Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,302 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

AZSALUKI's Correct Answers

the server settings are different based on your location. for example, our outgoing is pop.west.cox.net.......but that is because we are in the western states. if you are using bear21's exact set... See more...
the server settings are different based on your location. for example, our outgoing is pop.west.cox.net.......but that is because we are in the western states. if you are using bear21's exact settings, and are in a different part of the country, they will not work.   my settings:   incoming: protocol= POP email address=your exact email address username=your username (NOT your email address again. mine is simply my email address without the "@cox.net" password=password POP Server=pop.west.cox.net (this is where yours is based on where you live) security type=none server port=110   outgoing: ("login required" is checked) username=username (again....this may not be and is likely not your email address) password smtp server=smtp.west.cox.net (again, this is location specific) security type=SSL server port=465  
not for the OS. the citrus never got 2.2 (froyo) so i doubt it ever will. for apps, if you open the market and go to "my apps" it will list which ones have available updates.
i'm not positive what the steps are on the citrus.....but in your settings menu, under "accounts and sync" (or something to that affect), you should be able to add facebook and sync it to your ph... See more...
i'm not positive what the steps are on the citrus.....but in your settings menu, under "accounts and sync" (or something to that affect), you should be able to add facebook and sync it to your phone. a warning though.....this will add all of your fb friends to your contacts as well (any that have listed phone numbers). otherwise, you can just add their birthdays manually to your calendar and set reminders for them. i don't think a birthday app would do anything more than just using your calendar. you would still have to add them and then i suspect it would just give you a reminder or something (like any calendar).
it depends. if you have a strong wifi signal then no. if not, then yes. it also depends on the 3g/4g signal you get. if you are in a poor signal area and the device is struggling to keep a 3g sig... See more...
it depends. if you have a strong wifi signal then no. if not, then yes. it also depends on the 3g/4g signal you get. if you are in a poor signal area and the device is struggling to keep a 3g signal and you have a good wifi signal, then wifi will use less battery. if you have a great 3g signal and poor wifi signal then wifi will burn more battery. also, you need to turn off wifi when you leave an area where you're using a wifi network, or it will constantly try to connect to a wifi network that you are no longer in, killing the battery. it all boils down to what the phone is looking for nd how easily accessible that signal is. always go with the stronger signal (except 4g/LTE.....that will always burn battery quickly). when i'm at home or my office, i connect to wifi. when i leave, i turn off wifi.
i'm going to flat out say no. if you game online with an xbox then i suspect you use a HIGH amount of data. you will likely blow through data and end up with overage fees......unless you get one ... See more...
i'm going to flat out say no. if you game online with an xbox then i suspect you use a HIGH amount of data. you will likely blow through data and end up with overage fees......unless you get one of their more expensive data plans, which will defeat the purpuse. i'm just guessing, but you will need the data plan for the phone as well as the hotspot plan and for both you will need a significant amount.   also, as mentioned above, IF you have LTE then you will be satisfied with speeds, but if not, then 3g isn't going to a viable replacement for your home internet (unless you have slow speeds now, which i doubt, if you're a gamer).   besides all of this, if you use it often, then go ahead and buy extra extended batteries because you will burn through those too.   it can be done for light data users, but i'm just guessing you use a lot of data.
i would call verizon and find out which phones they currently sell that are certified preowned. they are much cheaper (my wife lets me use her upgrades so i buy her certified preowned phones to s... See more...
i would call verizon and find out which phones they currently sell that are certified preowned. they are much cheaper (my wife lets me use her upgrades so i buy her certified preowned phones to save a few $). or ebay. if you're looking at brand new, full retail, then you will be looking at $500+ for any of the nicer androids. for the record, my tbolt has great receprtion and call quality....but so did my incredible so it may just be that i'm in a better service area than you? i believe that overall, motorolas get better reviews for signal strength and call quality. if you are concerned about having LTE then the X2 is pretty nice.
the only ones i have seen will simply monitor the power. some will notify you or alarm you if it gets hot or the battery is low, etc,etc.....but i don't know of any that will actually change sett... See more...
