Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,939 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

nimiaj's Correct Answers

CJBKM​ unfortunately you cannot revert back to Marshmallow as Ann154​ pointed out. I have been running on 25.11.10 without any issues of the sorts that you are reporting. Chances are that these a... See more...
CJBKM​ unfortunately you cannot revert back to Marshmallow as Ann154​ pointed out. I have been running on 25.11.10 without any issues of the sorts that you are reporting. Chances are that these are specific to your device and these things can happen when you get a major update. Here are the few things you can try: - Run the phone if Safe Mode and see if you notice the same issues. If the issues go away, then there are one or more third party apps on your phone which are causing these issues. - Try clearing the storage cache as well as the system cache and then restart the phone. - Make sure the Verizon Visual Voicemail App is in Basic Visual voicemail mode. If you opted for the Premium Visual Voicemail trial, you will see that the voicemail app will prompt for you to either upgrade of end the free trial and revert to basic. This may seem trivial, but this had been causing havoc on my phone! Battery would drain so fast and the phone would get hot hot hot. - If all else fails, and you still have the issues, you should go the factory reset route... It's a bit of a hassle, but it can do wonders in solving your issues after a major update, if you phone starts misbehaving. Hope this helps!
@untiedcc, after clearing the cache, when the phone reboots, go to menu->settings->date and time. Uncheck the option to keep time syncronized with network, and manually change the date to 12/21/2... See more...
@untiedcc, after clearing the cache, when the phone reboots, go to menu->settings->date and time. Uncheck the option to keep time syncronized with network, and manually change the date to 12/21/2011.   The go back to menu->settings->about phone->software update. If you dont see anything, be patient, come all the way out, and go back in there again. You will see the update downloading.   Also, I have found that instead of clicking on the Install Now option on the popup, it is more reliable to go to the software update screen and click on install from there.
@lisa12345, can you describe what you are referring to as a software update? Is it an update notification from the Market (which uses an icon with a small bot in it) or is it an update notificati... See more...
@lisa12345, can you describe what you are referring to as a software update? Is it an update notification from the Market (which uses an icon with a small bot in it) or is it an update notification for the system (which uses an icon that looks like a triangle with an exclamation in it).   If it is the first one, there is some app on your phone which is trying to update and it is misbehaving. Try to uninstall the offending app and see if the problem goes away.   If it is the second one, you will eventually have to let it download and complete. There is no way to avoid the system software update (unless you were to root and use a custom rom).     Hope this helps!  
@yahoo33, is this happening for all types of email accounts configured in HTC Mail client? I know that I face this problem with my Yahoo account setup in HTC Mail. My Exchange, MSN and Live email... See more...
@yahoo33, is this happening for all types of email accounts configured in HTC Mail client? I know that I face this problem with my Yahoo account setup in HTC Mail. My Exchange, MSN and Live email accounts work fine with both 3G and WiFi. With the Yahoo! email however, everytime I switch to WiFi it stops working. This seems to be happening when you let the HTC Mail client automatically setup the Yahoo! config based on email address.   Have you tried using a manual setup and using instructions from Yahoo to setup POP3 rather than let HTC Mail configure it? Give it a try, it may work.   Hope this helps!
@Raider85, is this happening while unplugged or when you are plugged in via usb or wall charger? Here are some other things to check:   If this is happening when you are plugged in, go to menu... See more...
@Raider85, is this happening while unplugged or when you are plugged in via usb or wall charger? Here are some other things to check:   If this is happening when you are plugged in, go to menu->settings->applications->development and make sure that the Stay Awake option is not checked. If this is happneing all the time (i.e. plugged in or not) then you may want to check if you recently installed any apps or changed any settings that are preventing your phone from sleeping. Hope this helps!
@Toya77, you need a task manager that allows you to close applications. Look at System Panel Lite. I personally like it as it is free but does not have Ads in it. However, Android is the type of ... See more...
@Toya77, you need a task manager that allows you to close applications. Look at System Panel Lite. I personally like it as it is free but does not have Ads in it. However, Android is the type of OS that does not need for you to cleanup after it, or keep closing apps. I would suggest that you try leaving the apps alone and see how it works out for you. If you don't see any performance or battery life issues, I would leave them alone. A task manager is still a good idea to kill an app that may be misbehaving or malfunctioning.   One more thing, if battery life is an issue, I will suggest that you first look at all your data sync settings rather than apps first.   Hope this helps!
