Hi MATPOT78, first off what Verizon wrote is completely incorrect. Wi-Fi data will not locate the iPhone via iCloud even if the iPhone is turned on. Cellular data must be turned on while the iP... See more...
  Hi MATPOT78, first off what Verizon wrote is completely incorrect. Wi-Fi data will not locate the iPhone via iCloud even if the iPhone is turned on. Cellular data must be turned on while the iPhone is on, that is the only way it will locate the iPhone.   You may still be able to get info from iCloud, and that would be finding a new number to the iPhone and a new contact list that was created. So sign into iCloud to see what changes are being made with the account with Apple's iCloud. If they changed the Sim card it may not be an issue of what iCloud is showing.
   Well it turns out stupid on my end! When at home I tend to go into Wi-Fi from Xfinity then forget to turn on Verizon cellular data back on again. So where iMessages requires Verizon cellular d... See more...
   Well it turns out stupid on my end! When at home I tend to go into Wi-Fi from Xfinity then forget to turn on Verizon cellular data back on again. So where iMessages requires Verizon cellular data for Apple server I'll get green bubbles because Verizon will then take over texting so it still gets thru, duh, lol. So I finally figured it out and all is well.
    nannapuddn, you could plug the iPhone into the computer if you have one and use iTunes. Once you've imported the file into the iTunes library you'll be able to transfer it.   Another way whi... See more...
    nannapuddn, you could plug the iPhone into the computer if you have one and use iTunes. Once you've imported the file into the iTunes library you'll be able to transfer it.   Another way which I've done is to email the voicemail to myself. Then save it to the computer. It will be in a Mpeg 4 - .m4a format which will play in QuickTime or Windows Media Player. From there you can import into iTunes or even burn to a CD.   In this link on the column on the left - Save your Voicemail as a note or voice memo. You can click on the square with the arrow icon and it will bring up how you can email the voicemail. How to save Voicemail messages on your iPhone - Apple Support
It's an indication that the screen rotation lock is turned on. If you swipe from the bottom of the screen upward, you'll notice the lock all the way to the right of the top row, by tapping you c... See more...
It's an indication that the screen rotation lock is turned on. If you swipe from the bottom of the screen upward, you'll notice the lock all the way to the right of the top row, by tapping you can turn it ON or OFF
    OK I was thinking that the battery indicator itself could have possibly been giving a incorrect reading at 30% to 50% where the battery was actually completely run down. And sometimes when th... See more...
    OK I was thinking that the battery indicator itself could have possibly been giving a incorrect reading at 30% to 50% where the battery was actually completely run down. And sometimes when that occurs the battery indicator can be corrected by draining the battery all the way down and doing a full recharge. But in this case the phone stays on after removing from the charger. So that seems to indicate that this maybe something more than an incorrect battery indicator reading.   The only two things I can think of is trying to drain the battery all the way down and fully recharging with some slim chance it might help or restoring the phone to factory settings with iTunes. Other than that perhaps a visit to an Apple store they have a good warranty.
   Hi tshudak, Go into Settings > General > Accessibility - and scroll down to where you'll see. Adjust the audio volume balance between left and right channels.   And center the slider between ... See more...
   Hi tshudak, Go into Settings > General > Accessibility - and scroll down to where you'll see. Adjust the audio volume balance between left and right channels.   And center the slider between the L & R to see if that might help resolve it.
    Another job for the ghost busters. KMGMachado, what App or two do you most frequently use?   Refer to this link from 2 months ago to see if any of it, particularly Facebook, is being used. Yo... See more...
    Another job for the ghost busters. KMGMachado, what App or two do you most frequently use?   Refer to this link from 2 months ago to see if any of it, particularly Facebook, is being used. If so there's a 2nd link in the thread regarding Facebook. Phone ghost typing & opening apps
    segilson, Verizon doesn't support MMS over Wi-Fi. You can send a MMS from iPhone to iPhone with iMessages because it goes thru Apple server. But not from a iPhone to Android with just Wi-Fi. ... See more...
    segilson, Verizon doesn't support MMS over Wi-Fi. You can send a MMS from iPhone to iPhone with iMessages because it goes thru Apple server. But not from a iPhone to Android with just Wi-Fi.   So you have to have Verizon cellular data turn on, you can have Wi-Fi tuned on at the same time, but it needs Verizon cellular data to send.   So apparently when it worked for you Verizon was turned on at the same time as Wi-Fi and you didn't realize it, or one of the smartphones is a Droid.
   Brad, there are three things involved here. Verizon signal, iPhone, and the laptop. I'd rule out a problem with Verizon their signal is getting there, the Android is picking it up. The iPhone ... See more...
