Yes, you can pay full retail for a device and keep your unlimited data.
As for the activation fee, who was it that told you it would be waived? Indirect store rep? Over the phone sales rep?  You'd likely want to get back in contact with the same channel/store you sta... Ver más...
As for the activation fee, who was it that told you it would be waived? Indirect store rep? Over the phone sales rep?  You'd likely want to get back in contact with the same channel/store you started service at.
It depends on which countries you'll be visiting.  I believe all cruise ships have the same rates however.  Use the interactive trip planner http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/tripplanner/trippla... Ver más...
It depends on which countries you'll be visiting.  I believe all cruise ships have the same rates however.  Use the interactive trip planner http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/tripplanner/tripplannercontroller to find the rates you should expect.
Go to settings->messages->send and receive as and make sure only your phone number is checked.  This should prevent you from receiving eachothers texts that are not being sent between the two of ... Ver más...
Go to settings->messages->send and receive as and make sure only your phone number is checked.  This should prevent you from receiving eachothers texts that are not being sent between the two of you.
You can't.  You can pay the monthly installments along with the bill or pay off the remaining balance of the device.  Those are your two options.
Try holding down the home and power buttons together for an alternate soft reset in order to get out of that screen.
LOL.  And you're welcome.
You dial *228 then hit send so it calls that number, it will reach an automated system which is where you then press 1 on the dialpad.  If I'm not mistaken it will show on the screen what's going... Ver más...
You dial *228 then hit send so it calls that number, it will reach an automated system which is where you then press 1 on the dialpad.  If I'm not mistaken it will show on the screen what's going on while it does it.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/realestate/index.jsp
extended warranty is through Verizon Wireless and not Asurion and covers the device for defects (no physical/liquid damage) after the standard 12 month manufacturer's warranty ends.  There is no ... Ver más...
extended warranty is through Verizon Wireless and not Asurion and covers the device for defects (no physical/liquid damage) after the standard 12 month manufacturer's warranty ends.  There is no deductible as it's not insurance, it provides a free refurbished replacement.
Call into your voicemail and go into the preferences and ensure voicemail notifications are turned on - something could've happenned to turn them off.
It will add a data plan to the account. However that data plan can be removed once she re-activates her basic phone and if it's done in the same day then you won't be charged for the data plan on... Ver más...
It will add a data plan to the account. However that data plan can be removed once she re-activates her basic phone and if it's done in the same day then you won't be charged for the data plan on the bill.