Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.8K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

breezex's Correct Answers

Try all the usual things: Make sure there is power at the wall socket. Try a different charger and USB cable. Leave it plugged up to the "new" charger for a couple of hours at least. Hold Po... See more...
Try all the usual things: Make sure there is power at the wall socket. Try a different charger and USB cable. Leave it plugged up to the "new" charger for a couple of hours at least. Hold Power and Volume down for at least 20 seconds. Hold Power, Volume up and Volume down buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds to see if you and get into the recovery menu. Still under warranty - get phone replaced by Verizon Insurance - get phone replaced by Asurion No warranty (over a year old) or no insurance - Battery is dead get it replaced by Motorola. Buy her a new no-contract Moto X via Motorola Moto Maker ($70 discount until Feb 22)
I repeat - It is not a Moto X or Android problem.  Did you read any of the threads that the above search will bring up?  I've copied some relevent instructions below  Please read: https://commun... See more...
I repeat - It is not a Moto X or Android problem.  Did you read any of the threads that the above search will bring up?  I've copied some relevent instructions below  Please read: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1016745#1016745 That's where these quotes come from. - Here are excerpts from that thread: "You need to un register your IPhone from Itunes. It takes anywhere from a week to 30 days for Apple to recognize that you're no longer an IPhone user.  Tell your friends that's the problem.  Tell them to turn off their imessage till Apple recognize you're not an iPhone user anymore." - And: "If you have access to your iPhone 4 you are going to want to go into the phone and turn your iMessaging off,  http://vz.to/1hRAZNz. If you don’t have access to your iPhone follow the steps below: Step 1 Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.  Step 2 Log in with your Apple ID and password. Step 3 Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example). Step 4 Click ‘Unregister’.   Step 5 You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again. If these steps don't work, I would recommend reaching out to Apple Support to see if they can de-enroll you from iMessaging." Also see:Enable/Disable iMessage - Apple® iPhone® 4 http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/49191/
What email client/app are you using? The stock email, K9, Yahoo Mail, ... ?  Pop or IMAP?  I only use Gnail and K9mail, so I can't help with specific questions about the stock Email app or the Ya... See more...
What email client/app are you using? The stock email, K9, Yahoo Mail, ... ?  Pop or IMAP?  I only use Gnail and K9mail, so I can't help with specific questions about the stock Email app or the Yahoo app.  Without knowing the answers to these questions, you can try the following.  Look in settings for something like "Sync Server  Deletions", "Remove messages when deleted on the server", When I delete messages, delete from server", ... etc.
The first thing that I'd try is: Settings > Application manager > All > Gallery and clear Cache and Data Settings > Application manager > All > Media Storage and clear Cache and Data. then... See more...
The first thing that I'd try is: Settings > Application manager > All > Gallery and clear Cache and Data Settings > Application manager > All > Media Storage and clear Cache and Data. then reboot your phone. If that doesn't work try a OS cache clear.
Your pictures are probably being stored in a folder named Download.  Go to: Settings > Application manager > All > Media Storage > touch "Clear Data" and then reboot your phone.  Do your pictur... See more...
Your pictures are probably being stored in a folder named Download.  Go to: Settings > Application manager > All > Media Storage > touch "Clear Data" and then reboot your phone.  Do your pictures show up in the Gallery? Alternatively you could hook your phone to a PC and search for the pictures or use a file program (like ES File Explorer) and use it on your phone to search for the files on your internal and external storage.
Go to Alarms > Create alarm (or touch an existing alarm) > Alarm type > Briefing
My guess is it has to do with the different character sets for foreign languages.  Some may not be typical/simple 8-bit ASCII. If so, some systems may cut your message length in half or require M... See more...
My guess is it has to do with the different character sets for foreign languages.  Some may not be typical/simple 8-bit ASCII. If so, some systems may cut your message length in half or require MMS or just choke and refuse to handle the message.  Crossing different wireless carriers' boundaries can introduce a different set of requirements.  Not all gateways behave the same.  Also the texting app that you are using may be at fault.  SMS is not a one size fits all messaging system that people would like it to be. Try a different text messaging app. Send the different languages in separate messages to see which one (if any) is refused. Use no special characters if a foreign language message. (???)
Are you pushing the power button to turn on the screen?  The Phone icon to get the dialpad if not visible? As an alternative you can add the PW to the dialing string.  It would look something ... See more...
Are you pushing the power button to turn on the screen?  The Phone icon to get the dialpad if not visible? As an alternative you can add the PW to the dialing string.  It would look something like this: For Voicemail *86,,NNNN# (where NNNN =  password and the ,, are the pause symbols) The VM settings may be found at:  Phone > Menu > Call Settings > Voicemail settings > Voicemail number For any other number 123-456-7890,,PPPP# From the manual: " While entering a phone number, you can add waits or pauses. Enter the number up to the pause or wait, then touch Menu to select Add 2 sec pause or Add wait." The # may or may not be needed.  Experiment. Do you have a screen protector on that is covering the proximity sensors?  Case that is over protective?  Or any makeup, etc. that may be covering the sensors.