the only ones i have seen will simply monitor the power. some will notify you or alarm you if it gets hot or the battery is low, etc,etc.....but i don't know of any that will actually change settings. i use timerriffic to help manage mine. it alllows you to set times to do things (mine automatically goes in to airplane mode from midnight to 6 am). you can also set areas to trigger wifi (like establish your "home" or "office" and when you get close enough to the router, it will automatically turn on wifi, which helps). 
well there's about a dozen keyboard apps you could choose from to install a different keyboard. the stock android keyboard is the same for all androids (unless the manufacturer has laid a skin ov... See more...
well there's about a dozen keyboard apps you could choose from to install a different keyboard. the stock android keyboard is the same for all androids (unless the manufacturer has laid a skin over the OS....like htc sense or something). i use smart keyboard pro. it costs a few buck, but there are plenty of others that are free. with mine i can make the keyboard be any one of iphone, galaxy, android, gingerbread, htc, 3dkey, etc, etc. you can also download other skins to use with it if you don't like what comes with it. (fyi, it has the "?" on the m so you can do exactly what you mentioned)
i wouldn't try to fix this via emails.....or even over the phone. if you have already tried pulling the battery and putting it back in, then i would take it to a verizon store.
all the efficienacy mode does is disable things like wifi, gps, etc and lower the brightness. i know this isn't exactly what you want, but you can put widgets on your screen for all of those item... See more...
all the efficienacy mode does is disable things like wifi, gps, etc and lower the brightness. i know this isn't exactly what you want, but you can put widgets on your screen for all of those items. one touch to disable/enable wifi.....one touch to disable/enable gps....one touch to lower screen brightness. or, with elixir, you can create a custom bar with up to 7 widgets/apps on one row of your home screen. i use it and put all of my widgets that i use for that stuff on one row.
africanhut wrote: Hi all, waiting for my 4S to arrive, hopefully by Friday so they say, but I am thinking of getting the WatchESPN app and my question is this:   Are there any charges from ... See more...
africanhut wrote: Hi all, waiting for my 4S to arrive, hopefully by Friday so they say, but I am thinking of getting the WatchESPN app and my question is this:   Are there any charges from vzw for using this app beside data consumption. I plan on only use it when connected to wifi but don't want to pay any other charges for it. I know that NFL Moblie app is free but to watch any games on it, it cost you $10 a month. Apprecate any help and you all have a great day. Mike if you only use it on wifi then there are no additional fees. HOWEVER, read the finae print as it is only available if you have one of three particular cable providers (brighthouse, time warner cable, or verizon broadband or FIOS). VERY few people can actually use the app because of this. it's lame. since i have cox cable, i can't access it. comcast is a no go as well. REALLY weak on the part of espn.
sync EVERYTHING you can to your itunes account and then you just sync it from itunes to your new iphone4s. 
i had the issue for a previous update and i had to use "LTE OnOff" and force it to 1X (turn off 4g and 3g) and t found it on 1X??? don't ask me why, but it worked for many of us. but then took 2 ... See more...
i had the issue for a previous update and i had to use "LTE OnOff" and force it to 1X (turn off 4g and 3g) and t found it on 1X??? don't ask me why, but it worked for many of us. but then took 2 hours to download....lol
have you done a factory reset? i would try it as it just sounds like WAY too many issues to troubleshoot, one by one. it will reset the device to like the day you bought it......so you will lose ... See more...
have you done a factory reset? i would try it as it just sounds like WAY too many issues to troubleshoot, one by one. it will reset the device to like the day you bought it......so you will lose everything. data files (music, pics, videos, etc) that are stored on the sd card will still be there, but you will have to install all of your apps and set up your email again. it is a good way to "clean up" your device.
i used to have the incredible and got that warning from time to time. in my opinion, it's a bit premature, and i'm not sure why the device warns you when you clearly have plenty of space. try cle... See more...
