Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,755 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ponyruns's Correct Answers

I believe you just need to  tell them that you want to perform the set up at home on your own time and to keep the box unopened.
Oh this may mean that you actually have an iPhone 4, which does not support siri.  Check the back of your phone under the word iPhone look and the tiny print if your phone is an i phone 4s then y... See more...
Oh this may mean that you actually have an iPhone 4, which does not support siri.  Check the back of your phone under the word iPhone look and the tiny print if your phone is an i phone 4s then you should see Model A1387.  If it is an iPhone 4 then you should see Model A1349.  Also if it is an iPhone 4S it will have a sim tray on the side of the phone if it is an iPhone 4 then it will not have the sim tray.
Thank You oct_valentine This is a common question that is posted in the community and hopefully people with the problem will have success with this approach.  I did locate this link in support... See more...
Thank You oct_valentine This is a common question that is posted in the community and hopefully people with the problem will have success with this approach.  I did locate this link in support of your fix http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-keep-receiving-sms-from-iphone-users-after-making-the-switch-to-android/ or Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support
AnotherVerizonUser wrote: just to confirm: Edge is a ripoff/scam. Don't fall for it. This is not necessarily true.  If you enjoy the ability to upgrade on a more regular basis then ... See more...
AnotherVerizonUser wrote: just to confirm: Edge is a ripoff/scam. Don't fall for it. This is not necessarily true.  If you enjoy the ability to upgrade on a more regular basis then Edge may be worth it for some  people.  With the new line access discount Edge can actually save a person a little money if they use 10+ GB of Data.  Example 2 - YR Contract (10 GB Data Plan) iPhone 4S currently free + plus $30 upgrade fee [$40 (Smartphone Access) + 100 (Data Plan)] x 24 Months = $3360 + Taxes and Fees Total out-of-pocket in 2 years = $30 + $3360 = $3390 + Taxes and Fees Edge Plan - Agreement (10 GB Data Plan) iPhone 4S currently $449.99 (No Upgrade) + Sales Tax up front (8% for my area) = $36.00 [$20 (Smartphone Access) + $18.75 (Smartphone Payment) + 100 (Data Plan)] x 24 Months = $3330 + Taxes and Fees Total out-of-pocket in 2 years = $36 + $3330 = $3366 + Taxes and Fees Edge Agreement = $24 + Taxes and Fees less out-of-pocket when compared to 2yr contract Now if you do not require 10GB+ then you can do the math and out-of-pocket will be more on the Edge Plan, but you will be able to upgrade when you like (as long as 50% of retail is paid on your current phone). For some that is a perk worth paying for. 
Perhaps the hang up is in the Select the Set Up option then select Next. Set Up as New iPhone Restore from iCloud Backup Restore from iTunes Backup. I think you need to skip this opti... See more...
Perhaps the hang up is in the Select the Set Up option then select Next. Set Up as New iPhone Restore from iCloud Backup Restore from iTunes Backup. I think you need to skip this option at first then you can restore your new 4S from your last saved iphone 4 setting. see this link http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/49074/ if this does not help then I am all out of ideas