Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,623 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

KinquanaH_VZW's Correct Answers

Great question chocolatelatte . What happens when you access voice mail on your phone? Here is a link to activate the Basic visual voicemail on your Samsung device Activate Basic Visual Voicemail... See more...
Great question chocolatelatte . What happens when you access voice mail on your phone? Here is a link to activate the Basic visual voicemail on your Samsung device Activate Basic Visual Voicemail - Samsung | Verizon Wireless  . KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
Having  your blue tooth feature work is very important to the connection of a lot of different accessories StPeter  .   I'm sorry you're having issues with the internet when bluetooth is connec... See more...
Having  your blue tooth feature work is very important to the connection of a lot of different accessories StPeter  .   I'm sorry you're having issues with the internet when bluetooth is connected. Did you remove the bluetooth app that you downloaded? The 3rd party application may be causing the issues. Your phones stock bluetooth app should work with your accessories and not cause issues with your internet. KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
Keeping you connected no matter where you travel is always our goal JOSJOH15. Service inside and around airports can fluctuate or be challenging at times. This is due to the range of traffic cont... See more...
Keeping you connected no matter where you travel is always our goal JOSJOH15. Service inside and around airports can fluctuate or be challenging at times. This is due to the range of traffic control equipment used and transmission between their towers occurring constantly. Most airports do provide wifi which can be used in its place. I hope this information is helpful. Once you leave the airport, please let us know if service is better. KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
Thanks for the information Ann154. xbee167, maintaining battery life is difficult with some devices because they have so many differnt features that require a large use of the battery. We have wa... See more...
Thanks for the information Ann154. xbee167, maintaining battery life is difficult with some devices because they have so many differnt features that require a large use of the battery. We have ways to help with the battery life so that your phone last longer and you don't have to charge as often. I have listed a link below that provides options to manage the battery life on your Galaxy Nexus and I have also listed some general tips for maintaining battery life. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=51470 Just as a reminder:  Only the battery charger specified by the device manufacturer should be used to charge the battery. Tips for better battery life Follow the manufacturer's instructions for properly charging the device.  Do not store the device in direct sunlight or hot locations. Do not rely on the device's vehicle power adapter as the battery charger for the device. The vehicle power adapter is meant to be a temporary low battery level solution until the device can be properly charged. I Hope the tips above along with the tips via our website are helpful. I'm sorry your not able to turn the animation off during initial power up. KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
KSutherland, I'm so sorry this is occurring with your phone. I understand how frustrating this can be when you're trying to use your phone and have to pull the battery. I researched information a... See more...
KSutherland, I'm so sorry this is occurring with your phone. I understand how frustrating this can be when you're trying to use your phone and have to pull the battery. I researched information about your phone that have been reported by customers and didn't find this as a known issue. I also show the Bionic received a software update on December 9, 2011. I recommend updating your phone to the new software, which can assist with. I listed a link below with information and instructions for the update. http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droid_bionic.html Additionally, I would also like to recommend clearing the cache and browser history. This can help the device from having slow functionalities. The steps are below:   From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right). Select Browser. If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps. Select Menu. Select More. Select Settings.   Within settings you can clear the following : --Clear all, which clears all deletes history, cache, cookies, form data and passwords --Clear cache, which clears visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster. --Clear history, which clears a listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited. --Clear cookie data, which clears some cookies contain customized preference and logon information for previously visited websites. Once deleted, the website may prompt for this information again. Pleas let us know if the above steps work for you. Have a good day. KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport   
hilches06, having a broken phone is no fun. I recently damaged a phone and was devastated because I had my phone set up just the way I wanted it, so I understand how you feel. A prepaid phone has... See more...
hilches06, having a broken phone is no fun. I recently damaged a phone and was devastated because I had my phone set up just the way I wanted it, so I understand how you feel. A prepaid phone has to be activated on a prepaid account for 6-months before being used on a post-paid account. KinquanaH_vzw
joeyhoneycutt, I see your trying to unlock your screen and looks like you were experiencing some issues.  I know this is frustrating because it stops you from accessing other option on your phone... See more...
