Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,986 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

breezex's Correct Answers

yana214 said:  "My phone does not show "Keyboard" under All applications as you pointed out.  Therefore I cannot clear cache."   Do you see: Multi-touch keyboard?  If you have not installed ano... See more...
yana214 said:  "My phone does not show "Keyboard" under All applications as you pointed out.  Therefore I cannot clear cache."   Do you see: Multi-touch keyboard?  If you have not installed another keyboard program or use Swype, that is your keyboard.
I believe what Wildman was referring to is: Menu > Settings > Battery & data manager > Data saver.  If Data Saver is checked then downloads will wait for WiFi.
It's against the "Terms of Service" to discuss SBF and rooting methods in these forums.  Try a Google search and or visit other forums where such discussions are allowed.
See my answer to you in:   http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-DROID-2-by-Motorola/Now-I-cant-even-do-a-hard-reset/td-p/658487  
When you get the triangle and little green guy, press both the up and down volume keys at the same time.  Best way to do this is to press in the very middle ot the keys.  Now you will get a menu.... See more...
When you get the triangle and little green guy, press both the up and down volume keys at the same time.  Best way to do this is to press in the very middle ot the keys.  Now you will get a menu.  The top item is "reboot". Press the return key (big, down-left turn arrow) on the keyboard to select the highlighted item.  Up and down keys will navigate the menu.  If you want to do a factory rest, navigate to that item and press the return key.
  I'm not totally sure of your question, but:   Froyo bottom screens: From Picasa-Public Gingerbread bottom screens: From Picasa-Public   The center "circle with t... See more...
  I'm not totally sure of your question, but:   Froyo bottom screens: From Picasa-Public Gingerbread bottom screens: From Picasa-Public   The center "circle with triangle" (app drawer) on Froyo screens is now the "square with circle and triangle" at the bottom right on Gingerbread screens.  
Some more information would be helpful, but here goes.  Don't assume I'm talking down to you, I'm just covering as many bases as possible with so little info.   I assume you mean that you never... See more...
Some more information would be helpful, but here goes.  Don't assume I'm talking down to you, I'm just covering as many bases as possible with so little info.   I assume you mean that you never get the Motorola logo or Droid eye that follows. You may have to hold the power button down a few seconds before the Motorola logo appears.   Did you let the battery run down?  If so, assume it will not recharge in the USB port of your PC.  Use the wall charger and cable that came with it.  Let the battery charge at least 2 hours (8 hours is better) before trying to turn it on.  The wall outlet that you plug the charger into has power? Right?   If the battery will not charge, try a different charger if you have one.  How about your car charger?  If that does not work try a different battery if you have one.  If that does not work stop by a Verizon store, explain the problem and ask them to check your phone, battery, and charger.
No guarantees.  Do at your own risk. (Why do we always feel the need to protect ourselves when giving advice?)   Method 1 I'm assuming you want to do a non-destructive erase and that you ha... See more...
No guarantees.  Do at your own risk. (Why do we always feel the need to protect ourselves when giving advice?)   Method 1 I'm assuming you want to do a non-destructive erase and that you have gotten all the information you want from your SD card.  This is the easy way. Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > Unmount SD card > Format SD card. Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset   Method 2 I'm a little bit paranoid    so if I had sensitive data on the SD card, I'd remove it and replace it with another, because some data can still be retrieved even from an erased SD card.  But if all you had on the SD card were a recipe for Aunt Helen's crumb cake, a few pictures of some flowers, and a pic or your boss with a lampshade on his head, who cares.   I'd do a factory reset via the following procedure: Turn off the phone Power on phone while pressing and holding the "X" key on qwerty keypad - release "X" and power key after you see Motorola batwings. You should now see an "!" in a triangle with Android guy. Press the "Search" key on qwerty keypad to enter factory menu, this will unhide the menu and show the following options Reboot system Now Apply sdcard:update.zip Wipe Data/Factory Reset Wipe Cache Partition Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" and then use Camera side key or Menu key to select "wipe data/factory reset" Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to  "Yes delete all user data" and then use Camera key to select "Yes - delete all user data" Wait for operation to complete (maybe 1 minute or so) and then press camera key to select "reboot system now" You are now completely erased and factory reset.
