Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,452 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

fisharefriends's Correct Answers

Well, that's a gamble you have to take. Or, to get rid of the risk, that's why they have the insurance plans. I don't get them, but perhaps they will give you a little reassurance. You can add th... See more...
Well, that's a gamble you have to take. Or, to get rid of the risk, that's why they have the insurance plans. I don't get them, but perhaps they will give you a little reassurance. You can add them up to 30 days after you purchase the phone (although i'm pretty sure you're past this time period, but oh well). I think my phone will last, and i certainly think the battery will. With my old phone, the battery was good up until about the year mark, and then right about then, it would only hold about a day's worth of battery-life. It was a bummer..but nothing that i didn't expect, it just was a little more drastic than i hoped for. Was i disappointed? yeah. But there was no part of me that was going to call it out as a defective battery.   That is a little peculiar that your phone won't charge full overnight, though. But remember, that is just the indicator, not the actual battery. You leave a battery in the charger, it is going to continuously keep charging; these chargers are not 'smart chargers' where they stop charging once it is full, and then start re-charging once it falls below a certain threshold, and that is why you shouldn't leave them in a charger for extended periods of time. But in your case, that doesn't really matter, cause it hasn't noticed that the battery is 'full' anyways. Are you using the factory charger that was provided with the phone? If so, i wouldn't worry about the indicator not going full. How long does your battery actually last? That is what matters; have you noticed a significant drop in battery life? As far as the indicator goes, even when these batteries go 'old' and start losing their full charge, they will still top out and say it is 'full'. It is just the nature of the battery that the definition of full just drops, but the indicator will show its values in respect to that reduced 'full'.   It sounds like you've tried cycling the battery a few times, and that's the only advice i could've given to try to fix the indicator issue. But just be mindful of what is stated in those other links i provided, you don't want to fully discharge your battery too much, cause it could cause more harm that help.
You simply swipe your finger across it, left or right, and that switches between the caller screen and the keypad. hope this helps.
it seems you accidentally made a double-post of the same information, so i am linking this to your other one, where i left my reply: http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Basic-Questions-about-the-Kin... See more...
it seems you accidentally made a double-post of the same information, so i am linking this to your other one, where i left my reply: http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Basic-Questions-about-the-Kin-Two-m/td-p/463278
That support page details the Kin Two, the original, albeit failure that Microsoft/Verizon released. The phone you purchased is the Kin Twom, a modified feature phone from the original that was m... See more...
That support page details the Kin Two, the original, albeit failure that Microsoft/Verizon released. The phone you purchased is the Kin Twom, a modified feature phone from the original that was marketed as a smartphone. The original had the 'network' aka studio/spot/loop, while the m models do not, mainly because you bought a 'feature phone' (no data required) and not a 'smartphone' (which the original kin phones required..and that led to their demise, seeing their inferiority to other smartphones). These features were 100% reliant on a perma-connection to the internet because of their online backup, which easily denotes why they 'had to' sell them as data phones originally. To do a little 'history', go ahead and google Kin Two and Kin Twom, and you'll get a broader knowledge of these phones and their differences. The re-released m models have gotten little to no attention from Verizon and MIcrosoft, which leads many of us to believe that they are only clearing warehouses and a huge surplus stock that they had from the original phones.   That being said, I own a Kin Twom, and i love it and it really is the best feature (non-data) phone BY FAR. I'm actually glad it doesn't have the 'social networking' interface and marketing that the originals did, i just want a regular phone with a great camera, qwerty, wifi, zune, etc. It has its quirks, but that is nothing to deter its great features. Almost all of the posts on this forum these days are regarding the Kin onem and Kin Twom, not the original models that were cancelled almost 7 months ago. Not to mention Microsoft announced it was shutting down its studio services the end of January..due to terrible sales figures (although Verizon did offer a 'compensation' to those original owners to replace the phones with any other smartphone, free of charge). The phones being sold today are the m model phones, although i have heard of a few 'straggler' original kin phones being sold at resellers, but it is highly unlikely that you have one of those originals, especially because that requires a data plan.   If you want some heavy reading, here is a review/FAQ/'should've been manual' that i wrote for the Kin Twom. It is long, but very informative about these phones, and will let you know the basics, as well as in-detail aspects of the phone, from a user's point of view. http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Kin-TwoM-Review-FAQ-Q-amp-A-troubleshooting-etc/td-p/347662
I wouldn't call it verizon standard, its pretty much standard to any phone contact. The only difference is, this phone's contacts aren't formattable in the same 'contact cards' that you have on o... See more...