@lady_g, yes there is a way! Follow the steps below:   - Open your Photo Gallery (Gallery app) - Tap on Album (e.g. Camera Shots) - On the bottom bar, Tap on share button (the one with two ar... See more...
@lady_g, yes there is a way! Follow the steps below:   - Open your Photo Gallery (Gallery app) - Tap on Album (e.g. Camera Shots) - On the bottom bar, Tap on share button (the one with two arrow going in opposite directions) - On the "Share via" list, Tap on "Facebook for HTC Sense" (not Facebook!) - Now tap on one or more photos that you want to upload and tap the "Next" button - Optionally you can provide a caption for each photo on the next screen. Once you are done, Tap the "Upload" button - On the next screen, the very first field is the "Album" field. Tap on it to choose an existing Facebook album, OR tap on the first option on this list to "Create Album". - Provide an Album Name and tap OK. - Now choose how you would like to share this album and Tap "Done".   Hope this helps!
@rocken, this is the only link I found so far:   http://htcpedia.com/news/case-cover-htc-droid-incredible-extended-batteryc.html   Hope this helps!
@bobwahl1, follow these steps:   - unlock your phone - tap menu->settings->language & keyboard - tap Touch Input - tap Keyboard types and choose whichever you want use.   Hope this helps!
I am not sure I understand the whole slides back to inbox part, but the reason that some emails may not open could be that the Mail size limit is set to a specific value and the size of the email... See more...
I am not sure I understand the whole slides back to inbox part, but the reason that some emails may not open could be that the Mail size limit is set to a specific value and the size of the email is more than that. To verify this,   open your mail app Tap Menu->Account List & select the account in question Tap Menu->More->settings Tap Send & Receive   The first option on this screen will be "Mail size limit" Verify the limit set here and that the email you are trying to open is within this limit.   Hope this helps!
@birdturd, to add to the previous advice, I would suggest that you "clear all data" for your Internet browser app.   If you are using the stock Internet browser that comes with the phone, follo... See more...
@birdturd, to add to the previous advice, I would suggest that you "clear all data" for your Internet browser app.   If you are using the stock Internet browser that comes with the phone, follow the steps below:   Unlock phone Tap Menu-> Settings-> Applications Tap Manage Applications Tap the All TAB. Scroll down until you see Internet App and tap on it. Tap the Clear Data button to remove all settings. NOTE: This will delete all your bookmarks and saved password etc. etc.   Hope this helps!
@bstraughan, read this.   http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/android-text-messaging-bugs-acknowledged-fixes-detailed/   There is a known bug reported and acknowledged. Until a fix is obtained... See more...
@bstraughan, read this.   http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/android-text-messaging-bugs-acknowledged-fixes-detailed/   There is a known bug reported and acknowledged. Until a fix is obtained (which may be a long while or never if we dont get upgraded!), they say that if you wait until all messages load and then choose the person you wish to message, you will not observe this issue. Personally, I have not had an issue yet, but I've been more patient with my messages app loading up!   Hope this helps!    
@walkinaz08, check out these two applications in the market...   Proximity Screen Off   https://market.android.com/details?id=com.itsme4ucz.screenoff&feature=search_result   Tap Tap App   ... See more...
@walkinaz08, check out these two applications in the market...   Proximity Screen Off   https://market.android.com/details?id=com.itsme4ucz.screenoff&feature=search_result   Tap Tap App   https://market.android.com/details?id=net.maicas.android.wsleep&feature=search_result   Both seem to use the proximity sensor instead of a power button. I personally have not tried them, but think that this is what you are looking for...     Hope this helps!  
@desperatemom, the description of lockpicker app clearly says that it does not work on Anrdoid 2.2 Froyo, which is what we have currently running on our phones.   Hope this helps!
@Ash53, On the G drive (your SD card) you can store the photos under any location you choose to. So you could create your own directory named say "MyPhotos" and copy them there. "DCIM" is the def... See more...
