Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,845 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

nmchileman's Correct Answers

Normal wear and tear is fine.  Physical damage in the form of: cracks on the screen/housing, broken/missing pieces, and liquid/moisture damage is not covered by the manufacturer warranty.    Y... See more...
Normal wear and tear is fine.  Physical damage in the form of: cracks on the screen/housing, broken/missing pieces, and liquid/moisture damage is not covered by the manufacturer warranty.    You would need to have an insurance plan through Asurion to have your device covered. 
If it's before the end of your next bill cycle you can infact upgrade to a higher text package to cover that additional usage. Just call Customer Service and they'll help figure out what the best... See more...
If it's before the end of your next bill cycle you can infact upgrade to a higher text package to cover that additional usage. Just call Customer Service and they'll help figure out what the best option for you is.
Yes, anyone will be able to activate it. Just make sure you either disconnect the line it's on or activate a different phone in it's place.
You should be able to restore them using Blackberry Desktop Manager.   Once you have the BDM application open on your PC and your phone is connected you can click on the Application Loader icon... See more...
You should be able to restore them using Blackberry Desktop Manager.   Once you have the BDM application open on your PC and your phone is connected you can click on the Application Loader icon and it should give you a list of all current installed and available applications for install. Find the games in the list and check the boxes then click NEXT to start installing them.
Hardware/Software wise it's the same as the original Tour 9630.   The browser is noticeably better than the 8330. It does a better job of rendering non-mobile web pages. The camera will definit... See more...
Hardware/Software wise it's the same as the original Tour 9630.   The browser is noticeably better than the 8330. It does a better job of rendering non-mobile web pages. The camera will definitely be better: 3.2megapixel on the Bold and only a 2.0 on the 8330. So pictures will be somewhat clearer and crisper.   WiFi is good to have because if you're getting a strong WiFi signal it actually uses less battery power than 3G does. You will be able to connect to any WiFi network secured or unsecured. Plus, WiFi will give you slightly better speeds.   As for the new OS 6.0 this will be one of the only current devices that will support it. The Bold 9650 also has OpenGL support which is for 3D acceleration. These upgrades should come out in the second half of 2010. RIM hasn't officially announced any release dates, just a general time frame.   So as it is right now, the Bold 9650 is nothing terribly exciting or innovative in the least. But the fact that it will support future OS releases and better graphics is a good thing that means it won't be left in the dust when new devices come out later this year.
No, you can't increase the file limit beyond 1.2MB.   Download and learn to use Qik. It's a great way to share your videos of any length.
wmorones wrote: ok this is prolly a **bleep** question but my sister is due for a upgrade now would it be possible for her to get the nexus for me and i would pay her and then would she be ab... See more...
wmorones wrote: ok this is prolly a **bleep** question but my sister is due for a upgrade now would it be possible for her to get the nexus for me and i would pay her and then would she be able to drop the data plan an say she broke the phone or she sold it? I know its prolly a dumb ? but i thought i would ask   Yeah, if your sister wants to give you her upgrade that would be perfectly fine. She would just the order the phone on her number and then request to reactivate her old phone once she gets the new one. If it's all done in the same day she wouldn't pay for the data plan at all. No need to be sneaky about it and say the phone was damaged, VZW is okay with it. People do this type of thing all the time.
SamsungSmooth wrote: Hello Verison Wireless and Helpful Friends in the Know Being a New Wireless Subscriber let me see if I can compile all of my questions in one Blogg any help from any so... See more...
