Yes, the iPad can definitely be used on wifi.
Your phone is currently set for the sight disadvantaged. To turn off, open Settings>General>Accessibility>Speech>Typing feedback>Characters (turn this off).
Those on this forum are Verizon customers like you. Verizon employees often comment here and are the only ones who can help you further. They will be identified as an employee. No one else here h... Ver más...
Those on this forum are Verizon customers like you. Verizon employees often comment here and are the only ones who can help you further. They will be identified as an employee. No one else here has access to your service or plan just as you don't have access to mine. You will need to either check Verizon's website for available plans or call Verizon. They can explain what is available to you.
The employee discounts aren't allowed on the unlimited plan. Only military veterans will receive a discount.
Luckily my 7 Plus is working perfect but here is the fix for those with problems.........Apple releases iOS 10.0.3, fixing Verizon LTE issues on iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
I used the Turbo for five months and my wife has one for work so I'm familiar with it. The only suggestions I have is to try a simulated battery pull. While the phone is on, press and hold the po... Ver más...
I used the Turbo for five months and my wife has one for work so I'm familiar with it. The only suggestions I have is to try a simulated battery pull. While the phone is on, press and hold the power button. Don't touch the screen. Keep the button in until the phone turns off and comes back on, then release. Mine never overheated but my wife's has but she uses hers for her job all day and she has a lot on it. Also, try the phone before installing any apps. You may have one that is a problem which can eat the battery and heat up. I hope this helps.
Hi Gregg- My wife got a new Turbo last month and uses it a lot for work. Hers did the exact same thing once. I told her to try a "battery pull" and that took care of it. While the phone is on, pr... Ver más...
Hi Gregg- My wife got a new Turbo last month and uses it a lot for work. Hers did the exact same thing once. I told her to try a "battery pull" and that took care of it. While the phone is on, press the power button and hold it in. When "power off" comes on the screen, don't touch the screen. Keep the power button pushed in until it restarts. Good luck.