I ended up getting the USA unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S8.  Specs confirmed it was compatible with CDMA (for activation) and the correct LTE bands (for data and VoLTE).   From there I foun... Ver más...
I ended up getting the USA unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S8.  Specs confirmed it was compatible with CDMA (for activation) and the correct LTE bands (for data and VoLTE).   From there I found a Verizon MVNO that fit my budget.  After a little trouble porting my number over I completed the activation and confirmed everything works as expected.  I now have VZW 4G LTE coverage in the basement where I work.  Thanks for the tips and info!  
If the hard reset from the reset button under the back panel does not reset the Jetpack then something is critically wrong with that Jetpack.  Return it and get a different one.  The reset bu... Ver más...
If the hard reset from the reset button under the back panel does not reset the Jetpack then something is critically wrong with that Jetpack.  Return it and get a different one.  The reset button should always reset the admin password to the default listed on the sticker after pressing and holding the reset for a few seconds.
Because your MiFi is connecting to a network that is using an Extended Network tower. If you believe this is a mistake and Full Verizon signal is available then reset your Jetpack, then reseat... Ver más...
Because your MiFi is connecting to a network that is using an Extended Network tower. If you believe this is a mistake and Full Verizon signal is available then reset your Jetpack, then reseat the SIM card.  This should force the Jetpack to reconnect to the strongest tower in the area, which should always be a direct VZW connection. If the resets do not work then contact VZW for warranty and support as your device may be damaged and need to be replaced.
Performance in your home will vary.  This is the nature of the beast.  General performance metrics for Verizon 4GLTE and 3G can be found online.  An average 4G LTE performance is somewhere betwee... Ver más...
Performance in your home will vary.  This is the nature of the beast.  General performance metrics for Verizon 4GLTE and 3G can be found online.  An average 4G LTE performance is somewhere between 5-12 Mbps.  That is normally enough to play on online game, but I wouldn't advise playing anything competitively.  While active gaming requires relatively low data once the maps and updates are installed the small delays or hiccups in the signal that wouldn't normally be a problem for apps may be noticeable in competitive play. In your scenario you are likely and should expect to receive below normal performance.  VZW may be better than your satellite connection when it works but will have various limitations. The only way to know for sure is to either borrow a friends jetpack and try it out from your home.  Or if a friend has a VZW phone you can run some speedtests when they visit and see what kind of performance you can get.  VZW offers a one or two week trial period on new Jetpacks, but there will be a restocking fee to pay if you decide to back out during that period.  A better option may be to try a prepaid VZW device first and if you like it go for a full account afterwards.
My guess is that the MiFi does not know how to contact any local Time Servers for the Eastern Europe/Ukraine area of the globe.  You may have to wait until you can return to a normal VZW service ... Ver más...
My guess is that the MiFi does not know how to contact any local Time Servers for the Eastern Europe/Ukraine area of the globe.  You may have to wait until you can return to a normal VZW service area before the date function on the MiFi functions correctly. As long as the internet is working through your current carrier then I would just ignore the time stamps for now. That or show all your friends that you are actually a time traveler from the not so distant past : )
Check with Cannon for instructions on the various network connection options that are available for that model. The Jetpack is functioning just like any other home wireless router you may have... Ver más...
Check with Cannon for instructions on the various network connection options that are available for that model. The Jetpack is functioning just like any other home wireless router you may have.  As long as you are within range of the Jetpacks weak signal the printer should be able to find it and connect.
Reset the device to the defaults and reconfigure it again.  That should wipe out any notifications you cant remove on your own.
Yes, depending on what you mean by "work". Even when the cellular reception from the local towers goes away the Jetpack will continue to function as a local home router without internet access... Ver más...
Yes, depending on what you mean by "work". Even when the cellular reception from the local towers goes away the Jetpack will continue to function as a local home router without internet access.  So if you want to do some file sharing between two local devices the Jetpack would continue to function.  Only the internet access would be questionable in this situation.
It sounds like you simply purchased the wrong device for your needs as opposed to a technical problem covered by warranty/support.  At 6 months you are long outside the grace period to return the... Ver más...