   Brad, there are three things involved here. Verizon signal, iPhone, and the laptop. I'd rule out a problem with Verizon their signal is getting there, the Android is picking it up. The iPhone has been exchanged twice so the probability there is slim. If it were me I'd at least look into the laptop.   iTunes software is essential with the iPhone. On Jan.19, 2016 Apple released iOS 9.2.1 it was discovered that there were a few problems with it. So Apple re issued iOS 9.2.1 just this past week with some improvements. The only way you can install this new release is through iTunes with the iPhone plugged into the computer. Also it is well worth running the iPhone Diagnostics with iTunes. So it would be a good idea to install the latest version of iTunes from the Apple website, only.   Device Manager > Portable Devices - does the iPhone show up in there?   Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers - have you tried updating the driver for - USB Mass Storage Device.   In Computer Management > Services - have you looked into - Apple Mobile Device Service?   Firewall settings can be complicated have you tried disabling the Firewall? It could be kicking the connection out.
   Klmclain, is this pop 3 account working when accessed over the computer? What I would do is delete the account from the iPhone. Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then go back to your hom... See more...
   Klmclain, is this pop 3 account working when accessed over the computer? What I would do is delete the account from the iPhone. Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then go back to your home page and click on the Mail icon. You'll get a window that comes up - Welcome to Mail. Add your user name and password to re-establish the account.
   Falconfutura64, try to going into Settings > iTunes & App Store then click on your Apple ID: and Sign Out, then sign back in. If that doesn't help the App Store may be temporarily down, it was... See more...
   Falconfutura64, try to going into Settings > iTunes & App Store then click on your Apple ID: and Sign Out, then sign back in. If that doesn't help the App Store may be temporarily down, it was earlier today then came back, probably was down just to service their site is my guess.
   Reidygirl, this link might have some info on doing that. Set Data Limits - FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless
    Bluepokemon, that phone you have might not be able to transfer pictures & videos. Transfer Pictures or Videos - Basic Phones | Verizon Wireless
   Hi barbchar02, this link has a iPhone microphones test you might want to try, just to check and see if they're working OK, to eliminate a possible hardware microphone issue. Get help with t... See more...
   Hi barbchar02, this link has a iPhone microphones test you might want to try, just to check and see if they're working OK, to eliminate a possible hardware microphone issue. Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  Hi Cntryboy, there's been a lot of info floating around the internet claiming it's a bug in the recent Jan. 19th release of iOS 9.2.1 but I don't know if that's the case or not. Because I recal... See more...
  Hi Cntryboy, there's been a lot of info floating around the internet claiming it's a bug in the recent Jan. 19th release of iOS 9.2.1 but I don't know if that's the case or not. Because I recall seeing it come up back in early December. Safari on iOS and Mac crashing today for many users, bug related to Safari Suggestions, here’s how to fix | 9to5Mac   Anyway how I resolved it was to go into Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
  Hi Mustang.teacher, unless someone has an easier better solution? You can restore the iPhone back to the factory settings using iTunes. Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to fa... See more...
  Hi Mustang.teacher, unless someone has an easier better solution? You can restore the iPhone back to the factory settings using iTunes. Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support
  Yes but mine never stayed off, just would randomly restart. I had mentioned it would happen when the Maxx was moved around. I doubt it being cause by a conflicting app, because this Maxx only h... See more...
  Yes but mine never stayed off, just would randomly restart. I had mentioned it would happen when the Maxx was moved around. I doubt it being cause by a conflicting app, because this Maxx only had 2 apps installed that didn't come with the Maxx.   But I read something interesting online about this issue. It said that the Sim Card could have come loose. That's a possibility cause this Maxx took a beating, over time it was dropped a lot, and the screen was cracked on 3 separate occasions.   So I'm gonna send a link on how to remove the Sim Card, (quite easy to do) so you can check that it's seated well. Hope the link comes through. where is sim card in Droid Maxx - - Yahoo Search Results
  Hi Anthony, The Google Play Store has used an unusual amount of data, especially where I haven't downloaded anything from there, but it seems to have leveled off. I am much higher than normal o... See more...
  Hi Anthony, The Google Play Store has used an unusual amount of data, especially where I haven't downloaded anything from there, but it seems to have leveled off. I am much higher than normal on data usage. But now I'm thinking it may have been cause the smartphone is new, and I may have missed something along the way.   Anyway it has leveled off. I may go over my 2GB plan. If so and this smartphone does use more data for whatever reason, I found on My Version that I can change the plan from 2GB of data to 3GB for only $5 more dollars per month, how nice is that. Thanks for your response, and this Samsung Galaxy s6 edge plus is a great smartphone!
  A couple of things you might want to check. Is Mobile data turn on in the settings? If it is turned off you will be able to send sms text but not mms pictures, wether you're using wifi or the c... See more...
  A couple of things you might want to check. Is Mobile data turn on in the settings? If it is turned off you will be able to send sms text but not mms pictures, wether you're using wifi or the cellular network. So mobile data has to be enabled for mms pictures. Another thing to check is what size are the pictures? Verizon, according to their own website claims a 1.2 MB file size limit. This is based on a Droid Maxx with KitKat 4.4.4
Call and Message Blocking My Verizon | Verizon Wireless