Copied from Blackberry forums, copied from google:   Cell broadcasting allows text messages to be broadcast to all mobile handsets in a given geographical area. This area can range from th... Ver más...
Copied from Blackberry forums, copied from google:  Cell broadcasting allows text messages to be broadcast to all mobile handsets in a given geographical area. This area can range from the area covered by a single cell to the whole network. Because cell broadcast works by targeting particular cells no knowledge of mobile telephone numbers is required, unlike bulk SMS. Also cell broadcasting places a very low load on the network, a cell broadcast to every subscriber on the network is equivalent to sending an SMS message to a single phone. Network loading problems can cause severe problems in emergency situations when network usage is likely to be very high anyway and in these circumstances SMS messages can be delayed for hours or days or even lost altogether. The cell broadcast technology provides for 64000 broadcast channels so that different types of message (severe weather, terrorist, missing child etc) could be broadcast on different channels. Not every subscriber would necessarily receive all the channels and hence all the messages. Channels can be activated from the handset or remotely by the network . Ideally certain channels would be allocated for certain message types and these would be standardised globally so that travellers would receive alerts wherever they happen to be.  From what I understand we don't use it here in the states b/c our providers don't use broadcast messages.  If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!! 
Not sure, but I wouldn't worry about it at all.  The $30 data plan required on all three of your phones covers you for unlimited internet from your device, unlimited send/receiving email, and chat... Ver más...
Not sure, but I wouldn't worry about it at all.  The $30 data plan required on all three of your phones covers you for unlimited internet from your device, unlimited send/receiving email, and chat on any of the 5 installed messenger services.  The only data you will be charged for is SMS/MMS if it's not covered in your regular calling plan. Message Edited by LOWFLYER on 08-25-2009 06:49 PM
Robbyswife25 wrote: I just got a blackberry tour and there is an icon on the home screen I don't know what it is.  It is right under the signal meter.  It is a circle with 2 lines going throu... Ver más...
Robbyswife25 wrote: I just got a blackberry tour and there is an icon on the home screen I don't know what it is.  It is right under the signal meter.  It is a circle with 2 lines going through making a "t".  Then it has 3 ")))" behind it.  Any help would be appreciated. Message Edited by Robbyswife25 on 08-25-2009 01:50 PM The circle with the lines through it is your GPS icon.  The 3 ))) indicate that your location is on and you are free to use applications like BB maps or Google maps with your GPS chip.  If you turn off "location aiding" those 3 ))) will disappear and you'll only be able to be tracked by emergency services.  It will say 911 only.  It's all in your GPS options.  Welcome ot the forums.  If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!! 
Jassy570 wrote: Are the screen protectors good. Say if I took it off my screen will it leave like residue or anything on my phone. Message Edited by Jassy570 on 08-21-2009 09:09 AM  ... Ver más...
Jassy570 wrote: Are the screen protectors good. Say if I took it off my screen will it leave like residue or anything on my phone. Message Edited by Jassy570 on 08-21-2009 09:09 AM  The pack of 3 screen protectors I bought from VZW for $9.99 have worked just fine for me.  I'm still on my first one since I bought my Storm back in April with no problems to speak of.    As for other accessories, car charger is a must if you're a heavy user.  Also, a bluetooth headset is very handy, especially in states with cellphone/driving laws.  I highly recommend the Jawbone by Aliph.  They are sold through VZW for $100 and some change; military grade noise cancelling technology, fashionable, and light on the ear. Message Edited by LOWFLYER on 08-21-2009 10:30 AM
Did the BOGO back in Apr to get my Storm, had one of my troops at work sign up with me so we could get em on the cheap!  Thanks VZW!!
BBtour09 wrote: Okay guys, I just got my BlackBerry tour, and we have the familyshare plan, that's the select plan: for 1400 min and with 10 friends and familly. In our three lines I'm the... Ver más...
BBtour09 wrote: Okay guys, I just got my BlackBerry tour, and we have the familyshare plan, that's the select plan: for 1400 min and with 10 friends and familly. In our three lines I'm the only one that has the BB.  I  just wasnt sure what my BlackBerry $30 data plan include. I know I have email and internet browsing, but on the flyer that has the description of my plan it says that it's $ 1.99/mb  for data sent or received.  So is it unlimited internet browsing? Or it also applies to my BB plan?  Thanks alott  Your BB data plan includes streaming email (unlimited), Internet from your device (unlimited), and all the instant messaging you can handle from any of the 5 msngers installed on the phone....you guessed it (unlimited).  Txt and MMS are a different story, but since you're on the FS 1400 I believe unlimited text and pix is included in that calling plan.  The$1.99/mb is for the other phones on your plan that might use the internet w/out the $30 data coverage.