Are you looking for: Menu > Settings > Applications > Running Services or Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications If the later it takes a minute or two to build the applications ... See more...
Are you looking for: Menu > Settings > Applications > Running Services or Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications If the later it takes a minute or two to build the applications list if you have several applications.   Or you can install Elixir from the market and look at several things including: Running processes, services, and tasks.
You can charge the D2/D2G via the usb port on a PC.  If the battery is completely discharged and the phone has shut off then only the wall charger will do in most/all cases.   Does your PC reco... See more...
You can charge the D2/D2G via the usb port on a PC.  If the battery is completely discharged and the phone has shut off then only the wall charger will do in most/all cases.   Does your PC recognize that you have plugged in your phone?  If not then you may have to install the correct usb/Motorola drivers.   Also you can connect your phone to USB for charge only by pulling down the USB symbol in the header display area and choosing:  USB Connection > Charge Only if that is all you want to do.
Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Make sure Wi-Fi is not checked.  If it is uncheck it.
See the following picture for WiFi and 3G connections.   https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/UqVlC4LeMjAL6xjx4Xljfw?feat=directlink    
Do you have a screen proector that covers the proximity sensors at the top left of the screen?  Even if the screen protector is crystal clear it will interfer with the screen turning back on when... See more...
Do you have a screen proector that covers the proximity sensors at the top left of the screen?  Even if the screen protector is crystal clear it will interfer with the screen turning back on when you remove it from your face.  Correct screen protectors will have a cutout for the sensors.   https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yceyTHGmdIz_Hu4bMO_0Cw?feat=directlink  
Try turning-off/unchecking Menu > Settings > Sound> Screen lock sounds.
Is the message just a phantom on your phone that will not go away or is it a message that you keep receiving over and over?  The first will not increment your Verizon message count, the second ty... See more...
Is the message just a phantom on your phone that will not go away or is it a message that you keep receiving over and over?  The first will not increment your Verizon message count, the second type will.   If a reboot/battery pull does not get rid of it try SMS Cleaner Free from the Market.
Touch contacts and then look in the upper right corner, see three little circles, one will be red.  Swipe the screen left or right to go to another screen; Contacts:History,Contacts:A-Z, Contacts... See more...
Touch contacts and then look in the upper right corner, see three little circles, one will be red.  Swipe the screen left or right to go to another screen; Contacts:History,Contacts:A-Z, Contacts: Status.
Does this help?   From Qwest: http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/QA/email/pop_smtp_qa.html   and   http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/email.html   Go to: "POP3 and SMTP server settings fo... See more...
Does this help?   From Qwest: http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/QA/email/pop_smtp_qa.html   and   http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/email.html   Go to: "POP3 and SMTP server settings for Qwest customers" and expand the different options.
Are you saying that when you go to the applications drawer (circle with triangle in it at the bottom of a screen) there is no calendar app listed among your applications?  Or did you just lose th... See more...
Are you saying that when you go to the applications drawer (circle with triangle in it at the bottom of a screen) there is no calendar app listed among your applications?  Or did you just lose the widget that appeared on one of the screens?  If it was just the widget then a long press in an open space on a screen > Motorola Widgets > Calendar.  Afterwards set it up as you wish.  Be sure you have plenty of open space on a screen since it may take up 2 or more single widget/shortcut spaces.   If you lost the calendar app from the app drawer it may take a reboot/battery pull or worse case a factory reset to get it back.
Have you tried: Menu -> Settings -> Call Settings -> Caller ID readout -> Ring Only ?
Do you have an extended battery with the standard back?  Is the battery swollen?  Both can put pressure on the screen and internal parts causing random problems like you are reporting.  If not th... See more...
Do you have an extended battery with the standard back?  Is the battery swollen?  Both can put pressure on the screen and internal parts causing random problems like you are reporting.  If not then my guess is you still have a hardware problem and not a software one.  Return it to Verizon for a replacement.