Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,085 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

AZSALUKI's Correct Answers

you need to contact verizon directly and ask them to explain why their own app, website, and the phone's data tracker shows 900mb's, yet you recieved the text stating 75% has been use. hopefully ... See more...
you need to contact verizon directly and ask them to explain why their own app, website, and the phone's data tracker shows 900mb's, yet you recieved the text stating 75% has been use. hopefully the text was just sent by error. you likely won't get direct help here though, as this is a peer to peer forum. i would call or go to a corporate store and show them the text and ask why you got it.
i doubt it. they aren't set to launch until thursday, 3/28. if anything, they will ship tuesday or wednesday so that you will have it thursday (maybe)
try going to menu-->settings-->language/input (or keyboards?)-->select the samsung keyboard settings and turn off predictive text.
i got the note ii and wouldn't swap it for any phone on the market. however, as rcschnoor pointed out, it is HUGE. pros: multi window (2 apps on the screen at the same time, much like having 2 mo... See more...
i got the note ii and wouldn't swap it for any phone on the market. however, as rcschnoor pointed out, it is HUGE. pros: multi window (2 apps on the screen at the same time, much like having 2 monitors on your pc), s pen (didn't think i'd use it much, but it's pretty cool and really fun), smoothest android i've ever had (seriously, it's like butter), and it's HUGE (i watch espn and netflix and had the nfl premium app so i love the screen size). cons: it's HUGE. while i did get used to it pretty quick and can accomplish most things one handed, it really is a 2 handed device. if you have large hands it's not an issue at all. if you have small or even average sized hands, you simply can't get to the top opposite corner from your thumb.
sign in to My Verizon select "My Billing" and then "View Bill" on the right side of the page, select "Data, talk and text activity" select "Text" from here you can select which line you'd l... See more...
sign in to My Verizon select "My Billing" and then "View Bill" on the right side of the page, select "Data, talk and text activity" select "Text" from here you can select which line you'd like to view and it will display all texts sent and recieved (just the number, date, and time....not the actual messages).  Please note that if you have an iOS device, this only shows SMS messages and does not include anything sent through iMessage.
the phone has 3g and 4g radios in it.
no. once deleted, they are gone, unless you back them up.
open app drawer. at the top there is a seperate tab for the widgets. select it. find the widget you want. press and hold on it, and drag it to the homescreen you want it to go on. edit: fyi...... See more...
open app drawer. at the top there is a seperate tab for the widgets. select it. find the widget you want. press and hold on it, and drag it to the homescreen you want it to go on. edit: fyi....this is the method you will use to add apps as well, from now on.
people tend to look at their own situation and assume that if it's more for them then it's an awful plan. no, these plans aren't for everyone, but the fact is, they are very comparable (and in MA... See more...
people tend to look at their own situation and assume that if it's more for them then it's an awful plan. no, these plans aren't for everyone, but the fact is, they are very comparable (and in MANY cases cheaper, as you've shown) to the old plans, while being much more flexible. the other fact is that verizon focuses on new customers, of which unlimited data has not been an option for a year and a half. most of the customers that do have issues with these plans are older customers who don't want to lose unlimited data. i get that.....but it's going to happen eventually, on every carrier. also, people only go out of their way to get online when have have complaints. there are millions of customers out there who are thrilled with these plans. finally, many of them don't bother to find out that they don't HAVE TO switch. and in defense of some cases, there is a real problem (in my opinion) with the sales reps, in that they don't make it clear that you don't have to switch. by default, they are going to try to move you over (in some cases without even telling you) as soon as you upgrade.
i would REALLY look into seeing if you can still switch back to your old plan. you could have just added a 2 gig data plan to your old plan for the extra $30/month (so your bill would go from $85... See more...
i would REALLY look into seeing if you can still switch back to your old plan. you could have just added a 2 gig data plan to your old plan for the extra $30/month (so your bill would go from $85 to $115). they lead you to believe that you have to switch to a "share everything" plan, but you don't. i am, however, assuming you did this directly through verizon, and not a 3rd party retailer (they have no options besides share everything). i think you may be being charged $15/month more than you need to. with share everything it should be $30 for basic phone plus $40 for smartphone plus $60 for 2 gigs of data ($130). if you had just upgraded and kept your old plan, but chose an individual data plan of 2 gigs for $30/month, then it should just add $30 to your monthly bill. you need to find out if they put you on "share everything" or just added a $30 data plan to your old family share plan. either way, everything should be prorated. but i would go in and talk to someone and have them set it up for you and be VERY clear that you want your old plan and that you simply want to add the INDIVIDUAL data plan for $30/month. there is not $30 data plan on the share everything plans. they start at $40 for 250mb and $50 for ONE gig.
that is my understanding, yes.
