Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 2,661 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

AZSALUKI's Correct Answers

there's a number of things it "could be." when you get a new phone, you need to update all of your app settings. for example, if you use facebook, make sure the auto play for videos isn't on, or ... See more...
there's a number of things it "could be." when you get a new phone, you need to update all of your app settings. for example, if you use facebook, make sure the auto play for videos isn't on, or it's set to on wifi only. that's just an example, but there are a lot of things like this that can affect your data usage. it also can record in 4k, so if you've done this and uploaded a video (while not on wifi), the file size is likely enormous. i could go one, but i hope i've given you some things to think about. and as ann154 mentioned, make sure you're checking the data usage on the phone settings, as well as the verizon app (your verizon account). you can set the phone to track data usage based on your actual billing cycle in the settings.
make sure that you have it set for it to turn off the screen when you hold it up on a call. i believe it would be in the phone/dialer app settings.
yeah, you need to make sure that in your camera settings, it is set to save to the sd card. i find that this is one of the most common memory uses. each picture taken is a significant file size. ... See more...
yeah, you need to make sure that in your camera settings, it is set to save to the sd card. i find that this is one of the most common memory uses. each picture taken is a significant file size. if you're not saving them to the sd card, then switch it now and move the stored pics somewhere (back them up to your pc or dropbox or wherever you store pics). videos and music as well. the operating system does take up a decent amount of space and there's simply nothing you can do about that. also, if you have a music subscription service like spotify, and you download music, it doesn't actually give you the option to use the sd card because you don't actually own that music. it will only download to that particular device (your phone) and will eat up a lot of memory.
go to the application manager in settings. when you select an app, "uninstall" will be an option IF it is possible.
they used to do it at the 20 month mark. not the case anymore. they've gotten real strict over the past 3-4 years about early upgrades. they did it one time when they first got the iphone, but i ... See more...
they used to do it at the 20 month mark. not the case anymore. they've gotten real strict over the past 3-4 years about early upgrades. they did it one time when they first got the iphone, but i would count on waiting 2 more months if i were you.
jenholmesboise1 wrote: I also noticed if you go in the message hit the plus sign and record video it will send. As the video isn't in the HD. If I record from the cam... See more...
jenholmesboise1 wrote: I also noticed if you go in the message hit the plus sign and record video it will send. As the video isn't in the HD. If I record from the camera and try to share it won't share to anything? Does that sound right? What is the point of HD video recording If you can't share it? this is exactly why. HD videos are huge files. you can't send them via mms or even email (email will work with extremely short video clips on some servers). the reason you can record and send from within the messaging app is because it will record in in a much smaller file size, but obviously poor resolution. your options are 1) to do it this way (record it from within the messaging app) 2) use youtube or dropbox or something....where you record the video at high resolution and then upload the video to youtube, dropbox, google drive, etc, etc....and then message the link to the video to the other person, or 3) use a video compression app. i have used "video converter android." you can take any video and then compress it. it's a fairly complex app, but i figured out how to shrink a video after playing with the app for a bit. you can set the resolution you want, or the file size, or the length, or whatever. you can play around with a video until you shrink it to a size that can be emailed or sent via mms. this is a good alternative to send a video that you've already taken. it's easier though, to send one by taking the video from within the messaging app. all of that being said, i believe the best way to do it is to shoot the video in hd and upload it somewhere that you can create a link to. this is the ONLY way to share high quality or lengthy videos. i typically use dropbox. every picture and video i take is set to automatically upload to my dropbox account. i can go in to dropbox and find any video i'd like to share and create a link to just that specific file. i then text that link to the person i want to share it with. they get the text and can download the video.
you need to report it (the bogus profile) to facebook as well.
yes. open the camera. tap the icon in the top middle of the screen (two arrows around a camera) to activate the front facing camera. then just tap the camera shutter icon (looks like a camera and... See more...
yes. open the camera. tap the icon in the top middle of the screen (two arrows around a camera) to activate the front facing camera. then just tap the camera shutter icon (looks like a camera and will be bottom middle of screen if in portrait.......left or right middle of the screen if holding in landscape).