I wouldn't call it verizon standard, its pretty much standard to any phone contact. The only difference is, this phone's contacts aren't formattable in the same 'contact cards' that you have on other phones, meaning you can't transfer a contact just by attaching the card, and i'm guessing thats why it has been a challenge for them to backup/transfer contacts with this phone.   the basics: first and last name, photo, ringtone (contact specific; if not assigned, then it just uses the phone's 'master setting'), phone number (theres plenty that you can save for individual contacts; they are: mobile, home, work, mobile2, home2, work2, home fax, work fax, company, assistant, pager, car, and radio..not sure when you ever will save this many numbers under a single contact, but those are the possibilities), email (unlimited number, as far as i know), im (interesting, because this phone can't instant message anyways), address (3 of them: home, work, and other), birthday and anniversary (they also sync with the calendar), website, details (prefix, middle, suffix), and work (job title, department, company, manager, and notes).   To be honest, thats plenty of options for contacts and the only ones i enter are the name and number, but its always better to have more options than less.
i do not own this case, but i do know that it is a 2-piece case, and it does not have a clear cover (screen protector), you will need to buy that separate. I did notice, that your link, that body... See more...
i do not own this case, but i do know that it is a 2-piece case, and it does not have a clear cover (screen protector), you will need to buy that separate. I did notice, that your link, that body glove case was ~$18, but i've seen the same body glove cases on amazon for ~$10. Just fyi, to save you money if you do end up purchasing it.
The spot was available on the original Kin one/Two phones. Those phones were marketed as a smartphone last July, and were discontinued after 6 weeks.   There is nothing wrong with your phone, y... See more...
The spot was available on the original Kin one/Two phones. Those phones were marketed as a smartphone last July, and were discontinued after 6 weeks.   There is nothing wrong with your phone, you probably just didn't know what you were buying.   You bought the Kin Onem, a re-release of the Kin phones as a feature phone late November, really how it should've been in the first place, the required data plan in a market of actual smartphones was what killed this phone the first time around. The prices were greatly dropped (as they should've been originally..), no data plan required, and it has a new firmware, but has no spot feature or online data storage cloud, but an added calendar and calculator. The spot/data cloud is the reason they had to market the phone as a 'smartphone' in the first place, requiring a data plan because of the 'mandatory' data use in the first place. However, to be honest these phones don't compare anything to a smartphone. That is why they were re-released without the spot. If you bought this with a data plan, my suggestion to you is to return it immediately, and replace it with a Droid, or some other 'real' smartphone, because the Kin phones simply do not compare. If you have no data plan, and were limited to feature phones, this is the best one in my opinion (only feature phone with wifi, 8 mp camera, HD video, full media player, qwerty keyboard, the works).   For more info, i wrote a much more detailed FAQ/review of this phone, linked here: http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Kin-TwoM-Review-FAQ-Q-amp-A-troubleshooting-etc/td-p/347662
I gotta say, this post made me pretty happy. I really wanted a way to put a lanyard/wriststrap on here, seeing it also serves as a camera at many times for me, and the best solution i came up wit... See more...
I gotta say, this post made me pretty happy. I really wanted a way to put a lanyard/wriststrap on here, seeing it also serves as a camera at many times for me, and the best solution i came up with was drilling 2 holes into the case i bought for it. But i believe you are right, i looked at it myself and found the 2 holes. There doesn't appear to be any function in them, no symmetrical designing of them, and all i can think of is a design flaw of what was a lanyard strap. Like you said, they even have the half-cutout portion on the battery cover.   My best advice as to how to get it working: get a sharp drill bit, and drill a hole/multiple holes until it is to your liking, depending on if you want to take out the whole section or just put the bare-minimum singular hole to get it to work. Or..use a sharp knife, something that doesn't apply too much stress to the material, not much shear on the material. A dremel (rotary tool) would work perfectly, if you have access to one. file/sand it down after for looks and sharp corners, and you should be good to go.   For comfort of mind, because the battery cover does feel cheap and thin as can be, hope this helps. http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Kin-TwoM-Review-FAQ-Q-amp-A-troubleshooting-etc/td-p/347662/page/4 Post #40 (should be the bottom one on the 4th page), it has links to replacement covers, running at $10 (no shipping cost). The post also has instructions as to how to purchase it, in the event that you need to (verizon's site makes it tricky to actually be able to add it to the cart..who knows why). Good luck, give an update on how it goes. I very much want to know if it works, i really want to attach a camera wriststrap onto my device. As far as the integrity of the loop, i cannot guarantee its strength..i personally have never had a loop like that break off, but they all look small enough just to snap.
heres a link to another topic discussing this. http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/upgrading-kin-for-FREE-help/td-p/347378
When you block data services, it makes it so your phone cannot send and recieve data. The 3G icon will still remain there, but you shouldn't actually ever be able to connect to it. That is assumi... See more...
When you block data services, it makes it so your phone cannot send and recieve data. The 3G icon will still remain there, but you shouldn't actually ever be able to connect to it. That is assuming you (more like the verizon rep, if you did it in-stores or over the phone) blocked data correctly. Just use it sparingly the first month, then check the bills and make sure there are no charges (note that if you used backup assist at any point..even though this phone doesn't support it, the verizon rep did it for me..that will add about half a MB of data). Another check, try to connect to the internet with wifi turned off. No pages should load. Note, that common pages, like Google's search page, can be saved in the memory cache, so try searching a new page. Hope this helps.