joeyhoneycutt, I see your trying to unlock your screen and looks like you were experiencing some issues.  I know this is frustrating because it stops you from accessing other option on your phone. Your issue was posted a few days ago, so I wanted to know if you were able to get your issue resolved. If you were, please let us know. I will post some steps to reset your phone back to factory settings. Remember, performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. I also listed an alternative method for unlock your phone below. I recommend trying this first before the factory reset.     Step below for Factory Reset:   From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display). Select Settings. Select Privacy. Select Factory data reset. Select Reset phone. If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern. Select Erase everything.  Perform initial programming.   Suggestion for unlocking screen below: If you are  unable to unlock your screen because you forgot your unlock pattern, you have the five tries and if you fail you can unlock the phone by entering  your Google Acct user name & password. After entering your unlock password incorrect for five attempts, wait 30 seconds and press OK. If the display goes off, press the power button to illuminate the screen, and then press the bar on the lock screen and slide your finger down to unlock the screen. Press the Forgot Pattern option in the lower right corner when you see it. Enter your Google Acct  name & password, and then click Sign in. You are then prompted to create a new screen unlock pattern. If you don't want to use a screen unlock pattern, tap Cancel.   
michestephens, this has to be frustrating, especially when trying to communicate with friends and family overseas. I will do my best to help you with your issue. I have a few questions first. Wha... See more...
michestephens, this has to be frustrating, especially when trying to communicate with friends and family overseas. I will do my best to help you with your issue. I have a few questions first. What type of device do you have? Are you able to text and receive text from other individuals in the U.S. and over seas? Have you ever been able to send and receive a text from this person previous to this issue occurring ?    Additionally, I don't see that we have any restrictions with calls or text to the Ukraine. If you are able to call and text to this person and others overseas & within the U.S., I recommend advising that person to check with their carrier to ensure the messages are being sent successfully. I have also listed some general links below regarding information about calls and messaging to the Ukraine.    http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/Europe/Ukraine.html   http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Text_Messaging/Europe/Ukraine.html
dave7, I use the music functionality on my device so I understand the importance of making sure you have control over what is played and when. I was able to locate some information in your user m... See more...
dave7, I use the music functionality on my device so I understand the importance of making sure you have control over what is played and when. I was able to locate some information in your user manual which provides information about how to use the playlist and shuffle. Its located on pages 105-110. I have listed some steps below that may be helpful and also a link to your user device which has a option to view the manual in PDF file.   http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5333       To Repeat songs follow the steps below You can repeat a single song or all the songs in a category or playlist by following the steps below: 1. When you are playing a song, press the Menu key. 2. Click Repeat. 3. Perform one of the following actions :•To repeat the song that is currently playing, click Current Song • To repeat the playlist that is currently playing, click Playlist. • To repeat the songs in the Album category or Artist category that you are currently playing, click Album or Artist. (To stop repeating songs, press the Menu key. Click Repeat. Click Off)   To Shuffle songs, follow the steps below: 1. On the Home screen, click the Media icon. 2. Click Music. 3. Perform one of the following actions: • To shuffle all your songs, click Shuffle Songs. • To shuffle all the songs in a category or a playlist, click a category or playlist. Press the Menu key. Click Shuffle. (To stop shuffling songs, press the Menu key. Click Shuffle.)   Note:You can create both standard and automatic playlists for songs. You create a standard playlist by manually adding songs that are on your Blackberry® device or media card. You create an automatic playlist by specifying criteria for artists, albums, or genres of songs. When you add a song to your device that meets the criteria, your device adds it to the automatic playlist. An indicator appears beside automatic playlists in your list of playlists.     To Create a standard playlist, follow the steps below: 1. On the Home screen, click the Media icon. 2. Click the Music icon. 3. Click Playlists. 4. Click New Playlist. 5. Click Standard Playlist. 6. Type a name for the playlist. 7. Press the Menu key. 8. Click Add Songs. 9. Click a song. 10. To add more songs, repeat steps 7 to 9. 11. Press the Menu key. 12. Click Save.   To Create an automatic playlist, follow the steps below: 1. On the Home screen, click the Media icon. 2. Click the Music icon. 3. Click Playlists. 4. Click New Playlist. 5. Click Automatic Playlist. 6. Type a name for the playlist. 7. Click the plus sign beside Artists, Albums, or Genres. 8. Click an artist, album, or genre. 9. To add more criteria, repeat steps 7 and 8. 10. Press the Menu key. 11. Click Save.To view the songs in the playlist, click a playlist. Press the Menu key. Click View Songs.    