i used to have the incredible and got that warning from time to time. in my opinion, it's a bit premature, and i'm not sure why the device warns you when you clearly have plenty of space. try clearing out old text message threads and try clearing the cache in some of the apps (facebook, internet, etc, etc). this should get rid of the message. also make sure that she powers it down completely from time to time. there's an app i used to use called "history eraser." you could clear all of the caches at once. you just have to make sure it works with her inc because i noticed that on my tbolt i would select "clear caches"....but when i went back into the apps, they had not cleared.
when the original poster (in this thread, that is you) marks it as solved. for example, i have now answered your question so feel free to mark my post as a solution. nobody else can mark this thr... See more...
when the original poster (in this thread, that is you) marks it as solved. for example, i have now answered your question so feel free to mark my post as a solution. nobody else can mark this thread as solved except for you. 
ajnevares1 wrote: The apps are mostly games, and i did confirm all GPS are checked. I have messed with it some more and it looks like once the battery gets to about 20% or lower, the Google N... See more...
ajnevares1 wrote: The apps are mostly games, and i did confirm all GPS are checked. I have messed with it some more and it looks like once the battery gets to about 20% or lower, the Google Navigate stops....which bites because I have learned that charging this phone in the car while using GPS only keeps the phone alive, doesnt necessarily charge it.   I was thinking there was a 'power savings' feature on this phone which is on the INC2 which automatically kills certain functions when it hits a certain percentage, but I didnt see anything.     that's what it sounds like and what i initially thought (a power saving feature), but i'm not familiar with the device. i would do a factory reset today and see if it clears anything up. i know it's a bit of a hassle setting everything back up, but this way you will still have a few days to test it out before having to return it. that's just too many issues to live with in my opinion, and even if some of them will be addressed in updates down the road, you have no idea if that will be next month or next year.
cowanfk wrote: How do I make my Thunderbolt screen stay locked during an incoming call? It's very difficult to retrieve the phone without touching the screen and accidentally rejecting the ca... See more...
cowanfk wrote: How do I make my Thunderbolt screen stay locked during an incoming call? It's very difficult to retrieve the phone without touching the screen and accidentally rejecting the call. Same problem with calendar and clock alerts. Is there any way to change this? you may want to consider using a lockscreen widget. something like THIS.  i haven't used it, but i believe you can use it to set the lockscreen to a different type a access (as opposed to the very simple swype that answers calls). i too had this issue when pulling the phone out of my pocket. i often answered the call before even getting the phone out. 
borregolinda11 wrote: My new Bionic will be here Monday and when I asked the phone order person how to get my apps/contacts from current Motorola Droid she said to use the download assistant.... See more...
borregolinda11 wrote: My new Bionic will be here Monday and when I asked the phone order person how to get my apps/contacts from current Motorola Droid she said to use the download assistant. Well, according to the website the assistant is not availabe on my Droid. It tells me how to transfer my contacts but not my agpps. Can anybody help?   Thanks! you can sync your contacts to google, if you don't already do so, by export the .csv file to your storage and then importing it to your google contacts......or you can simply use backup assistant to sync the contacts to your "my verizon" account. whichever way you do it be sure to check the account from a pc (either my verizon or google) and make sure they are all there.    you can use My Backup Pro to backup apps to your sd card and then retore them to your bionic, when you get them. you will lose the data (game levels, etc), but the apps will restore. otherwise, it's not too difficult to just go into the market and download them all again. google knows which ones you have already paid for, if you have any paid apps. 
you'll stille be able to use 3g and 4g....but i still wouldn't buy a cheap battery from china. it will NOT be any better than your stock battery, and will likely get worse and worse. i've bought ... See more...
you'll stille be able to use 3g and 4g....but i still wouldn't buy a cheap battery from china. it will NOT be any better than your stock battery, and will likely get worse and worse. i've bought those as backups before, but you get what you pay for. i'm buessing a 2700 cheapo will give you the same life as your 1300 stock battery. i could be wrong, but that's my experience. i bought 2 1700mah ones for my incredible. neither one lasted as long as my 1500mah that came with my incredible.