@Ash53, On the G drive (your SD card) you can store the photos under any location you choose to. So you could create your own directory named say "MyPhotos" and copy them there. "DCIM" is the default location where the camera saves photos when you take them.   If you want to have the camera directly save photos to your SD card, you can also do that. To do that, tap Menu-> Settings (the gears)--> Tap Storage and choose Storage Card instead of "Phone Storage".     Hope this helps!
@bobwahl1, After connecting the phone to your PC via USB, unlock the phone and tap on Menu--> Notifications. Then tap on Charge Only option in the notifications. You will now see the connect menu... See more...
@bobwahl1, After connecting the phone to your PC via USB, unlock the phone and tap on Menu--> Notifications. Then tap on Charge Only option in the notifications. You will now see the connect menu. Choose disk mode and the magic will happen!     Hope this helps!
@basshunter, are you having trouble copying over music or setting it as ringtone?     To copy over music, you can connect your incredible to your PC in Disk Mode and simply copy over the file... See more...
@basshunter, are you having trouble copying over music or setting it as ringtone?     To copy over music, you can connect your incredible to your PC in Disk Mode and simply copy over the files. Once the files are on the phone, you can disconnect it from your PC.  You can now open the Music app and look for the specific music file. Select it so that it starts playing. Press the menu option and you will see the option to set it as a ringtone.   The above mentioned process will only work if it is a large actual song mp3. However, if you have one of those really short ringtone mp3 files, the Music app wont even show it! I had this problem. So for shorter mp3 ringtone files that don't need any editing, I downloaded an app from the market called Rings Extended. This app will show on the list of programs when you try to change the default ringtone from the sound settings menu. You can then use a regular file manager from within to choose your mp3 and set it as a ringtone.     Hope this helps!
@EmsMom, I know it sounds ridiculous, but the "bump charging" technique did help me a lot. But one difference in how you described it vs. how I do it is, after switching off the phone, I let it g... See more...
@EmsMom, I know it sounds ridiculous, but the "bump charging" technique did help me a lot. But one difference in how you described it vs. how I do it is, after switching off the phone, I let it get to green. Then unplug and replug. It again takes some time to get to green. I do this about two times and have seen improvement. Other than that, I did post about my specific settings a while back on here. Here's the link:   http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/After-2-2-this-phone-is-trash/m-p/286838#M12260     Keep in mind. If you use other market apps that need to sync regularly, you need to monitor their refresh settings as well.How much battery you end up using also depends on individual usage patterns. So, if nothing else works, I guess you are then left with an option of getting an extended battery.   At the end of it all, I do agree with you! There needs to be some serious research and upgrade to the battery technology to keep up with all these smartphones and how we use them.   Hope this helps!    
@2feedthesoul, I found the following link with a potential solution for your problem. Check it out:   The following steps are detailed on the link:   Quick and simple solution for that bug - ... See more...
@2feedthesoul, I found the following link with a potential solution for your problem. Check it out:   The following steps are detailed on the link:   Quick and simple solution for that bug - i have try to follow all post that i was able to find but nothing works brand new samsung galaxy s 19000 - android 2.2.1 1. turn off sync - you can do just for google calendar [ this is faulty one ] 2.go to settings->apps ->manage apps ->all 3. find calendar storage -> clear cache -> clear 4.find calendar sync -> clear 5.reboot phone 6. reeneble sync Simple and efective, problem gone - anyway it works for me   Here is the link: http://www.google.pl/support/forum/p/Google%20Mobile/thread?tid=19a2949acbcf019f&hl=en   It seems that this is one of the google apps. Some say its the Calendar sync, some say its GoogleTalk. Either ways, you can try the steps above for Calendar.   Hope this helps!
@ngocbe, some good news! (hopefully!) I have a friend who recently got the iPhone too. Aparently, on the iPhone when you setup your Gmail account under mail, it does give you an option to bring o... See more...
@ngocbe, some good news! (hopefully!) I have a friend who recently got the iPhone too. Aparently, on the iPhone when you setup your Gmail account under mail, it does give you an option to bring over your contacts as well as calendar! Check out the link below:   http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77702   Now what I don't know is whether it will keep them synchronized regularly. However to address that, there is Google Sync! Check out the link below:   http://www.google.com/sync/iphone.html   So if you do find out that all your contacts are infact in GMail, use the methods above to bring them over to your iPhone.   Now you have quite a few options to get your contacts sorted out!   Hope this helps!