Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,901 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ChristinaB_VZW's Correct Answers

Hi Snickering,   Thanks to the community members who posted! I did want to provide you with some additional information.    Though it is true that The Thunderbolt is not a global phone and is... See more...
Hi Snickering,   Thanks to the community members who posted! I did want to provide you with some additional information.    Though it is true that The Thunderbolt is not a global phone and is not able to be used in Italy, you are able to contact our Global Support Team for other options. You are able to use the Global Rental program to obtain a device that can be used. Some of the benefits are:   Each handset comes with a complete rental pack: charger adapters battery pack holster Voicemail service available anywhere in the world Global coverage Customer support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week  More information can be found at:   http://www.vzwsatellite.com/   You can contact our global Support Team at 800-711-8300.   I hope this information is helpful, and have a great time in Italy!
Hi Jh1046,   I understand your frustration with saving pictures to your SD Card. I would like to provide you with some additional troubleshooting.    First, have an email sent to your phone t... See more...
Hi Jh1046,   I understand your frustration with saving pictures to your SD Card. I would like to provide you with some additional troubleshooting.    First, have an email sent to your phone that contains a picture.    When receiving the email, please follow these steps.    Open the email Press the icon to the right of the picture (it looks like a floppy disc) Your screen will then get a pop-up that says "Fetching Attachment" Once that is done, the picture is saved to your SD Card.     Please post back with your results, thanks!
Hi Biggrikk,   I really want to stress that Verizon Wireless does not sell used phones as new phones. Each phone that is sold for a new line activation or an upgrade for an existing line of ser... See more...
Hi Biggrikk,   I really want to stress that Verizon Wireless does not sell used phones as new phones. Each phone that is sold for a new line activation or an upgrade for an existing line of service is a new phone.    We do sell Certified Pre-Owned phones at a lower cost with a service agreement, but these phones are advertised as pre-owned phones and are not new. The phone is marked with "Certified Pre-Owned" before clicking on it on the website. You are able to view them by clicking on this link:   Phones   Your posting mentions that you were sent replacement phones. Your manufacturer's warranty provides an equipment replacement option for up to one year from the date of purchase. So, the warranty on your device was covered by Samsung. The warranty is the reason that you were getting replacement devices of the same model.    In addition, I assure you that certified like-new wireless devices pass over a 100-point quality check before they can be offered as replacements.   Quality checkpoints for Certified Pre-Owned and Certified Like-New Replacement devices are the following:   Visual Cosmetic Inspection  Functional Inspection  Computerized Radio Frequency Testing  Functional Repair and Reconditioning Cosmetic Repair and Reconditioning  Computerized Software Updates if available Final Quality Audit  I hope this information is helpful for you and answers some questions. Have a great day!    
Hi Lad12986,   I understand your frustration! I would like to ask if you could follow these steps for some additional troubleshooting.    1. Press Menu. 2 Open Settings. 3. Select Applicati... See more...
Hi Lad12986,   I understand your frustration! I would like to ask if you could follow these steps for some additional troubleshooting.    1. Press Menu. 2 Open Settings. 3. Select Applications. 4. Select Manage Applications. 5. Select Market (You may have to press Menu > Filter > All to see it) 6. Select Clear cache. 7. Back out of the screen and select Download Manager. 8. Select Clear data. 8. Also clear data for Google Apps, Google Talk, and Checkin Service (if applicable). Some users are reporting they had to clear data for the Browser app as well.   See if downloading from the Android Market works after following these steps, and post back with your results.    Thank you!
Hi Dutchb,   I understand your frustration with this error message. I would like to ask a few questions, and provide you with some troubleshooting steps.    Have you noticed that... [1] It... See more...
Hi Dutchb,   I understand your frustration with this error message. I would like to ask a few questions, and provide you with some troubleshooting steps.    Have you noticed that... [1] It is always the same set of applications that were affected [2] Those applications are the ones moved to the SD card in the phone handset [3] The problem occurred after the phone has been mounted as drive on a computer (i.e., via a USB connection) The problem may still occur on the phone- but you may be able to resurrect the lost applications by unmounting & remounting the SD card within Android. To unmount & remount the SD card, simply..... [1] Press the MENU button on your mobile handset [2] Select SETTINGS [3] Select SD & PHONE STORAGE [4] Select UNMOUNT SD CARD [5] Answer OK to the warning message about some application not working if the SD card is unmounted -  the UNMOUNT SD CARD option change will to MOUNT SD CARD once the operation is complete - it isn't instant, it takes about 10 seconds or so  [6] Select MOUNT SD CARD (confusingly this appears to run "instantly" as the option immediately changes back to UNMOUNT SD CARD). [7] Press the HOME button on your phone to return to your phone's normal home screen [8] The icons will still be "wrong" but if you wait a short time (another 10 seconds) they'll all suddenly return to their normal icon (and become operational) - I  assume this delay is due to the MOUNT operation actually completing.   Please try these steps and post back with your results.    Thanks very much!
