Along with the button on the side, hit the volume up key to make sure that Ringer volume is up and not off.  Try factory resetting your phone.  If that doesn't work then take it in to the Verizon... Ver más...
Along with the button on the side, hit the volume up key to make sure that Ringer volume is up and not off.  Try factory resetting your phone.  If that doesn't work then take it in to the Verizon store and have them look.
Only by looking on their phones.  If they've deleted the messages than no.
Here's a link from Blackberry on how to add a pin to your sim card on the Z10:  Protect your SIM card with a PIN - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
Conference Calls
Is it coming to them as an iMessage (blue)?  If so they can report it to Apple here.  Are the messages coming to them from your number or from your email address?  If it's from your email address... Ver más...
Is it coming to them as an iMessage (blue)?  If so they can report it to Apple here.  Are the messages coming to them from your number or from your email address?  If it's from your email address I would change your Apple password.
If he is using iMessage to text friends/family with an iPhone, it does use data.  He must me sending a LOT of text messages though because an iMessage is a very small amount.  For phone calls... Ver más...
If he is using iMessage to text friends/family with an iPhone, it does use data.  He must me sending a LOT of text messages though because an iMessage is a very small amount.  For phone calls, the only thing I could think of that would use data like that would be Facetime calling or a 3rd party app to call, which also would use data.  So he could turn off iMessage to be able to text away from home but wont get the texts as iMessages.
I think that if you synced the app with your Facebook account on the old phone it should restore your progress on the new phone.  If not, then you're stuck at the beginning.
Do you get the badge whenever you have a missed call? or does that now show up either?  If you go into Settings > Notifications > Phone - you can see there if 'Badge App Icon' is turned on or not... Ver más...
Do you get the badge whenever you have a missed call? or does that now show up either?  If you go into Settings > Notifications > Phone - you can see there if 'Badge App Icon' is turned on or not.
Through Changing PIN While in Backup Assistant, press the right soft key to choose OK. Press the left soft key to choose Options. Select Change PIN then press the center of the 5-way navigati... Ver más...
Through Changing PIN While in Backup Assistant, press the right soft key to choose OK. Press the left soft key to choose Options. Select Change PIN then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad. Enter the incorrect old PIN then press the right soft key to choose Next. If the PIN is incorrectly entered 3 times in a row, the account is locked for 15 minutes. Enter any 4 digit number then press the right soft key to choose Next. From the 'Change PIN' screen, press the right soft key to choose OK. From the '! Error' screen, press the right soft key to choose OK. Press #. Source
@ ledererster I think if they receive a request from another carrier they are obligated to port the number.  FCC.gov: Fees and charges Companies may charge their customers fees to recover ... Ver más...
@ ledererster I think if they receive a request from another carrier they are obligated to port the number.  FCC.gov: Fees and charges Companies may charge their customers fees to recover the costs that they incur in providing number portability. Ask the new company whether it charges any number portability fees and whether those fees can be waived. Companies may not refuse to port a number because a consumer has not paid for porting. Once you request service from a new company, your old company can't refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee; however, you are still obligated to pay any unpaid balances or fees, if applicable. Having worked for a telecommunications company previously, I know that whenever we got a request from another company to port a number to them, we were not allowed to refuse.  I think the rep you spoke to was misinformed. I would contact your new carrier and have them submit the request through their processes.  Verizon should receive the request and will have to comply.
You shouldn't have to enter a password to access voicemail on an iPhone.  Or do you mean to unlock your phone to access your voicemail?  For me, I just tap on the Phone app, choose Voicemail and ... Ver más...
You shouldn't have to enter a password to access voicemail on an iPhone.  Or do you mean to unlock your phone to access your voicemail?  For me, I just tap on the Phone app, choose Voicemail and then tap on the VM message on my phone.
Do you have a computer with iTunes?  You should be able to plug the phone into your computer and activate it there.  The below steps are for an iPhone 4S but should be the same for iPhone 6/6+: ... Ver más...
Do you have a computer with iTunes?  You should be able to plug the phone into your computer and activate it there.  The below steps are for an iPhone 4S but should be the same for iPhone 6/6+: Step 2 - Activate iPhone You can activate your new iPhone wirelessly using a Wi-Fi® connection or with iTunes. Turn on your new iPhone by pressing the On / Off button. Sigue las instrucciones en pantalla del asistente de configuración para seleccionar una red Wi-Fi y activar tu dispositivo. If no Wi-Fi network is available, tap Connect to iTunes. Ensure you have the latest version of iTunes. If you are new to iTunes, you will need to download the latest version from the Apple® website. Business and government customers: Please work with your IT department to ensure you are using an approved version of iTunes for your business or agency. When prompted, review the Software License Agreement and, if you agree, click Agree to continue. Una vez que esté completa la activación, aparecerá un mensaje en tu iPhone. Completa los pasos restantes del asistente de configuración, incluido el restablecimiento de datos desde la copia de seguridad de iTunes o iCloud, si corresponde. Notes: It may take up to three minutes to complete activation. If you ordered iPhone 4S or iPhone 4 8GB by phone, you will receive a text message when activation is complete, which will include instructions to dial *228 and press Call from your device to accept the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement. iPhone will be ready for use once this step is complete.
I would call Verizon and ask them.  I got a confirmation about an hour and a half after submitting my order.
Steps to restore the phone can be found here from Apple's support site.
Do you mean the password for your Apple ID?  As in to purchase apps through the Apple App Store?  Here is Apple's page to manage your Apple ID, including resetting the password.
On my iPhone 5 using iOS 7 it's in Settings>Notification Center and then all the way on the bottom of that page is 'Amber Alerts' and 'Emergency Alerts.'
I just checked again now and they are now showing up, issue resolved.
Are you seeing the duplicate contacts just on your phone or on the iCloud website as well?  Also, if you're syncing contacts with iTunes and also iCloud, this can cause duplicates.  Apple support... Ver más...
Are you seeing the duplicate contacts just on your phone or on the iCloud website as well?  Also, if you're syncing contacts with iTunes and also iCloud, this can cause duplicates.  Apple support has a link here that shows some possible causes and solutions for this issue.