Its just the newest version of the operating system. Most people could care less and likely wont even notice the changes. However, it does allow you to manage apparently easier and is supposed t... See more...
Its just the newest version of the operating system. Most people could care less and likely wont even notice the changes. However, it does allow you to manage apparently easier and is supposed to run more efficiently, so you'd get better battery life. A few other small improvements as well.
yes...on basic phones. if you have a smart phone with data, it is $350 and $10 off for each month of service.
Go to Gmail.com and there should be a place to retrieve your Gmail address before your reset the entire device.
unfortunately, it sounds like both batteries have been used heavily and are toast. you can try getting another battery, but that phone is more than 2 years old as well. if someone sold it to you ... See more...
unfortunately, it sounds like both batteries have been used heavily and are toast. you can try getting another battery, but that phone is more than 2 years old as well. if someone sold it to you as "new" then i would bet that they weren't being honest. it hasn't been manufactured for a long time. i had one and it was a great phone so hopefully you can find a good battery for it. if you try another battery though, and it won't hold a charge, then the phone is likely bad. i used mine for a year and then gave it to my sister in law, who used it for a year, and the battery definitely decreased, but you could still use it for nearly a full day after 2 years of being used.
this thread has a bar code you can scan if you have any of the barcode apps: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/794322#794322 try that.
i don't recommend the app killers. you can stop them by doing what fed1234 suggested if you really don't want them running. games don't always use data. if you play angry birds no data is used. h... See more...
i don't recommend the app killers. you can stop them by doing what fed1234 suggested if you really don't want them running. games don't always use data. if you play angry birds no data is used. however, if you play words with friends than you use data. the games that you play "online" are the ones that use data. words with friends sends the word you just played to your opponent so it's using data. angry birds is installed on your device and requires no data connection at all to play (you can play it on an airplane for example). if you are concerned about data then here are a few tips: set your email to only check periodically (i have mine pull every hour) rather than having emails "pushed" to your phone (which means it is constantly checking for them). do not allow any apps to "update automatically." just go to the market once in a while (while on wifi) and manually update any of your apps that have updates available. never stream music or videos when you aren't on wifi. these are the data hogs. you could blow through your allowed data just by streaming a couple movies, if you're not on wifi. monitor your usage for a couple months and you will figure out how much you use on average. MANY users don't even come close to their allowed 2 gigs of data. also make sure it's 2 gigs. for a while, verizon had a promo going that gave you 4 gigs if you bought a 4g smartphone so check to make sure that you don't actually get 4 gigs. fyi....i'm 6 days into my billing cycle and i have used .1 (one tenth) of a gig. i'm a fairly heavy user and rarely come close to 2 gigs. when i do, it's because i've been streaming music or video in my car during the month. and even then, if it's just music, i don't hit 2 gigs.
then it's the tower. i'm in phoenix and mine is accurate. woke up at home (7th street and the 101) and it was right and now i'm in my office (32nd st and indian school rd) and it's still accurate... See more...
then it's the tower. i'm in phoenix and mine is accurate. woke up at home (7th street and the 101) and it was right and now i'm in my office (32nd st and indian school rd) and it's still accurate. pretty odd???? have you rebooted any of them to see if it will update them to the right time?
nevermind.....i found it. it was in a older called DCIM.
Elitist_Jerk wrote: sounds like some kind of romaing notifcation i believe this may be correct. i saw a thread on this quite a while back. i can't find it now.......but somebody's device ... See more...
Elitist_Jerk wrote: sounds like some kind of romaing notifcation i believe this may be correct. i saw a thread on this quite a while back. i can't find it now.......but somebody's device just kept yelling "verizon wireless" randomly (in business meetings and conferences....lol). if i recall, turning off the data roaming notification worked. i wish i could find the thread.   edit: found it:   http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Discussions/My-phone-keeps-yelling-quot-Verizon-Wireless-quot/td-p/589854