Hi Graffix989,   Here is a link for Pantech downloads.    http://driversdownloadnow.com/Pantech-USB/drivers/   I would like to ask the reason you need to download the drivers? I would like ... See more...
Hi Graffix989,   Here is a link for Pantech downloads.    http://driversdownloadnow.com/Pantech-USB/drivers/   I would like to ask the reason you need to download the drivers? I would like to provide you with some additional steps for mass storage.    USB Mass Storage: Allows user to use device as a storage device. From the main screen, press Menu. Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK Scroll to Tools, press OK Scroll to USB Mass Storage, press OK I hope this information is helpful for you!
Hi Merrymaryinmi,    I have reviewed my references, as well as this device, and there is no known issues with missed calls on the Droid 2. I would like to clarify that if your signal is weak in... See more...
Hi Merrymaryinmi,    I have reviewed my references, as well as this device, and there is no known issues with missed calls on the Droid 2. I would like to clarify that if your signal is weak in a specific area, a call may not come in. Though the caller may hear ringing on their end, when a signal is weak, the network will attempt to get the call through to the device. If the device does not get the incoming call, it will go to Voice Mail. However, in these cases the device will not show a missed call. This is due to the fact that the call did not come in. Basically, the only way that you will know you missed that call is if the person leaves a Voice Mail message.    In addition, this call will not appear in your usage details, if checking online. This is due to the fact that customers are not billed for unanswered calls.    What we would need to do is figure out if your issue is equipment-related or network-related. I would first like to mention that it is a good idea to get into the habit of powering the phone off and on once every couple of days, and not to leave it powered on for days or weeks at a time.  There is no need to leave the phone powered down for any significant amount of time, a minute or 2 is perfectly fine.  The reason for this is that every time a wireless device powers on, it re-registers itself with the network.  There is a constant connection from the device to the network, and this registration can sometimes "time out".    Next, please check the coverage area in which you are located, at the following link:   http://www.vzw.com/coverage   I would like you to then test your device by calling it from another phone. If you are getting a weak signal and the calls are not coming in to the device, this could simply be the nature of the service due to your location. However, if you show a strong signal and the calls do not come in to the device, then you may be looking at an equipment issue.     I do want to stress that missing calls is not showing to be an issue with the Droid 2.   However, I would be more than willing to contact you for further troubleshooting if this is happening to you. Just send me a PM with your name and contact information.    I hope this information is helpful for you. Have a good day!
Hi ShannaR,    Please check and make sure that the pictures are on your memory card and not using memory from the device. You can do so by pulling up a picture, pressing "Options," then "Move."... See more...
Hi ShannaR,    Please check and make sure that the pictures are on your memory card and not using memory from the device. You can do so by pulling up a picture, pressing "Options," then "Move." If they are already saved on the card, the only option you will have is to move it to the phone memory. If this happens, do not move them to the phone memory.   If the pictures are not saved on the memory card, you will see the option to move them to the card. Once you have moved them to the card, please then try again to hook the phone up to the computer and transfer the pictures.    Additionally, here are the steps to follow to make sure that your phone is on the correct setting when connecting the phone to the PC with the USB cable.    From the main screen, press OK [Menu] Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK Scroll to Tools, press OK. Scroll to USB Mass Storage, press OK.   Please post back and let us know how this works for you.    Thanks!    
Hi Jk9999,   Has this issue been resolved? I apologize about the steps listed, I have some other steps for you.  1) Press text messages 2) Press Menu 3) Click Message Settings 4) Make sur... See more...
Hi Jk9999,   Has this issue been resolved? I apologize about the steps listed, I have some other steps for you.  1) Press text messages 2) Press Menu 3) Click Message Settings 4) Make sure Notifications is checked 5) Click Select Ringtone 6) From there, you are able to select your ringtone, and you can change it from the "Droid" sound   Please let us know if you need additional assistance. Thank you!
Hi Zombiebob92,   Besides checking the volume (thanks Bearone21), have you checked your recent calls list to see if the call appears on the list? If it does not appear in your recent calls list... See more...
Hi Zombiebob92,   Besides checking the volume (thanks Bearone21), have you checked your recent calls list to see if the call appears on the list? If it does not appear in your recent calls list, then your phone did not ring when the call came in. This does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong with the device. If your signal was weak when that person called you, they would still hear the line ringing on their end, since the system is attempting to send the call to your phone. However, if the signal is weak and the phone is unable to receive the call, the caller will then hear the call go to voice mail.    Since this happened, has it happened again? Do you notice a pattern with it, i.e., does it happen only when at home or only when at work, or are you using your phone in different locations than usual without checking the signal strength? These can play key factors when it comes to not receiving incoming calls.    Please let us know how it is going for you, and if you notice any patterns with it.    Thank you!
HI Ccth,   And thanks to Wildman for your suggestion to download an application. Ccth, did you download this app and did it resolve your issue?   I checked my resources and I am not showing t... See more...
