Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,808 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Geebox's Correct Answers

Agree with Primortal, sounds like the Work Wifi Settings on their router may be the issue.
For your first question, yes it does have internet sharing that uses data from your signed up data plan. With this device you will have to sign up with a data plan. You will have to get the Si... See more...
For your first question, yes it does have internet sharing that uses data from your signed up data plan. With this device you will have to sign up with a data plan. You will have to get the Sim Cards from Verizon once you sign up. The cards themselves don't cost, but you will have to pay to sign up. Use the switcher remorse option stated above and it should cover it.
Dareru76 wrote: I am using an SMT5800 and have recently moved. In my previous location, my phone was synced to my workplace Outlook E-mail address. Since moving, I have tried repeatedly to upd... See more...
Dareru76 wrote: I am using an SMT5800 and have recently moved. In my previous location, my phone was synced to my workplace Outlook E-mail address. Since moving, I have tried repeatedly to update my Outlook E-mail settings to match my new workplace. Unfortunately, when attempting to change the Outlook settings, the phone does not allow me to remove my old username. Since the phone also does not allow me to simply delete the old Outlook address and simply start over, I remain unable to Active Sync with my current place of employment. How might I go about rectifying this? I assume you were using MS Exchange for your work. If you can not delete the old account then you do have a problem. This should not be an issue. First back up your phone, Contacts, Settings etc using a backup program like PPCPIMbackup(free) or SPB backup or equivalent. For this message I used PPCpim Backup and backed up all my data to my storage card. Next start ACTIVESYNC on the phone, click MENU>OPTIONS and delete the Exchange account there. Then establish a account with your new workplace. Once the account is established Start PPCPIM backup and restore just the info you want, i.e. contacts etc. That should work.
  Trekkie2063 wrote: Like many people, I am in the market for a smartphone so that I can be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan.  So my question simply is this....  I know sometimes, ... See more...
  Trekkie2063 wrote: Like many people, I am in the market for a smartphone so that I can be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan.  So my question simply is this....  I know sometimes, a smartphone will be reduced in status and be seen as a feature phone but is the original Samsung Omnia still considered by Verizon to be a smartphone? Yes it is a smartphone. I just upgraded my wife's Omnina.
  big-d wrote: Got my OM @ 2 a few days ago after returning my Imagio. OM 2 great phone and has been easier to use with help o f GEE and Hammer on this forum. (Thanks) Anyway just thought I'... See more...
  big-d wrote: Got my OM @ 2 a few days ago after returning my Imagio. OM 2 great phone and has been easier to use with help o f GEE and Hammer on this forum. (Thanks) Anyway just thought I'd start a new thread that would get all out there that have there favorite apps or for that matter the not so favorite. I'm looking for a good weather app. Possible one that would constantly keep up dating it self. I drive about 750 miles every day and really don't want to keep punching the phone for a new city so the weather could be updated.Also a good Wifi app for locations strength....Any others out there.     For what you want, you will need a GPS weather app. To update by it self will probably cost. There is free one called GPS Weather Radar Pro: http://www.gps-weather-radar.com/ You still have to hit an update button, but shouldn't have to put an zip in. Just Google ' WM gps weather" should get you a few to test out. Onthe Wifi Signal locations and Sig strength, just use the built in MSwifi, it will show available networks and signal strength. Use the Windows Settings(Gray icon) not the Samsung one and go into connections. Steps, enable wifi. Hit the windows Start>Settings>Connections>Wi-fi