it won't violate your contract. it may violate your warranty, if your phone is still under warranty.
without voiding your warranty, there is no way to go back in versions. you could find one on ebay or craigslist or somwhere, with the version you want. however, it will eventually push the update... See more...
without voiding your warranty, there is no way to go back in versions. you could find one on ebay or craigslist or somwhere, with the version you want. however, it will eventually push the update. you can ignore it a few times, but eventually, it will prompt you to decline it or it will automatically push it, and you'll have a minute (or some time frame) to decline it. unless you are always looking at the screen to constantly decline it, it will eventually push it.
have you checked the email app's settings to make sure that it's not set to only sync when connected to wifi (as a data usage precaution)? for example, i have my play store app set to automatical... See more...
have you checked the email app's settings to make sure that it's not set to only sync when connected to wifi (as a data usage precaution)? for example, i have my play store app set to automatically update apps, but only when connected to wifi so it doesn't download a 500mb app update while i'm on the LTE network. many apps have a feature like this. i don't have the s5 so i can't check the settings, but it's worth a look.
flash player will run on your tablet or phone. however, it will likely only run with the dolphin browser. it won't run in the fb app (as far as i know). if you install dolphin browser and install... See more...
flash player will run on your tablet or phone. however, it will likely only run with the dolphin browser. it won't run in the fb app (as far as i know). if you install dolphin browser and install flash player (it's not in the play store and you  have to find it yourself) and enable flash player in the dolphin settings, then it will play flash videos. this method has always worked on all of my phones/tablets. in short, use facebook via dolphin browser if you want to be able to view all videos. the facebook app won't work for flash videos.
in the messaging app, go to the menu and turn off the preview messages option. i "think" the lock screen will still show that you have new messages, but will not actually show the message.
unfortunately, a signal extender/booster is your only option. Do you get a signal outside of your house? Like in your yard? If so, then I don't actually think the problem is on their end. The pro... See more...
unfortunately, a signal extender/booster is your only option. Do you get a signal outside of your house? Like in your yard? If so, then I don't actually think the problem is on their end. The problem would be with the construction of the home, or other factors (something else intefering with the cellular signal). If you don't get a signal in your yard, then your just in a dead zone. Either way, an extender is probably your only option (short of changing carriers). If you do buy one, make sure you check out the return policy. I've seen people have great success using them, and others not so much. If you get one, use it a lot prior to when you'd have to return it. Make calls, leave the house while on calls, make sure it will hand off the signal fine, etc, etc, etc.
in your "my verizon" account, you can see a detail (expended) bill, and print that off.
i can tell you where to find the settings, but i'm not sure if that's an option. go in to settings and select language and input. then select text-to-speech options. there should be driving mode ... See more...
i can tell you where to find the settings, but i'm not sure if that's an option. go in to settings and select language and input. then select text-to-speech options. there should be driving mode options in there. it's also possible that if you remove the weather from the lock screen, that it may stop doing it.
are the pics on the phone's memory, or on an sd card? if it's on a card you can insert it into your pc, if your pc has a card reader. if it doesn't, or if they are on the phone's memory, you can ... See more...
are the pics on the phone's memory, or on an sd card? if it's on a card you can insert it into your pc, if your pc has a card reader. if it doesn't, or if they are on the phone's memory, you can connect the phone to the pc with a usb cable and transfer them that way. to wipe your info from the phone, you can do a factory reset. it should be somewhere in the menu/settings. HOWEVER.....a factory reset will completely wipe the phone to it's condition when you bought it. everything (pics, music, etc) will be gone. this will show you how to do both: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/42407
one more question......did the phone download an OS update when you activated it? sometimes, out of the box, a phone will be on an older version of the OS and immediately download and install an ... See more...
one more question......did the phone download an OS update when you activated it? sometimes, out of the box, a phone will be on an older version of the OS and immediately download and install an OS update, which could be 500mb's easily.
she can't. different radios if i recall.
unless you use an app to backup your texts, you can't retrieve deleted texts, unfortunately.