Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,904 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

stef7's Correct Answers

You couk go into settings and for home screen, try toggling the mode. Also look to see if in settings for your device, you have options associated with motion... sorry, I glanced at another post ... See more...
You couk go into settings and for home screen, try toggling the mode. Also look to see if in settings for your device, you have options associated with motion... sorry, I glanced at another post here somewhere and they mentioned that. You could also use a replacement launcher like Nova from the play store... Here comes the hard truth.... doubtful a fix or patch you might wait on wouldn't require an FDR on your part at this point anyway... Backup your personal content. Copy down important settings and get usernames and passwords ready. Then... proceed to try an FDR to fix your device.
You should have a voice message indicator in the notification bar. And if you have notifications turned on, on your lockscreen, you should see a message indicating you have voice mail. On my LG G... See more...
You should have a voice message indicator in the notification bar. And if you have notifications turned on, on your lockscreen, you should see a message indicating you have voice mail. On my LG G2, I have the icon for the phone dialer in the tray at the bottom of the screen. When I recieve calls that I don't take, the icon has a little bubble and number that increments. I don't know however, if there's a way to see the number of VOICE MAIL messages left. Perhaps that increments in the notification message on the lockscreen. Do you have notifications turned on?
Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless You could write a very well crafted, sincere email to your regional representative and explain what has transpired. View the profile of the person in your re... See more...
Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless You could write a very well crafted, sincere email to your regional representative and explain what has transpired. View the profile of the person in your region. Provide factual information that is concise. Choose your wording properly. You want to put them in a position to want to help you. Outside the initial grace / return period, I believe the warranty states you may be provided with a refurbished device. That's pretty standard across models / devices. You are not the only person to have purchased a brand new phone, to have determined it to be defective not long after the purchase, to have been given a refurbished phone as a replacement. Does your refurbished S6 work properly? What defect is getting worse? I'm not following. An S6, having been so recently introduced, one would think a refurbished phone would be practically new, and should be defect free. However, if it's displaying behaviors that are inconsistent with a new, properly operating device, they'll probably tell you that you need another refurbished device. Ask the representative if you can be permitted to go to a corporate store for a replacement and verify proper operation in the store before leaving. Good luck.
Power-cycle the router.
So the Gallery won't open them? First, go into Settings | Application manager. Swipe to get to all, and scroll down to Gallery. Make sure it's not disabled. Go to the Applications drawer. Cho... See more...
So the Gallery won't open them? First, go into Settings | Application manager. Swipe to get to all, and scroll down to Gallery. Make sure it's not disabled. Go to the Applications drawer. Choose File Manager. Go to a folder holding the .jpg files. Click on one of them. You should get a "Complete Action Using" dialog box. Choose the Gallery and Use as default. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking go into the playstore, and download another picture viewer. If you like it, keep it. If not - uninstall it. I think that process will re-establish the default program that opens the .JPG files. HTH
I have an LG G2. So pardon me if this is different for you. On KK, I didn't have notifications displayed on the Lock screen. On Lollipop I do, and it's a feature I like. I don't know if it's new... See more...
I have an LG G2. So pardon me if this is different for you. On KK, I didn't have notifications displayed on the Lock screen. On Lollipop I do, and it's a feature I like. I don't know if it's new, but it's one of the few nice things I notice about the update on my device. Go to: Settings | Sound and notification | Lock screen. there I have Show all notifications checked. Check it. Reboot your phone. Get someone to send you email, a text or other.
This is what I found when I did a little searching. If you are using a custom launcher, try removing it. Next, try booting into Safe mode. Then in Settings | Applications | Applications mana... See more...
This is what I found when I did a little searching. If you are using a custom launcher, try removing it. Next, try booting into Safe mode. Then in Settings | Applications | Applications manager, try clearing the cache of Contacts and com.sec.imsservice. Then reboot the device.
A search on Amazon provided a few hits for front and back "military grade" film. For example: Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - LG G2 Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector / Front... See more...
A search on Amazon provided a few hits for front and back "military grade" film. For example: Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - LG G2 Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector / Front + Back Anti-Bubble Ultr…
You could first try to determine what is consuming battery: Settings | Battery, and the radios: Settings | Mobile Data (select menu, and select Show WiFi). Determine what is consuming the most ba... See more...
You could first try to determine what is consuming battery: Settings | Battery, and the radios: Settings | Mobile Data (select menu, and select Show WiFi). Determine what is consuming the most battery, and the most bandwidth. Those could be the culprit. And you can back up your vital content, and perform a Factory Data Reset. No one is going to know for sure this will solve your issues, but it's worth a try now that you are having problems.
Try: Settings | System Updates | Check for updates However, doing a FDR first isn't a bad thing to do PROVIDING you've backed up photos and other content, because it will get wiped if you do t... See more...
Try: Settings | System Updates | Check for updates However, doing a FDR first isn't a bad thing to do PROVIDING you've backed up photos and other content, because it will get wiped if you do that.
