Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,981 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ilovfriday's Correct Answers

This will be my last post here... I got a call from Verizon yesterday evening saying they are closing the case because the problem is now resolved where resolved by there definition is that they ... See more...
This will be my last post here... I got a call from Verizon yesterday evening saying they are closing the case because the problem is now resolved where resolved by there definition is that they have analyzed the problem and their is no near term fix. The issue as they describe is due to "tower overloading" in this specific area and a change was made on 4/3/17 to relive some pressure. From my experience I am able to use my phone on LTE in this area now but just barley; 3g is still giving better speeds.  The person I spoke with said that the more complaints they receive will cause the "signal team" to evaluate installing a new tower in this area.  Even if they decide to install another that would take many months to complete. I urge anyone in this area who is having issues to contact Verizon, insist that they open a case - if they tell you there are no reported issues in the area that's a lie and I have case number to prove it.  If they do not connect you with someone who either provides you a case number or sends one to you via text nothing is recorded and nothing will be done.  We need multiple reports so they will take action. This whole situation shows that version is falling from their throne of best carrier.  Any company like this monitors their equipment; they had to know this was going to be an issue long ago by looking at trending data but they took no action.  I would put money on the fact they are planing to "fix" this issue in a few years when 3G gets turned off by using that spectrum for LTE.  If this gets worse again in the coming months, as I fear it will, I will have not choice but to jump ship to AT&T .