SamsungSmooth wrote: Hello Verison Wireless and Helpful Friends in the Know Being a New Wireless Subscriber let me see if I can compile all of my questions in one Blogg any help from any source would be appreciated,   First Off the phone I have selected is a Samsung Smooth Prepaid Plan with 0.99/day of use  Core Plan My Intended use of the phone is for occasional use and Emergency Response Capabilty incase I get trapped on Mount Hood.   Samsung Smooth Prepaid   Acronyms: what are the following Acronyms since they are no where listed in your reference Books and what are they used for briefly?:   Acronyms: 1) DTMF tones ? Dual Tone Multi-Frequency. These are the bloops and bleeps you hear when you press buttons in a call. 2) NAM ? Numeric Assignment Module. This connects the MIN (mobile identification number) to the physical ESN (electronic serial number) of the device. 3) TTY? Teletypewriter. This is a service used by the deaf and hard of hearing. 4) ERI? Enhanced Roam Indicator. Displays what network you're on; VZW if you're not roaming or "Extended" or "Roaming" if you're outside the normal coverage area. *Please note: The NAM should ALWAYS be set to NAM1     Numbers? 1) What is a Mobile Identification # ?,  What is it used for? and where on the phone or literature can it be found? The MIN is used for internal VZW purposes only, it identifies you internally on the VZW network. You cannot call this number and generally don't need it.   2) What is a Wireless # ?, What is it used for? and where on the phone or literature can it be found? The wireless number is your actual phone number. 1. and 2. can be found in the Settings & Tools menu usually under Phone Info.   3) What is an Account Security # ?, why is it needed ?,  and where on the phone or literature can it be found? Just a general term, but most likely it's the code you use to verify your account with whenever you call in to customer service. This could be the last 4 of your social or a different number if you've chosen to set one up.   4) What is a Lockingcode # ? why is it needed? and where on the phone or literature can it be found? The lockcode by default is the last four of your phone number. This is needed to get in certain security menu's in thep hone..etc. It's best not to change this.     Settings & Tools, Menus and Functions?   1) settings & settings -> sounds settings -> service alerts ->     1. ERI?  what is this? and what is it used for? Reference your previous question on this. It's best to leave this feature OFF if possible.     2. Minute Beep? what is this? and what is it used for?      3. Call Connect? what is this? and what is it used for?      4. Service Change ? what is this? and what is it used for? These are various sound settings that you don't need to change. They won't impact your call or change the function of the phone.   2.) settings & settings -> sounds settings -> Alert Sounds->Device Connect    6. Device Connect? what is this? and what is it used for? It will play a sound when your device is connected to a PC   3.) settings & settings -> phone settings -> system select->        Home Only? This selection limits the phone to only connect to "in-coverage area" towers. This is especially helpful if you live near a national boarder or travel near one and don't want to get international roaming charges.        Automatic - A ? what is this? what are its connections?        Automatic - B? what is this? what are its connections? Both of these settings allow you to roam off other towers when you're away from home. It's best to keep this on Automatic A.   4.) settings & settings -> Bluetooth Menu ->      Options -> 5.Auto Pairing? what is this? what is it used for? how do you use it?  This is used when pairing a Bluetooth headset. Once you've set up a BT headset this feature will allow you to usually reconnect the headset after being powered off. 5.)  settings & settings -> Bluetooth Menu ->     Options-> Supported Profile 5.) Serial Port ? what is this? what is it used for? how do you use it?  You won't need this. A serial port allows for a data connection to a computer or other terminal.   thankyou so much for any help on these questions   sincerely Samsung Smooth           I love questions.
On the Curve 8330 the mute button is the silver button on the very top of the phone.
$29.99 is the lowest Blackberry plan available. 
If you don't already have a Skype username then you need to register from a PC first. From a PC go to www.skype.com and regsiter, it'll have you download a desktop PC client as well.   You can ... See more...
If you don't already have a Skype username then you need to register from a PC first. From a PC go to www.skype.com and regsiter, it'll have you download a desktop PC client as well.   You can call ANY Skype user, no matter where they are, for FREE. No airtime or additional voice/data charge.
It's definitely not a subscription service like Rhapsody is. Any ringtones you download are on a per tone basis, usually they're $2.99 each.   However, since you have a smartphone it might be t... See more...
It's definitely not a subscription service like Rhapsody is. Any ringtones you download are on a per tone basis, usually they're $2.99 each.   However, since you have a smartphone it might be time you get smart! Learn to make your own ringtones from mp3 files and save yourself the cash!   Do a search in these forums for "free ringtones" and you'll find lots of posts on how to make your own tones and get them to your phone.
itgirl wrote:   I assume then that I will get free access in any of the Canadian hotspots with my plan....please confirm, thanks. Please read my previous post again.   In order to ga... See more...
itgirl wrote:   I assume then that I will get free access in any of the Canadian hotspots with my plan....please confirm, thanks. Please read my previous post again.   In order to gain access to these hotspots (since they will be secured and require authentication) you'll need to use VZ Access manager to connect to these hotspots. When connecting via VZ Access it will provide the authentication details for you. If you don't use VZ Access and instead try connecting using Windows the authentication will fail and you will not gain access.