HI Ccth,   And thanks to Wildman for your suggestion to download an application. Ccth, did you download this app and did it resolve your issue?   I checked my resources and I am not showing that what you describe is an issue with the Fascinate. Rest assured, I do not doubt you. I do want to ask if you use a holster or a pouch with your Fascinate. I ask you this because the FAscinate can be put in silent mode with the volume keys on the side of the device. So, if you use a holster, when putting the phone back into the holster, this key can be pressed and the phone gets put in silent mode. Below is an example of how this can occur.    Looking at your phone, start increasing the volume until it is maxed out. Next, start clicking to decrease the volume. Right before the lowest level is reached, the icon will appear indicating the phone is muted or in Silent mode. Click down one more time and you will then automatically go into Vibrate mode. Now going back in the opposite direction, one click up puts you right back into Silent mode while still another click up starts increasing the volume for Normal mode.    If this was the case with your device, downloading the application that Wildman suggested should resolve the issue, since the app will not allow the volume to be changed without your acknowledgement.   Please let us know how this has worked out for you.    Thank you!  
Hi Angelbowler, You most likely did not get the magazine since your device was purchased before the magazine came out. It is no longer being sent out, as it was for summer 2011. Please use the... See more...
Hi Angelbowler, You most likely did not get the magazine since your device was purchased before the magazine came out. It is no longer being sent out, as it was for summer 2011. Please use the link provided in this thread to be able to view information on the magazine.    Thank you!
Hi Petersennc,   I have checked my references and I am not showing that this is a known issue with the xv6900. This could be due to the age of the phone, or the amount of use.   I would sugge... See more...
Hi Petersennc,   I have checked my references and I am not showing that this is a known issue with the xv6900. This could be due to the age of the phone, or the amount of use.   I would suggest trying a soft reset of the device.    -Remove the battery while the phone is powered on -Wait 60 seconds -Re-attach battery and power on -Monitor the device   How long have you had the device? You may be eligible for a new piece of equipment at a discounted price. to find out, you can check by dialing #UPG and SEND from your device, or log into your online account at http://www.vzw.com .   Thank you!
Hi Simonspooner,   Since posting, are you now getting a 3G or 4G signal? Please let us know if you are back up and running, thanks!    
Hi Hayde,   Since posting, are you now getting a 3G or 4G signal? Please let us know if you are back up and running, thanks!
Hi Nixx,   I have included the link again. It seems that the "." at the end of the other link made it unviewable. Please try this:   http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-LC11ZKAVZW... See more...
Hi Nixx,   I have included the link again. It seems that the "." at the end of the other link made it unviewable. Please try this:   http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-LC11ZKAVZW   Thank you!
Hi Kintwommom,    I understand your concern! Since posting, has your issue been resolved?    If you have not been able to add the device to your line, the error you are receiving may be assoc... See more...
Hi Kintwommom,    I understand your concern! Since posting, has your issue been resolved?    If you have not been able to add the device to your line, the error you are receiving may be associated with the device, since there may be a restriction on it. Feel free to PM me with the ESN (Electronic Serial Number) and I can check on this for you. The ESN can be located on the back of the phone, once the battery has been removed. It will appear as DEC, HEX, or MEID.   Thank you!
Hi Dwt966,   The KIN OneM cannot download Flash, or any other plugins, apps, etc. It also cannot open certain sites that require 'pop-ups', so this may be the reason the device can play some vi... See more...
Hi Dwt966,   The KIN OneM cannot download Flash, or any other plugins, apps, etc. It also cannot open certain sites that require 'pop-ups', so this may be the reason the device can play some videos and not others. As far as certain sites working and others not, that is fully dependent on the site, not the phone, for the reasons above.   I would recommend visiting the mobile site for Youtube, m.youtube.com , to see if  you can play the videos in succession from there.    Please post back with your results.    Thank you,                 
Hi Edalsie!   I am glad to learn that your GPS is up and running! Are you having any additional issues? Please let us know if you are.    With regard to the keyboard on your daughter's phone,... See more...
Hi Edalsie!   I am glad to learn that your GPS is up and running! Are you having any additional issues? Please let us know if you are.    With regard to the keyboard on your daughter's phone, I have two suggestions for you.    1. Clear the cache/data on the keyboard. The steps are below.   Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage applications>ALL (at top of display)>Multi-Touch Keyboard>press both Clear Cache and Clear Data   2. She can download a free keyboard application from the Android Market to see if it resolves her issues. Simply go to the Market and use "keyboard" as a keyword.   Please post back with your results.    Thanks very much!
Hi Coryten,    Please be assured that Motorola is aware of the issue of the blue tint in pictures, and is working on a fix. I have provided the link for a workaround from Motorola below.    h... See more...
Hi Coryten,    Please be assured that Motorola is aware of the issue of the blue tint in pictures, and is working on a fix. I have provided the link for a workaround from Motorola below.    https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/426996#426996   Once there are any updates, we will let you know. Additionally, you may get an update pushed to your device. There is no date set for this yet, since we do not want to just speculate with you.     With regard to the phone freezing up, is this happening when using the front-facing camera, the back camera, or both? Are you receiving a "Force Close" error?   Please provide some specifics, so we can obtain some additional information in order to assist you further.    Thank you!