Settings > Accessibility > The power key ends calls Make sure it is not checked.
Others with this same problem have tried with limited success: Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network Mode > LTE/CDMA Removing the SIM card, leave out 5 minutes, reinsert SIM and... See more...
Others with this same problem have tried with limited success: Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network Mode > LTE/CDMA Removing the SIM card, leave out 5 minutes, reinsert SIM and reboot. New Sim card Getting a CLN replacement phone under warranty. Returning the phone to Samsung for repair. Settings > Application Manager > All > Caller Name ID > Disable Prayer And unfortunately, for some people none of these worked.  They then lived with the problem or switchd to a different manufacturer's phone (IMHO Motorola is a good choice, but YMMV).
Try running in Safe Mode and see if the problem disappears.  If so it's one of your apps causing grief. Also when doing a Factory Reset don't let Google restore your data and apps, because if it ... See more...
Try running in Safe Mode and see if the problem disappears.  If so it's one of your apps causing grief. Also when doing a Factory Reset don't let Google restore your data and apps, because if it is a bad app or bad data causing the problem you will just reload the problem.  And reload your apps one at a time until you find the culprit.
The capacitive digitizer (it registers your touches) may be bad.  In that case it would have to be replaced.  Not an easy or cheap replacement.  But first I'd try a Cache Clear and if that did no... See more...
The capacitive digitizer (it registers your touches) may be bad.  In that case it would have to be replaced.  Not an easy or cheap replacement.  But first I'd try a Cache Clear and if that did not work a Factory Reset (this will delete all of your settings and data).  Both can be done via the buttons on the phone.  This forum and others are full of instructions for "razr factory reset" and "razr cache clear".  Just do a quick search. Is your phone still under warranty or do you have insurance?
As demmo86rt suggested they are ordered by date.   It's not the date taken, but the date the file is created on the phone.  In cases of the picture being taken on the phone they are one and the s... See more...
As demmo86rt suggested they are ordered by date.   It's not the date taken, but the date the file is created on the phone.  In cases of the picture being taken on the phone they are one and the same, but when you copy a photo to the phone they are different. If you want photos to appear in a certain order: Create a folder on the phone in phone memory or external SDcard, makes no difference.  I keep all of my photos in folders under the main DCIM folder, but you don't have too.. Copy the photos one at a time to the phone.  The first photo copied will be at the bottom of the list and the last photo copied will be at the top of the list. Works for me.  Try it and see if it works for you.
SallyC wrote: But do you have to add data to the line?  Can't you keep the exact same plan of minutes and text with no data? Yes you do.  You cannot activate an Android smartphone... See more...
SallyC wrote: But do you have to add data to the line?  Can't you keep the exact same plan of minutes and text with no data? Yes you do.  You cannot activate an Android smartphone phone (mobile data capable) on Verizon's network without a data plan being active on the line.  What she would need is a WiFi only "dumbphone" and that does not exist that I am aware of. See: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57555091-94/can-you-ditch-your-smartphone-data-plan-for-wi-fi/ for a better explanation/opinion.
Open the App Drawer, then:  Menu > View Type > "now choose how you want your apps to look in the drawer".
Go to Settings > Application Manager > All, find Gallery, touch it, clear cache, clear data, reboot your phone.  If this does not work try running in Safe Mode to see if another application is in... See more...
Go to Settings > Application Manager > All, find Gallery, touch it, clear cache, clear data, reboot your phone.  If this does not work try running in Safe Mode to see if another application is interferring.
Navigation is not gone it's now part of Maps.  The recent update to maps removed the blue arrow Navigation icon.  Go to Maps and touch the little curve icon in the search bar or search for a plac... See more...
Navigation is not gone it's now part of Maps.  The recent update to maps removed the blue arrow Navigation icon.  Go to Maps and touch the little curve icon in the search bar or search for a place.
Some pre-installed apps cannot be deleted, only disabled.  Go to Settings > Apps > All (flip the menus left to get to All). Touch an app to gets its menu. Touch Uninstall or Disable.  Some apps ... See more...
Some pre-installed apps cannot be deleted, only disabled.  Go to Settings > Apps > All (flip the menus left to get to All). Touch an app to gets its menu. Touch Uninstall or Disable.  Some apps must have Updates Removed before you can uninstall or disable them.  Some apps can be neither disabled nor uninstalled.  This is also where you go to delete an app's data or cache or force close it.  Disabled Apps go to the bottom of the list.
It's in Google+ (or Picasa) in the cloud.  Login to Google+ Photos on your PC/Macand delete it there
<< Comment removed to comply with >> Here's what I would try: (in about this order) Reboot the phone. Clear system cache/wipe cache partition Remove the SD card, reboot the phone, and us... See more...
<< Comment removed to comply with >> Here's what I would try: (in about this order) Reboot the phone. Clear system cache/wipe cache partition Remove the SD card, reboot the phone, and use it sans-SDcard for a while. Get a Class 4 or Class 6 SD card 32GB or less. Remove and reinsert the SIM card to force the network to re-find you. Factory reset (Wipes all your data, be sure and back up everything including texts.) Get a new SIM card. Warranty exchange your phone. Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator