B33 this can remove bookmarks and other configured users options, it is easier to open browser and go into panel view by pressing the top right button on browser and then press the close buttons ... See more...
B33 this can remove bookmarks and other configured users options, it is easier to open browser and go into panel view by pressing the top right button on browser and then press the close buttons on all the windows the user wants closed..      
To disable BA+ goto Settings / Application Manager / All / Backup Assistant Plus / Clear Data and restart, this should disable the sync option from device...  This wont delete any data stored on... See more...
To disable BA+ goto Settings / Application Manager / All / Backup Assistant Plus / Clear Data and restart, this should disable the sync option from device...  This wont delete any data stored on BA+ site but will remove data required to connect to sync server.
B33 is correct, the stock application can't be changed but you should be able to use K9 email app from the market that does have this option as a feature. Its free from Play Store, check it o... See more...
B33 is correct, the stock application can't be changed but you should be able to use K9 email app from the market that does have this option as a feature. Its free from Play Store, check it our.
Yes that option only works when the wifi is on..   If the hardware is disable it cant detect s network..  That is design.
Set your BlackBerry Bold smartphone with a custom email signature with these steps. BB OS 6+ 1. From the Home screen, select Setup. 2. Select Email Accounts. 3. Select Internet Mail Account... See more...
Set your BlackBerry Bold smartphone with a custom email signature with these steps. BB OS 6+ 1. From the Home screen, select Setup. 2. Select Email Accounts. 3. Select Internet Mail Account. 4. Login to your account if prompted. 5. Select the email address you would like add a signature to. 6. Select Menu > Edit. 7. Type your signature in the Signature field. 8. Select Menu > Save. BB OS 5 1. While on a message list, press Menu. 2. Click Options. 3. Click Email Settings. 4. Set the Use Auto Signature field to Yes. 5. Type in your custom signature. 6. Press the Menu key. 7. Click Save. Also some Blackberrys use this directory for this.. On the Home screen, click the Messages icon. Press the key > Options. For a work email account, click Email Preferences . If the Message Services field appears, change this field to the appropriate email account. If the Use Auto Signature check box is not selected, select it. Place your cursor in the field that appears.  For a personal email account, click Email Account Management . Click an email account. Press the key > Edit . Type a signature.  Press the key > Save. Your signature is added to your email after you send it.
I agree, it looks like they are revising regularly also to make it compatible with the new OS being released also so the number change doesnt seem that surprising.   At least thay are still updat... See more...
I agree, it looks like they are revising regularly also to make it compatible with the new OS being released also so the number change doesnt seem that surprising.   At least thay are still updating some developers just stopped releasing any updates for their software. I perfer more updates over no updates any day...
Yes just open message thread for user (Shows all messages for that user) and tap the rim of message window you want to send and select forward and the type email address in to field and send...
Update to one posted at https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/800567#800567 and then it should update from there..
Glad to hear you both finally got the update...  I am assuming the holdup was because the previous version showed the little connection hiccup and they backed off on pushing it after recieving in... See more...
Glad to hear you both finally got the update...  I am assuming the holdup was because the previous version showed the little connection hiccup and they backed off on pushing it after recieving information on the bug...  Looks like they got everything all ironed out now, love to see the complete list of previous installed apps (No more searching for free apps that was installed after reset)
TeresePamela wrote: Never put you - or anyone else on it - must be a Verizonwireless thing - I'm done with this forum, too many problems and no solutions You do know that trouble s... See more...
TeresePamela wrote: Never put you - or anyone else on it - must be a Verizonwireless thing - I'm done with this forum, too many problems and no solutions You do know that trouble shooting a device from accross the web when you are working only with the information from a user can be a trial and error situation, is seems that you want a instant solution and there is no such thing in a support situation because there is to many veriables that could be the issue. This is another reason that I see the new Tech software that will be installed on the device for remote troubleshooting will be a good ideal.. scanloch53 wrote: Please take me off your email list. Sent from my iPhone There is a option on the right of the page that says "Stop Tracking" if you click this it will stop the email notifications
Windows 8 is still in Beta just as you reported and this means that the OS is still unstable and and not guarenteed to function correctly..  Even the release notes reported a number of compatibli... See more...
Windows 8 is still in Beta just as you reported and this means that the OS is still unstable and and not guarenteed to function correctly..  Even the release notes reported a number of compatiblity issues so you should not expect anything when you are working with any Alpha or Beta builds. This is why in th past only Beta Testers recieved copies of builds, this using the public as beta testers has positive and negitive outcomes..
Glad you got it resolved....   Now as for the auto-connect option If I remember correctly, under the wifi settings option there is a sleep option, set it to never sleep should resolve that..
I am not sure what your post is referencing to but I guess that this is the area that you are talking about...  If you hover your pointer over the "My Verizon" option you should see the option or... See more...
I am not sure what your post is referencing to but I guess that this is the area that you are talking about...  If you hover your pointer over the "My Verizon" option you should see the option or you can click at https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/router.action while you are logged into your My Verizon accounts.
Removal Instruction  1 Press the release buttons on the back of the phone to release the battery cover. 2 Lift the battery cover off the phone. 3 Slide the micro SD card ... See more...
Removal Instruction  1 Press the release buttons on the back of the phone to release the battery cover. 2 Lift the battery cover off the phone. 3 Slide the micro SD card out of its slot so it is loose. 4 Turn the phone over in your hand or on a table to drop the card out. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Read more:  How to Remove the Micro SD Card in a BlackBerry Storm Cell Phone | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4775006_card-blackberry-storm-cell-phone.html#ixzz1q3Rthxno Read page #118-119 of owners manual from http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/11395/BlackBerry_Storm2_Series-User_Guide-T643442-643442-1005020330-001-5.0-US.pdf it covers transferring files to device... Transfer a file between your device and your computer in mass storage mode or MTP Depending on your BlackBerry® device model or your wireless service provider, mass storage mode or MTP might not be supported. Mass storage mode and MTP enable you to transfer files between a media card in your BlackBerry device and your computer, or your device memory and computer. 1. Connect your device to your computer. 2. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon. 3. Set the Mass Storage Mode Support field or Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) field to On. 4. Press the Menu key. 5. Click Save. 6. On your computer, your device might appear as a removable disk. Drag a file from a location on your computer to your device. To exit mass storage mode or MTP, disconnect your device from your computer. Change how you transfer files between your device and your computer Depending on your BlackBerry® device model or your wireless service provider, mass storage mode or MTP might not be supported. 1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon. 2. Click Memory. 3. Do one of the following actions: • To use mass storage mode to transfer files between your BlackBerry device and computer, set the Mass Storage Mode Support field to On. If necessary, change the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field. • To use MTP to transfer media files between your device and computer, set the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) field to On. If necessary, change the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field. • To receive a prompt to select either mass storage mode or MTP when you connect your device to your computer, set the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field to Prompt. 4. Press the Menu key. 5. Click Save. Save a media file
The link I gave you for the free one from Wondershare work and doesn't care if the phone is activated or not..  I love it allows app backup and contacts also and you can restore also if needed...... See more...
The link I gave you for the free one from Wondershare work and doesn't care if the phone is activated or not..  I love it allows app backup and contacts also and you can restore also if needed... http://www.wondershare.com/android-manager/guide.html
You can not delete the application like bareone reported but if you have setup the app and you want to disable it you can go to Settings / Applications / Manager Applications / All Tab / Sync Ser... See more...
You can not delete the application like bareone reported but if you have setup the app and you want to disable it you can go to Settings / Applications / Manager Applications / All Tab / Sync Services / Clear Data..
Save Files SMS 1. Go to Text Messages view, threader veiw that shows the pic preview when its not opened. 2. Press and hold on Pic 3. Select Save from the list\ 4. Now the pic should... See more...
Save Files SMS 1. Go to Text Messages view, threader veiw that shows the pic preview when its not opened. 2. Press and hold on Pic 3. Select Save from the list\ 4. Now the pic should be saved in SD/Messages or SD / Downloads folder EMAIL 1. Open Email 2. At top there should be the number and the words "View Attachments" - Click on View Attachments 3. Now you should have a list of attachments with a arrow next to it if not downloaded. 4. Click file you want to download and you should get a animation where the arrow was that is indicating its being downloaded. 5. Once the animation stops this means file has been downloaded to a temp file to be viewed. 6. Now Press and Hold on file text and a window should open with three options - VIEW - SAVE- and SHARE 7. Select Save from list 8. Once complete it will have a little message at bottom of page that says "File was downloaded to SD Card" 9. Now file will be saved in SD / Messages or SD / Downloads folder on SD Card. After saving files to SD Card mount the phone and copy files with instructions below. REMEMBER TO BROWSE TO SD / DOWNLOADS.. IMAGE IS FOR EXAMPLE..
Mount your BB phone as a storage card.. and then on the Storage Card directory under the Computer and copy the folder and past where you want files saved.. Image is showing moving photos but ... See more...
Mount your BB phone as a storage card.. and then on the Storage Card directory under the Computer and copy the folder and past where you want files saved.. Image is showing moving photos but the process is the same but you browse to where music is stored on card instead...
Actually there isn't any signal booster that supports Verizon's 3G signal, this includes Verizon's network extender so I would follow Johns suggestion to not step into a 4G device if you know tha... See more...
Actually there isn't any signal booster that supports Verizon's 3G signal, this includes Verizon's network extender so I would follow Johns suggestion to not step into a 4G device if you know that you do not receive it at your home...  Especially if your 3G MIFI is working fine for you.
Go into view contact, click the menu button, then link contacts, and select the duplicate name, this will link the contacts together into one. If that doesnt work then try this.. Steps:   - ... See more...
Go into view contact, click the menu button, then link contacts, and select the duplicate name, this will link the contacts together into one. If that doesnt work then try this.. Steps:   - Select your contact that you want to merge - Hit your Menu button - Select "Edit Contact" - Hit Menu Button - Select "Join" - Select the contact you want to join with