Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,705 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ajnevares1's Correct Answers

I figured it out, the Google TTS (Text-To-Speech) was disabled. Once enabled, the street names/exit were spoken again. Thanks!
I had this same problem and there are two fixes depending on how you set up your phone If you did not disable any of the messaging apps (Verizon Messaging or Hangouts) then go to Settings>More... See more...
I had this same problem and there are two fixes depending on how you set up your phone If you did not disable any of the messaging apps (Verizon Messaging or Hangouts) then go to Settings>More(Under Wireless and Networks)>Default SMS app and select Messages. I just did (yet another) factory reset on my phone, didnt bother disabling apps, went this route and it works without issue. The other fix is weird but worked...perform a factory reset on your phone and DO NOT restore your apps. When going thru the setup, do not sign into GMAIL and proceed with setup. Once you're at your home screen, confirm the notification light works by messaging yourself (or have someone text you) and assuming the light works, you can proceed with signing into Google and restoring your apps. I believe it has something do to with so many potential messaging apps and you need to establish the default one way or another. Good luck, hope it works!
nevermind...apparently i need to slightly touch it and not press the icon. how do i delete this post?
Looks like we are SOL...copied this from another post after a list of bugs and fixes were released:   http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/30/official-droid-bionic-bug-list-fix-coming-in-november/... See more...
Looks like we are SOL...copied this from another post after a list of bugs and fixes were released:   http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/30/official-droid-bionic-bug-list-fix-coming-in-november/         4.  Issue:  Non-branded Chargers: The XT875 can only be charged with Motorola or Verizon Wireless branded chargers. Action: No work around required. Resolution: No resolution required, working as designed and approved by Verizon Wireless. 5.  Issue:  USB Cables: The XT875 can only be used with Motorola USB cables. Action: No work around required. Resolution: No resolution required, working as designed and approved by Verizon Wireless.
as long as your contacts are backed up (backup assistant and/or google) and your media is saved on the media card, you will not lose anything (unless the app cannot be transferred to the media ca... See more...
as long as your contacts are backed up (backup assistant and/or google) and your media is saved on the media card, you will not lose anything (unless the app cannot be transferred to the media card for any reason)   when you say the alarm clock feature, do you mean the icon or being able to access the alarm clock when hitting the clock/weather widget? if you mean the icon, it will not be restored and you will need to install a third party app to regain the ability to access the alarm clock via icon...if you mean the access to the alarm clock, then yes, you will need to reset the phone.
its been about 14 hours since activating my replacement and it continues to cut in and out. spoke with vzw and they are now saying it is a known issue, no ET on resolution but expect a OTA update... See more...
its been about 14 hours since activating my replacement and it continues to cut in and out. spoke with vzw and they are now saying it is a known issue, no ET on resolution but expect a OTA update sometime soon. hopefully soon because i have only 10 days left to return this before being stuck with it.
There is also an app called "Silent Boot" which is specifically for the DROID! announcement when the phone boots up ...this is what was suggested bt HTC.   Its a simple app, its just one questi... See more...
There is also an app called "Silent Boot" which is specifically for the DROID! announcement when the phone boots up ...this is what was suggested bt HTC.   Its a simple app, its just one question you check/uncheck.
Id imagine because not every Incredible owner would have one or the other ...many owners have no issues, but WAY more are having issues based on what I am seeing. Consider yourself fortunate beca... See more...
Id imagine because not every Incredible owner would have one or the other ...many owners have no issues, but WAY more are having issues based on what I am seeing. Consider yourself fortunate because the issues we are experiencing requires tons of maintenance to the phone (battery pulls, wipe cleans, uninstalls/reinstalls)   I have a friend in Verizon customer service and since the biggest push of the software was done on 08/31/2010 ...there are at least 50 calls in the queue at all times ...that should tell you right there how bad of a launch this was.     So yeah, consider yourself fortunate