Low volume and fuzzy feedback? Ouch. Funny how it was just consuming resources. Not good. Might be at root cause for other people having battery issues after upgrading to Lollipop. Where did you ... See more...
Low volume and fuzzy feedback? Ouch. Funny how it was just consuming resources. Not good. Might be at root cause for other people having battery issues after upgrading to Lollipop. Where did you disable it? I think on other devices, people found it dropped calls, so I think they disabled it to improve call reliablility. Guess it's a Work In Progress sort of thing.
Toggle airplane mode. Googke and see if anyone else having settings issues. Uninstall downloads, reboot device and try another cache clear. If no joy, backup personal data and try an FDR... See more...
Toggle airplane mode. Googke and see if anyone else having settings issues. Uninstall downloads, reboot device and try another cache clear. If no joy, backup personal data and try an FDR.
No one has an idea what phone you have. Generally, for things like this, people recommend trying these steps: 1). power down the phone 2). remove SIM card 3). wait 5 minutes 4). re-insert SIM... See more...
No one has an idea what phone you have. Generally, for things like this, people recommend trying these steps: 1). power down the phone 2). remove SIM card 3). wait 5 minutes 4). re-insert SIM 5). power back up the phone with WiFi off, yes, you should be able to browse the web via the cellular connection. If you have WiFi on, and you are connected to an access point (router), it should default to using that radio to browse the web... If the steps above don't work for you, you may have to either: 1). call VZW and have them check your account. tell them that you did the above and it didn't work. 2). go into a CORPORATE VZW store and request a new SIM card be installed in your phone (and don't leave the store till they verify operation works for you).
i think you can put the device in airplane mode then selectively turn on wifi... before you travel you could try this and check your cellular usage on the settings ! mobile data display. you m... See more...
i think you can put the device in airplane mode then selectively turn on wifi... before you travel you could try this and check your cellular usage on the settings ! mobile data display. you might be able to turn mobile data / cellular radio off that way as well.
If in your shoes, the first thing I would try would be performing a low-level cache clear. If that doesn't return proper device operation, then I would not be waiting for a patch/update. I would ... See more...
If in your shoes, the first thing I would try would be performing a low-level cache clear. If that doesn't return proper device operation, then I would not be waiting for a patch/update. I would back up the content that you can't do without, make a note of important settings for email accounts, etc, and I would do a Factory Data Reset. Other people here have performed an FDR and their phone worked properly afterwards... unfortunately not all people report success after an FDR. There are other threads on this, and some have disabled Facebook or the Camera (?) and that helped. Others determined their devices got better after they manipulated Advanced WiFi settings. Calling Samsung might be worth your time and effort however. They put the OTA together and were responsible for testing it.
I've had chargers die, cables get flakey, plugged into a socket which is controlled by a wall switch turned off. ive had my battery slip off its connections. Start a systematic experiment to n... See more...
I've had chargers die, cables get flakey, plugged into a socket which is controlled by a wall switch turned off. ive had my battery slip off its connections. Start a systematic experiment to narrow root cause. Reseat battery. Use another USB cable. Try a computer or car radio USB port, try a car charger.... Good luck.
A phone will have a toggle to immediately mute all sounds, and potentially just provide vibrations to notify you of events. Most all smart phones have such a setting. Your device's manual is ... See more...
A phone will have a toggle to immediately mute all sounds, and potentially just provide vibrations to notify you of events. Most all smart phones have such a setting. Your device's manual is found here: http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/samsung-galaxy-note4/smart-samsung-galaxy-note4-ug.pdf see page 28 for example. Pull down the notification shade/panel, and scroll till you see the button for sound. Pressing it you should be able to place it on vibrate as is shown in that image. Also see page 132.
I'm guessing it's a hardware failure. Are you paired with any BT devices? Is the microphone hole clean of foreign objects / debris? You could try an application like Mic Tester or something... See more...
I'm guessing it's a hardware failure. Are you paired with any BT devices? Is the microphone hole clean of foreign objects / debris? You could try an application like Mic Tester or something similar. Next, you could first try booting into SAFE mode. If that doesn't work, you could back-up your critical content and try a Factory Data Reset. Then, it's probably time to replace it.
Do you have an option on your phone to format the SD card while it is still in the phone? That I would try first. If I were in your situation and I could get the SD card formatted using a menu... See more...
Do you have an option on your phone to format the SD card while it is still in the phone? That I would try first. If I were in your situation and I could get the SD card formatted using a menu option on the phone itself (my LG G2 doesn't have an SD card), I think I would try using the build in file explorer MyFiles app to move files, -or- I would consider downloading an FTP program for moving files between a PC and the SD card. I think with KitKat, people with phones having SD cards have been restricted as to where Apps can place files (they can only place files in directories they own or something like that). BUT, your SD card should work and you should be able to format it and store stuff on it. Good Luck.
Try the Menu | Settings feature of the particular email program you are using if you want to turn off audible notifications for email.