Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,108 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

antonindvorak's Correct Answers

Hmm rcschnoor wrote: antonindvorak wrote: I guess I'll just have to "the part of a plant that attaches it to the ground or to a support, typically underground, conveying water and no... See more...
Hmm rcschnoor wrote: antonindvorak wrote: I guess I'll just have to "the part of a plant that attaches it to the ground or to a support, typically underground, conveying water and nourishment to the rest of the plant via numerous branches and fibers." my device. This was the solution!  After uncrippling my device, it could make CDMA phone calls and send texts using any SMS texting app compatible with my OS.  Thanks to Samsung for including all of the necessary hardware.  Absolutely no thanks (plus a big rotten tomato) to verizon for making it quite difficult to access the hardware within the device.
You are mistaken. The Samsung N-8020 is a tablet more than three years old on which one can make regular voice calls.  It was designed by Samsung with this feature.  The Samsung SCH-i925 is the s... See more...
You are mistaken. The Samsung N-8020 is a tablet more than three years old on which one can make regular voice calls.  It was designed by Samsung with this feature.  The Samsung SCH-i925 is the same tablet but with verizon's firmware, etc. These are but two examples.  There are others.  Note than in the original post that I did not say that all tablets had the ability to make voice calls via CDMA, GSM, etc.  I said that "many" had this capability. I am not asking verizon to allow voice calls on a $10 per month tablet plan, but one need not get a $10 per month tablet plan if one already has a smartphone plan.  Just pop your smartphone SIM into your tablet.   Data will work fine, and if you have a tablet capable of voice calls over CDMA, voice calls are possible, too without the need to use VOIP unless you'd rather go that route. Please don't assume that all of us have verizon plans from among the current crop of lousy plans available.  I have a very old grandfathered alltel plan with unlimited data, unlimited texts, and 2000 minutes.   Data works as expected when I use my SIM with this device.  When I put my SIM in my friend's N-8020, voice calls work as I would expect them to. Using a tablet as a phone may not be something that you'd like to do, but there are many people here in the United States and many more in Europe and around the world who do.  There are manufacturers who design tablets with CDMA, GSM, etc. voice capabilities, so clearly there is a market for using tablets with phone capabilities.     I'm quite sure that companies the likes of Samsung have done their research.  When one looks at the hardware of a Samsung N-8020 or Samsung SCh-i925, one will see that they are just smartphones with big screens. Of course, one can use Message+ as ones text app, (I am very familiar with the app), but Message+ on a tablet handles texts differently than regular SMS texting.