llamaboy88, I'm sorry the steps for the factory reset did not work. Now that you have performed a factory reset and continue to have the same issues, we may have to review your account for replac... See more...
llamaboy88, I'm sorry the steps for the factory reset did not work. Now that you have performed a factory reset and continue to have the same issues, we may have to review your account for replacement options. If your phone is under its one-year manufactures warranty, it can be replaced with a certified like new device of the same model. Your device can not have any physical or water damage to qualify. You can send me a private message with your name and phone number for assistance. 
dwcooley, I researched your issue and found the only reported issue with widgets displaying different information is when the phone is in airplane mode. I found some customers via some of the and... See more...
dwcooley, I researched your issue and found the only reported issue with widgets displaying different information is when the phone is in airplane mode. I found some customers via some of the android forums tapped on the little orange dot by the city name on their weather widget and pulled up the My Cites menu. On this menu you should be able to find your city and once entered it should fix the issue. You can also drag the widget down to "edit" and select (or add) the right city but don't select "my location. If this does not fix your issue, the last option is a factory reset. Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.      Steps below to perform a factory reset:   From a home screen, select the App menu. Select Settings.  If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps. Select Privacy. Select Factory Data Reset. Select Reset phone.  If presented, enter the current postcode or draw the unlock pattern. Select Erase Everything.  Allow up to 3 minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete. Then perform initial setup.      
kaebfly, thanks for your input because I use itunes for everything so I understand how this may frustrate amanda18013 and others. This a good suggestion to uninstall and reinstall Itunes to your ... See more...
kaebfly, thanks for your input because I use itunes for everything so I understand how this may frustrate amanda18013 and others. This a good suggestion to uninstall and reinstall Itunes to your computer. I researched this error message and it is not an issue with your iphone but with your computer. I have listed a link to the apple itunes support website which discusses the issue in more details with other apple users and also a link to the general Apple-Support-Page.    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1231033?start=0&tstart=0   http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/     Additionally, I wanted to list some steps you may want to try that were reported by itunes users via the internet.    For Windows Vista or Windows 7 Close iTunes and disconnect the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Click the Windows Start button . In the Start Search field type Services . In the Programs section of the search results, click Services. Right-click on Apple Mobile Device service and click Properties in the shortcut menu. Set the Startup type pop-up menu to Automatic and click OK. For XP Close iTunes and disconnect the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Click the Windows Start button. Go to Start >> Run and then type Services.msc and press Enter Right-click on Apple Mobile Device service and click Properties in the shortcut menu. Set the Startup type pop-up menu to Automatic and click OK.   I hope the above information helps. Please let us know if this resolves your issue.     
8112, if the USB receptacle on a phone is broken, it can not be repaired. This part of the phone is the communication between the phone and the power supply of the phone. Some customers advise if... See more...
8112, if the USB receptacle on a phone is broken, it can not be repaired. This part of the phone is the communication between the phone and the power supply of the phone. Some customers advise if they plug up the charger to roughly or remove it too quickly, it may become dislodged or broken which can not be fixed. I know this can be frustrating because your phone may have some charging issues but I recommend being extremely careful if the phone is still being used until replaced. 
jeffkooyman, having control of the front and back light on your display is important because you don't want it to drain your battery. I was unable to find this as a know issue but I recommend cha... See more...
jeffkooyman, having control of the front and back light on your display is important because you don't want it to drain your battery. I was unable to find this as a know issue but I recommend changing the backlight and brightness on your display using the steps below too Always off. If you continue to have this issue, we may need to perform further troubleshooting over the phone.   Steps to update the backlight   1. Open the flip and press[MENU]. 2. Press Settings & Tools. 3. Press Display Settings. 4. Press Backlight  5.Highlight a Backlight submenu and press one of the following: -Display Backlight (Display Backlight can be set to 7 Seconds/15 Seconds/30 Seconds/ Always On/Always Off) --Keypad Backlight (Keypad Backlight can be set to 7 Seconds/ 15 Seconds/ 30Seconds/ Always On/ AlwaysOff)     You can also change the Brightness using the following steps: 1. Open the flip and press[MENU/OK] 2. Press Settings & Tools. 3. Press Display Settings. 4. Press Brightness. 5. Use the Directional Key to highlight a setting, then press OK    
   justgot1, I know the SD card is a very important part of the phone and I hope you were able to get this issue resolved. Please let us know if you were successful with finding a resolution. I ... See more...
