Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,266 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

StreetDocRN's Correct Answers

Hi, I have seen a lot of reports of this in the Blackberry.com forums, most of which are Verizon customers. The only fix is to reload the software. Hopefully, an update will be coming to ad... See more...
Hi, I have seen a lot of reports of this in the Blackberry.com forums, most of which are Verizon customers. The only fix is to reload the software. Hopefully, an update will be coming to address this. Doc
Hi, I noticed from those screen shots you have some personal apps you downloaded on there. You said you did a factory reset. Did you try using your device without installing any personal a... See more...
Hi, I noticed from those screen shots you have some personal apps you downloaded on there. You said you did a factory reset. Did you try using your device without installing any personal apps, is: Instagram, Navy Federal apo, etc, just to make sure the device is working correctly? It could be an app causing the problem. Just a suggestion. Doc
Hey, I had a similar problem on my Z10. I pulled the battery and restarted the phone and everything worked well. Worked for me. Doc
Hey, doggies, I think the problem may be in the app that controls it, Motorola Assist. It seems since the last update of the app a couple of weeks ago, the app isn't working as it should. ... See more...
Hey, doggies, I think the problem may be in the app that controls it, Motorola Assist. It seems since the last update of the app a couple of weeks ago, the app isn't working as it should. I went into Play Store and looked at My Apps: All and found Motorola Assist and uninstalled it. I then went into the screen where all my installed apps are located and clicked on Assist. I set things back up without updating the Assist app from the Play Store. It is late right now and will try everything again in the morning. I will report what I find. Doc
Hi, If you haven't done do already, plug the power cord in and try a force reboot. Hold down the power key and the down volume rocker for a few seconds and see if it will restart. Let us kno... See more...
Hi, If you haven't done do already, plug the power cord in and try a force reboot. Hold down the power key and the down volume rocker for a few seconds and see if it will restart. Let us know what happens. Doc
Hi, One MB is not much and was probably during setup on your device. Make sure your settings show that you only want to update programs and apps while connected to WiFi. I have 3 Moto X de... See more...
Hi, One MB is not much and was probably during setup on your device. Make sure your settings show that you only want to update programs and apps while connected to WiFi. I have 3 Moto X devices sharing 6 GB data and we only used 0.182 GB of data for the month. I use the My Verizon app to check our data use. The app will show how much of your alloted data you have used. Wifi does not count against your data use. It sounds like you have things under control. Good luck. Doc
Hey, I also did a little bit of further research on your problem and found a thread in the BlackBerry forums.  Here is the link for the thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry... See more...
Hey, I also did a little bit of further research on your problem and found a thread in the BlackBerry forums.  Here is the link for the thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Missing-Voicemail-Indicator/td-p/2138677 Maybe that might shed a little bit more light on your problem as one of the users found a solution to the problem.  Good luck, Doc
Hi, On the Z10, you can delete a number from the Hub, or from the call log screen. The Hub is where I delete items. Place your finger over the call in the Hub and hold down until it highlight... See more...
Hi, On the Z10, you can delete a number from the Hub, or from the call log screen. The Hub is where I delete items. Place your finger over the call in the Hub and hold down until it highlights the call. Then, the right sidebar will appear. Press the trash can and there you go. Hope that helps. Doc Posted with my Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.2151 on Verizon Wireless.
Hi, I found it easy to transfer pics using the Mass Transfer method, as explained here http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/11777/Transfer_files_from_computer_to_device_... See more...
Hi, I found it easy to transfer pics using the Mass Transfer method, as explained here http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/11777/Transfer_files_from_computer_to_device_50_764553_11.jsp Hope that helps, Doc
Hey, I'm not very familiar with your device, but Google Calendar works for me for recurring events. If there is no app for it, maybe you can access it via their website. Doc
Hi, Jannewf, There are a few ways to transfer pictures to and from your smartphone.  The easiest way is to connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable that most all phones have.  Onc... See more...
Hi, Jannewf, There are a few ways to transfer pictures to and from your smartphone.  The easiest way is to connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable that most all phones have.  Once connected, your phone will appear as a drive on your computer.  Just search that drive and find the pictures you want and copy and paste them. Another way is to use a micro SD card reader.  Most Android phones can use micro SD cards for storage for photos.  You can then remove the SD card from your device, place it in the SD card reader, and transfer.  A third way to transfer photos would be by use of a web site where your pictures that are taken on your phone can be transferred to and stored.  You can then copy and paste from the web site.  I know Facebook allows you to store pictures taken from your device.  If you don't want the world to see your pictures, simply make your pictures unavailable for others to see with the appropriate settings on Facebook for picture sharing. I hope this gives you an idea of which way to go.  Hope this helps. Doc
missdawn41 wrote: My 1st smartphone & clueless. I happened to run across a list of apps that were all running on my phone. Are all these apps sucking up my 2 GB of data allowance? How/should ... See more...