You can use this WhitePages.com website to look up the phone number and it'll tell you what network the number is on. 
Unfortunately not, it will still require the data plan. Doesn't matter where you bought the phone from, if it's a 3G multimedia device and you activate it after 1/18/2010 it will require the data... See more...
Unfortunately not, it will still require the data plan. Doesn't matter where you bought the phone from, if it's a 3G multimedia device and you activate it after 1/18/2010 it will require the data plan.
shrop486 wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew about the amount of data usage the mobile email applicaton uses.  I have one of the hated $9.99 data plans for 25MB and so I can't use an unlimi... See more...
shrop486 wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew about the amount of data usage the mobile email applicaton uses.  I have one of the hated $9.99 data plans for 25MB and so I can't use an unlimited amount of data.  I realize that a definitive answer cannot be achieved because everyone uses their email differently.  I just get a few emails a day on my gmail account and think it would be nice to know when I get a new one.  I already use mobile "web mail" through the browser so I know I can get to it that way.   Does anyone know if the application is constantly syncing with the email service providers to provide instant updates when you get a new email or if it can be set up to only check every so often (i.e. hourly or something other than always being connected)?   Thanks The Mobile Email applications syncs with the Gmail server roughly every 30 minutes. So it's not an always on, constant connection, like Blackberry for example. The amount of data that is used for this polling of the email server is only a few kilobytes if there's no email present. So very, very minimal.   A good way to judge how much data you'll use with Mobile Email is to see how much data you use now by browsing directly through the web and subtracting a few megabytes. The Mobile Email app will use less megabytes than going through the web directly because it doesn't download any images, ads or additional links. It only downloads the email itself, and only text at that. So because Mobile Email only supports text on most models the actual megabyte usage is a lot less.   Text in an email, even if it's a paragraph or two, is only going to be a few hundred kilobytes.
3/31/2010. It may or may not get extended beyond the end of March.
At this point I don't think it's likely that they will release it at all. VZW is severely lagging behind in releasing updated OS builds for Blackberry. Tour 5.0 anyone?    If you're confidant a... See more...
At this point I don't think it's likely that they will release it at all. VZW is severely lagging behind in releasing updated OS builds for Blackberry. Tour 5.0 anyone?    If you're confidant and feeling adventurous you can download a version of the 5.0 OS from another carrier. Boost Mobile launched an 8330 with 5.0.0.438. That's the most recent official version I've seen.  Crackberry.com has some great step by step guides for installing/reinstalling/uninstalling/repairing the Blackberry OS.  I only tested .438 on an 8330 for about a week. It was stable enough for me; no random resets or crashes. The .438 build ran surprisingly well.     
On the International Roaming: Rates and Coverage page we can find your answer.   Look under International CDMA Roaming Text Messaging Rates. You'll see it says: While IN Canada you are charged... See more...
On the International Roaming: Rates and Coverage page we can find your answer.   Look under International CDMA Roaming Text Messaging Rates. You'll see it says: While IN Canada you are charged the domestic rate or per your plan. Meaning messages are deducted from your plan unless unlimited or .20/message if you're not paying for a text plan at all.    So if either one of you continues to roam in Canada, your best bet is using text, not voice. 
  pugzly wrote: Currently receiving discounts on our plan/phones etc. through one employer.  However, my spouse's employer offers greater discounts on the same plans/phones etc.     Here i... See more...
  pugzly wrote: Currently receiving discounts on our plan/phones etc. through one employer.  However, my spouse's employer offers greater discounts on the same plans/phones etc.     Here is the question:  Would switching the plan over affect the contract end date or any other aspect of the current contract (8 months into a 2 year contract) or would it just transition over and the end date stay the same w/o additional fees?.   In advance - thanks for the input.   ~Pugz   Do a search for AOL or Assumption of Liability and you'll find lots of posts on the topic you're talking about. For a quick answer; not really. At least, not for the worse. If you have 16 months left on your contract it may actually get reduced to 12 months. If you were on the shorter end and had less than 12 months, then the contract WOULD be extended out to one year.    So if it changes, it will change for the better, saving you 4 months on the contract.    Seriously though, do the tag search. You'll find lots of good info.