th... See more...
Yes, a battery full alert can be turned on, just as the X and X2. Go to settings/sounds and scroll down to the notification area. Check the box by "Battery Full". Also, I use and really like the Circle Battery widget, available in the App Market. It's a battery gauge widget, not an app, so if you decide to try it, you'll long-press on a screen and scroll through the widgets. It doesn't open as an app does.
Yes. Go into the gmail settings and find the notifications settings. If I recall correctly, it takes a little bit of drilling down to get there, but you can set a mail notification there. Ge... See more...
Yes. Go into the gmail settings and find the notifications settings. If I recall correctly, it takes a little bit of drilling down to get there, but you can set a mail notification there. Geri O
Okay, point being, everyone but him gets your messages and he's getting everyone's messages but yours... Hmmm... I think this is going to be a network thing, not a phone thing. Both of you need... See more...
Okay, point being, everyone but him gets your messages and he's getting everyone's messages but yours... Hmmm... I think this is going to be a network thing, not a phone thing. Both of you need to call your respective carriers and report the problem to Customer Service. Geri O
I just looked through this on my Droid X2 and it's not as straightforward as it used to be (but what will, now that Steve Jobs as resigned as CEO of Apple?  WHO SAID THAT??? Yes, I know, he's rem... See more...
I just looked through this on my Droid X2 and it's not as straightforward as it used to be (but what will, now that Steve Jobs as resigned as CEO of Apple?  WHO SAID THAT??? Yes, I know, he's remaining as Chairman of the Board. Ooh, this was more like a topic skid!... ) Okay, back to business...   You can see if this applies to the Droid 3 as it should be similar because both are Gingerbread. I'm listing the procedure for the Droid X2.   Open Gmail, then hit the menu button (there should be one of those on the Droid 3, too, at the bottom left of the face of the phone. I don't know if it's a hard or soft button).   A set of options will open and select "more", if it's there (I hope it is, otherwise, this post just got really short). You should now be able to select "Settings". This choice should be at the top of the list. Now select your account (whatzename@gmail.com).   Here is where it gets weird. Pressing your account name should open a page full of options. Scroll all the way down to "Labels to Notify" and press it. A box will open with two choices, Select "Inbox". A box called "Notifications for Inbox" should open.   Whew! From here, you can turn off or on notifications, select a "ringtone", oddly enough and select "vibrate" options.   That's a mess. I really hope this helps and good luck,    Geri O
You can't this answer at  the store or Verizon Customer Service?   Geri O
You cannot. Geri O
Actually, re-reading that, you might try the now-hated battery pull, or at worst, a factory restore. Also, try a PRL update (dial *228, option 2) before you resort to a restore. If that doesn't, m... See more...
Actually, re-reading that, you might try the now-hated battery pull, or at worst, a factory restore. Also, try a PRL update (dial *228, option 2) before you resort to a restore. If that doesn't, might need to take it in for examination. Geri O
The chargers for both phones are indeed identical. Geri O
If you are using something other than the stock messaging app, try re-installing the app. Other than that, I don't know. Geri O
Long-press on the picture and a pop-window will appear with options on what to do with the picture.   Geri O
directmedia wrote: Droid is new to me. All my previous phones, there was always a way to choose a notification. Meaning, if you receive a call, Missed call, you can "set" the phone to audible... See more...
directmedia wrote: Droid is new to me. All my previous phones, there was always a way to choose a notification. Meaning, if you receive a call, Missed call, you can "set" the phone to audible let you know. Same for a new voicemail or new text message. The Droid X doesnt seem to have any other way to tell me of "missed" info. other than a blinking light at the top of the screen. Which means, you have to visually look at the phone for a green light blinking, v.s. Previous models I've owned their were ways to set audible tones, so I could hear the phone trying to tell me misssed info? Does anyone know of a way to "set" audible info.??? Please advise. thx ACW There are none.   Of all the things to skip over in a phone OS, I mean, really?? The missed call/text notifications?? Oh well, there are solutions available.   Search the App Market for an app called "Missed Calls". It will, as the name implies, allows the user to set notifications for missed calls and texts. There are other apps that do the same thing, look at the ratings and reviews.   There is a text messaging app called "Handcent", that in addition to totally blowing away the stock Android app in every way, has missed texts notifications included.    Both apps are free.   Good luck,  Geri O
You appear to be asking 2 questions... If you are using Gmail, open Gmail, press the left hard key, select "more", and open "settings". Scroll down to "select ringtone" and check "none". If ... See more...
You appear to be asking 2 questions... If you are using Gmail, open Gmail, press the left hard key, select "more", and open "settings". Scroll down to "select ringtone" and check "none". If you want to silence the notifications, you can put the phone on "silent", but that silences everything. There may be a way to build a profile with a ringer, but no notifications. I'm not aware of that, though. Geri O
It's SPB Shell 3D. Yeah, it's $15 bucks, but I tried it and I like it a lot. I was already familiar with the SPB stuff, so it wasn't an agonizing decision. I haven't noticed any lag with SPB itse... See more...
It's SPB Shell 3D. Yeah, it's $15 bucks, but I tried it and I like it a lot. I was already familiar with the SPB stuff, so it wasn't an agonizing decision. I haven't noticed any lag with SPB itself. Anything that lagged before still does. It does seem to decrease battery life a little, but not enough to affect my habits. Geri O
There is no need to believe that 505mb will be considered "bandwidth hogging". Wildman gave you the accurate answer in the 2nd post of this thread. You may continue to treat this experience as ... See more...
There is no need to believe that 505mb will be considered "bandwidth hogging". Wildman gave you the accurate answer in the 2nd post of this thread. You may continue to treat this experience as a conspiracy, if you wish. Obviously, you are disregarding the correct explanations offered in the various responses here. It is your time and effort to waste. Geri O
  frank_j_m wrote: Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but I asked Verizon tech support how to do this yesterday and they said it was impossible. I just bought a new Droid X. I had to ope... See more...
  frank_j_m wrote: Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but I asked Verizon tech support how to do this yesterday and they said it was impossible. I just bought a new Droid X. I had to open a gmail account to use it. However, when I open the gmail app on my Droid and try to compose a message, there doesn't appear to be a menu anywhere that I can click to pull up my gmail (nor my phone's) contact list.   How do i do this? What Verizon told me makes absolutely no sense - why would you have to set up a gmail account if you can only use it by manually adding addresses to the To: box?   Note - I already tried re-programming and setting the phone up again to no avail.   I haven't seen a way to do what you are asking, but then, I haven't looked since I do it one of the two following ways...   Open the contact and select their email address which will open the gmail compose window    - or -   In the "compose"  window, type the first couple or more letters of the name and a menu opens with the names matching your input to make a choice from.   Hope this helps,  Geri O
  DDH wrote: When I dial a contact cell number,   I get somekind of Ring noise  ...... then I will hear the contacts ringer to connect to them   Is there a way to get rid of that first ini... See more...
  DDH wrote: When I dial a contact cell number,   I get somekind of Ring noise  ...... then I will hear the contacts ringer to connect to them   Is there a way to get rid of that first initial ring?  Kind of irritating   Try going to "settings", "sounds", and scroll down unitl you see "Call Connect" and see if it is checked. If so, un-check it and see if it solves the problem.   Sign In   I have tried to find Remember Me so I remained Signed in on this site  and don't have to Sign in each time  How can I do that? Thanks   Don't know anything on that one, I'd prefer to sign in as I access the forum from my phone and 4 other computers.   Hope this helps,  Geri O