It sounds like you simply purchased the wrong device for your needs as opposed to a technical problem covered by warranty/support.  At 6 months you are long outside the grace period to return the device for a refund.  That period is normally only for a week or two and then restocking fees still apply.  If you intended to return the device you should have done so earlier.  Now you are locked into your investment and Verizon is not obligated to assist you.  The best advice is from Ann which is to explore options to sell the device on your own.  The service on the Jetpack would have to be transferred to another VZW device or suffer from early termination fees. To answer your questions: >If I were to do that, I would get nothing as a trade in on the 6mo. old Jetpack (0.00 shows as trade-in value)? Correct.  At least that should be the default response from VZW.  It doesn't hurt to ask and explain your case to the VZW rep you are working with at the time.  Align your expectations accordingly. > What about an exchange for the S KU# NOVT1114V ? Verizon is not obligated to provide you with anything simply based on it didn't work out for you.  You would need to demonstrate that the device is defective first.  Then Verizon may consider swapping out the device with another as a result of the remaining warranty.  Additional troubleshooting and information would be necessary to let you know if this is worth a shot or not. > Why would I lose $200 on the Jetpack, pay for 2 cell phones on a different plan? That is the contract that you signed up for and the agreement you made with Verizon at the time of purchase.  They have the leverage in this scenario unless you are not telling us something.  If you would have asked us for suggestions before purchasing perhaps we could have pointed you in the correct direction.  Plus you aren't totally dead in the water if VZW wont help you.  The Jetpack should salvage some value if sold on your own. >Do I have any recourse with the Jetpack? Doesn't sound like it.  your best bet is to demonstrate there is a technical problem with the Jetpack and then ask for an alternative device under the remaining warranty. > Do any of the hotspots have routing functions? You would need to be more specific.  All Jetpacks/mobile hotspots have a router built into them.  They function as a router and have all the normal routing functions you would expect from a low end home router device.  Checking the User Manual before purchasing is a good way to confirm the features you want are available or not on a particular model. > get one that has an Ethernet port for further networking. Jetpacks do not have Ethernet ports.  You would need either a 4G router, a USB Modem + Home router combo or the 4G LTE Internet Installed package to obtain a physical Ethernet port directly on the VZW device.  Otherwise you can obtain Ethernet cable connectivity by purchasing a wireless bridge and configuring your devices to connect to that device instead of the Jetpack.  Back in the day I used a Peplink Pepwave Surf Mini to fill this role, but any home router with a wireless bridge feature would do the trick too. Hope this answers all of your questions, even if they aren't the answers you are looking for.
Unfortunetly I am not aware of any jetpacks that have Access Restriction features built into them.  This kind of functionality is usually a premium feature of home router or open source home rout... Ver más...
Unfortunetly I am not aware of any jetpacks that have Access Restriction features built into them.  This kind of functionality is usually a premium feature of home router or open source home router firmware. I would advise looking into OpenDNS: https://www.wikihow.com/Block-Unwanted-Site-From-Your-Router As an example, Heres a guide for configuring OpenDNS with a MiFi 6620L: https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/228008547-Verizon-JetPack-MIFI6620L With the assistance of OpenDNS you should be able to reconfigure the DNS service of your Jetpack to the custom OpenDNS profile you configured and block access to websites/domains.
It sounds like something with that users MS Office configuration is getting blocked by Verizons NAT firewall profile.  Once the VPN is engaged then the firewall is not an issue and the traffic is... Ver más...
It sounds like something with that users MS Office configuration is getting blocked by Verizons NAT firewall profile.  Once the VPN is engaged then the firewall is not an issue and the traffic is allowed to reach its destination. I'll save you a call to Verizon and confirm that Verizon is not going to make customizations to their NAT firewall configuration for your user or organization.  Were all in the same boat and the current well known and documented work around if you don't like it is to use a VPN, which you are already doing. Your best chance at a solution is to take a deeper look at the users MS Office traffic.  Isolate with network monitoring tools what kinds of calls are going out and getting blocked or timing out when the VPN is not engaged.  MS office products do a lot of goofy lookups when they are launched including talking to printers, checking files for known viruses and other misc network lookups.  Any number of things could be causing the problem. For example, I've resolved an issue with Verizon and MS Office where office network printers were causing delays in saving changes to MS Office documents.  This problem only became an issue over Verizon 4G LTE, normal broadband connections were fine.  The solution was to change the default printer to a local printer (adobe PDF, XPS Writer, any USB printer, etc) instead of the network printer the users normally use at their desk.