missdawn41 wrote: My 1st smartphone & clueless. I happened to run across a list of apps that were all running on my phone. Are all these apps sucking up my 2 GB of data allowance? How/should I shut them off?  Hey,   From what I have read, you don't have to worry too much about apps running in the background.  As I understand, Google made the Android software to close apps that aren't used too much when a lot of them are running.  I came from the Blackberry Bold and those devices were notorious for losing precious space when apps were running in the background.    However, if you are really worried about apps running in the background, you can go to Settings (press the bottom right icon on the bottom of your phone, not the one on the screen, but the phone itself) and select Settings>Applications>Running Services.  From there, you can get an idea of what apps might be running.  It will tally up how much each app is using and give you a total in the bottom right of the Droid 3 of how much free space you have.  Obviously, you must keep some services running, but there might be a few you can close.  Be sure you exit out of an app if it has an exit or close option.  You can look around the web for what some of those services are related to if you are not sure.  One thing I can recommend is placing a SD memory card in your device for storage of applications and other files, such as music and picture.  That will save you a lot of space.  I hope this helps just a little.  Good luck and have fun with your new Droid 3.   Doc  
Hi,   One other thing to add to what ChristinaB wrote, try to update your device's software.  The Droid 3 just received a system update which for my wife's D3, cured her random reboots as you d... See more...
Hi,   One other thing to add to what ChristinaB wrote, try to update your device's software.  The Droid 3 just received a system update which for my wife's D3, cured her random reboots as you described.  It also gave me the ability to have face to face chats with Google Talk, as the Front facing camera option was updated for Google Talk and a few other apps.  To update your device, go to http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droid3.html for more information.  The update was worth downloading for me and my wife.  Good luck.   Doc  
Hey,   Sorry for your problems.  I had that happen once with my Blackberry, but not on my Droid 3.  The repeated contacts problem can be easily fixed.  Forget about Backup Assistant.  Use a Goo... See more...
Hey,   Sorry for your problems.  I had that happen once with my Blackberry, but not on my Droid 3.  The repeated contacts problem can be easily fixed.  Forget about Backup Assistant.  Use a Google account to sync your contacts.  Once you set up the account (which is free) you can go to calendar and contacts.  Once your device is set up with the Google account, your contacts will be synced to the Google contacts online.  If you see that the contacts are doubled online, simply delete the extra contacts and your device will be synced and fixed.  Usually, the problem is your contacts may be syncing with two different accounts, such as backup assistant and a Google account or a Yahoo or Hotmail account.  Let me know how things turn out for you.  Good luck.   Doc  
Hey,   I attached a document from Blackberry that is a .pdf concering adding all types of email accounts.  You may want to browse through it and see if anything applies to your needs.  I hope y... See more...
Hey,   I attached a document from Blackberry that is a .pdf concering adding all types of email accounts.  You may want to browse through it and see if anything applies to your needs.  I hope you get this issue resolved soon.   Doc  
Hey,   One thing great about OS 6 for Blackberry is that you can create shortcuts for the home screen.  Open your Blackberry Browser and type in the URL for Google's web site.  Then, press the ... See more...
Hey,   One thing great about OS 6 for Blackberry is that you can create shortcuts for the home screen.  Open your Blackberry Browser and type in the URL for Google's web site.  Then, press the Menu key and select Add to Home Screen.  Viola, you have a shortcut on your home screen that will take you directly to Google's Search engine.  Hope that helps.   Doc  
Hey,   The Blackberry creates a calendar for each email address associated with your device.  It also creates one for Facebook and Blackberry Messenger, too.  In order to delete any calendar, y... See more...
Hey,   The Blackberry creates a calendar for each email address associated with your device.  It also creates one for Facebook and Blackberry Messenger, too.  In order to delete any calendar, you would have to delete the associated email account or instant message program.  You can select which calendar is the default calendar to be shown by using the options.  On your device, go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services.  Under Calendar (CICAL), select the account you wish to make as the default calendar to use on your device.  It should be noted that this is the same screen where you can select the default email address you wish to use when sending email, which is under Messaging.  I hope this helps.   Doc  
j_yates wrote: does the blackberry bold require the $30 per month data package or can i get the $10 per month just to check e mails? Hey,   As of right now, it is required for you to ... See more...
j_yates wrote: does the blackberry bold require the $30 per month data package or can i get the $10 per month just to check e mails? Hey,   As of right now, it is required for you to get the $30 dollar data package for the Email and Web for Blackberry.  Hope that helps.   Doc  
Hi,   You can activate your phone yourself by logging into My Verizon on your computer.  The link is at the top of this page.  If you don't want to do that, you can call customer service and th... See more...
Hi,   You can activate your phone yourself by logging into My Verizon on your computer.  The link is at the top of this page.  If you don't want to do that, you can call customer service and they can do it for you.   Doc  
Hey,   They are a one time charge.  The software will be yours.   Doc