More info on the patches that are available here: http://www.zdnet.com/article/here-is-every-patch-for-krack-wi-fi-attack-available-right-now/
I am aware of the recent WPA2 issues but have not heard or seen any updates from Verizon or the Jetpack manufacturers to resolve the problem yet. Give it some time.  Phone and router manufactu... Ver más...
I am aware of the recent WPA2 issues but have not heard or seen any updates from Verizon or the Jetpack manufacturers to resolve the problem yet. Give it some time.  Phone and router manufacturers are going to be able to move quicker on this one than the mobile broadband only devices.  A problem as large as this needs to be addressed by each hardware manufacturer for each device that they currently support.  I'd imagine the currently supported newest devices will get patches first.  Some legacy models may not get a patch at all or not for a long time. Besides, Verizon doesn't create the firmware updates, they only deliver them to the devices over the network.  If you really want an answer you will have to contact your device manufacturer for more details.  Chances are they have something posted somewhere to address your concern.
Yes. You can use any kind of device that supports a wireless repeater function to extend the range of your mobile hotspot device.  Many home routers offer a feature like this.  Specific device... Ver más...
Yes. You can use any kind of device that supports a wireless repeater function to extend the range of your mobile hotspot device.  Many home routers offer a feature like this.  Specific devices can be purchased for this task too under a variety of marketing names. Note that extending the WiFi signal will not improve your performance of the Verizon device or your personal devices, its a tradeoff of performance for coverage.  Extending the WiFi network will only offer you a larger area to connect to the mobile hotspot.  Its safe to assume anything connecting over the extended network is going to perform worse due to the overhead associated with funneling your original WiFi traffic through a 2nd WiFI device before making it to your personal devices. Depending on the actual problem you are trying to resolve extending the WiFi network via repeaters may not be the solution you are looking for.
There are a ton of posts to sift through so forgive me if I have overlooked something. From what I can tell this user does not have access to a landline internet connection (coax,dsl,fiber).  ... Ver más...
There are a ton of posts to sift through so forgive me if I have overlooked something. From what I can tell this user does not have access to a landline internet connection (coax,dsl,fiber).  He uses satellite for his TV at the moment and there may be a local Muni WiFi service provider in his area willing to broadcast a WiFi broadband signal to him, but that is unconfirmed. That means all Verizon Network Extenders are out of the equation.  NEs are only going to help if there is a reliable broadband connection behind them providing a consistent connection.  Satellite and Muni WiFi isn't going to cut it in my experience. That leaves him with the a 4G router that talks directly to his local tower(s?).  The best thing he can do is boost his reception with a booser/amplifier kit.  I cant tell if he already purchased one or not but it sounds like he has and also worked with a local tech at some point or another (for the GPS concern?). Roof mounting the GPS antenna should not be necessary.  Satellites would be just as visible a window facing the equator with a clean line of sight as they would on the roof, although roofs will certainly perform better.  Having to mount a GPS antenna on the roof suggests the area is covered heavily by trees or other objects that are otherwise not present on the roof.  Users need a minimum of 4-5 good GPS satellites to get a lock.  There is not much of an advantage of viewing more than the minimum with these devices as they are stationary.  Once locked the GPS coordinates are not very important anymore.  GPS performance is not related to the throughput of the device itself. So... If this were me I would spend my time playing with the booster kit to get the best VZW service that I could in this environment.  Sounds like he already has a roof mounted antenna to play with so I'd consider adding that to the solution to improve the results.  If the native signals in the area are too poor to begin with then the booster isn't going to make much of a difference and alternative service providers or setups should be considered.  Generally speaking placing the antenna higher in the air in addition to a higher powered antenna/booster kit will improve the results.
No. GPS tracking of devices requires a GPS service to be enabled in the first place.  To my knowledge all Verizon Jetpacks do not have such a feature enabled by default.  Your best bet is to c... Ver más...
No. GPS tracking of devices requires a GPS service to be enabled in the first place.  To my knowledge all Verizon Jetpacks do not have such a feature enabled by default.  Your best bet is to contact Verizon and work through their lost/stolen device process for options on how to proceed.
Page 7 of the user guide suggests that software/firmware updates for this device are done over the air and automatically: https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/wireless-... Ver más...
Page 7 of the user guide suggests that software/firmware updates for this device are done over the air and automatically: https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/wireless-home-phone-t2000-user-guide.pdf Software is automatically updated during phone idle time. Phone is not usable during upgrade. So leave the device powered on and connected and leave it alone for a few days.  Check up on it again later and confirm if the firmware update was successful or not.  Contact VZW directly via Chat, phone or in store rep to move to the next troubleshooting steps from there.  VZW doesn't appear to have a guide posted for how to manually update these devices so they may have to load one for you and swap out yours to get you working.
Check out the user guide for the exact steps.  In a nutshell you will have to look up the IP address of the 4G Router from a device that is already connected to it.  Then enter the IP address... Ver más...
Check out the user guide for the exact steps.  In a nutshell you will have to look up the IP address of the 4G Router from a device that is already connected to it.  Then enter the IP address of the 4G router into a web browser and log into the routers admin page.  From there you will have to navigate around the menus to find either the WiFi or Admin password areas to submit your changes.
Compare the network name from the Control Panel of the Jetpack with whatever you are seeing on the PC.  If they do not match then do not connect to that network.  To rule out any shenanigans I wo... Ver más...
Compare the network name from the Control Panel of the Jetpack with whatever you are seeing on the PC.  If they do not match then do not connect to that network.  To rule out any shenanigans I would perform a reset of the Jetpack and then update the WiFi password to something custom.  You shouldn't connect to any networks you are not confident are correct. For more advice try taking a screenshot or take a picture of the "choices" you are referring to with a phone.  Attach the image to this thread so we can review and confirm what you are looking at.
iPhone can use its normal WiFi feature to connect to the Jetpack.  No concerns here. To connect the PC without WiFi you will need to purchase a WiFi USB Adapter. These are pretty cheap and req... Ver más...
iPhone can use its normal WiFi feature to connect to the Jetpack.  No concerns here. To connect the PC without WiFi you will need to purchase a WiFi USB Adapter. These are pretty cheap and require you to install drivers on the PC for it to work correctly.  All you need is an open USB slow on the PC and will be good to go. The Roku box would need a WiFi connection to the Jetpack as well.  Depending on which Roku model you have this may or may not be an option for you.  The newer Rokus come with WiFi by default and the more expensive models come with Ethernet cables too.  Should be able to make this one work with the Jetpack unless it does not happen to have a WiFi feature built in. The TV does not need to be connected to the MiFi unless you have some other TV specific apps that require data connections to function correctly.  Chances are you will use the Roku instead anyways. Regarding boosters that will depend on where you plan to be when accessing Verizon. You can use the Verizon coverage locator map to get an idea if your destinations have full 4G LTE coverage or not.  Combine this with information on public tower finding websites to get an idea where the closest towers will be.  From there try to place your Jetpack near a window facing that tower.  However, be cautions not to place the Jetpack in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time as this will trigger overheating and decrease the performance of the device significantly. You may want to check with your destinations to see if they have made any accommodations for Verizon signals.  Businesses can purchase their own Enterprise Extenders, repeaters and amplifiers kits if they wished to do so.  In that case you may not have to worry about any additional equipment in that location. Otherwise if you want to explore purchasing an external powered amplifier kit then look into Wilson Electronics / Weboost: https://www.weboost.com/.  Budget is normally the most limiting factor in regards to which model is feasible for you.  These devices are not cheap.