   justgot1, I know the SD card is a very important part of the phone and I hope you were able to get this issue resolved. Please let us know if you were successful with finding a resolution. I also wanted to list some steps that may guide you in the right direction regarding the SD card. First, always make sure the card is inserted correctly. Secondly, make sure the information was save correctly on the card. Lastly, in some cases when transferring one SD card from a different p hone to a new phone the card may need to be reformatted.    I have listed steps below for inserting the card and steps to format the card. Important note: Formatting the SD card will erase all data on the memory card. It is recommended to back up the data if you have to reformat the card.    Inserting the memory card/SD Press and hold the Power button. Select Power off. Remove the battery cover. Press and slide the battery cover down until it unlocks. Remove the battery. With the gold contacts facing down, insert the memory card as shown. Press in on the card until it locks into place. Insert the battery as shown. Ensure that the connectors on the battery align with the connectors on the device. Replace the battery cover. Press and slide the battery cover up until it locks into place.    Removing the memory card/SD From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display). Select Settings. Select SD card & phone storage. Select Unmount SD card. Press and hold the Power button. Select Power off. Remove the battery cover. Press and slide the battery cover down until it unlocks. Remove the battery. Remove the memory card as shown. Insert the battery as shown. Ensure that the connectors on the battery align with the connectors on the device. Replace the battery cover. Press and slide the battery cover up until it locks into place. Steps to format the SD card Ensure the device is not connected to a PC via the USB cable. From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display). Select Settings. Select SD card & phone storage. Select Unmount SD card.  If prompted, select OK. Select Format SD card. Select Format SD card. Select Erase everything. If necessary, select Mount SD card.
KagomeAngel, pictures are definitely important and I will do my best to guide you in the right direction.  I have some questions to get started. First, are you using the SD card from a different ... See more...
KagomeAngel, pictures are definitely important and I will do my best to guide you in the right direction.  I have some questions to get started. First, are you using the SD card from a different phone you previously had activated? Were the pictures save on the previous phone to the SD card? If you are using an SD card from a different phone, you may need to format the card for the new phone, however the procedure will erase all data on the card.  It is recommended to have backup of  your data to transfer back to the phone. I have listed the steps below to save the pics to your SD card and info to format the new phone.    Steps to save pics SD card  From the main screen, touch Menu. Touch Media Center. Touch Picture. Touch My Pictures. Touch the Options menu. Touch Move. Touch a picture(s) then touch MOVE. Touch an option. To Card To Phone Touch Yes. Steps to format your SD card From the main screen, touch Menu. Touch Settings. Touch Memory. Touch Card Memory. Touch Format. Enter the Phone Lock Code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number). Touch Yes. 
ifeedmyindians, I understand how frustrating it is to loose apps and was able to find steps for recovering lost apps. I listed them below. I also listed a link to our game website that list all t... See more...
ifeedmyindians, I understand how frustrating it is to loose apps and was able to find steps for recovering lost apps. I listed them below. I also listed a link to our game website that list all the games and apps we provide along with cost and which devices are compatible. I was reviewing the initial SIMS 3 game and did not show the Samsung Continuum as a compatible device but there are many apps that are related to this game that you can review.    http://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/index.html#searchTerm=sims&selectedMedia=GAME       Navigate to the Android Market application and launch the Market Press the Menu button and select Downloads Scroll through your list of downloaded applications until you find the one that you are looking for (any paid applications should show "Purchased" next to them) Once you've found your lost application, just re-download it as you did the first time Your download history is saved in the market to provide easy access to all your applications if needed.
kymberlaine, I understand your frustration with this feature and I would check the voice command feature on your phone. Please let us know if this resolves your issue.     1. From standby mode... See more...
kymberlaine, I understand your frustration with this feature and I would check the voice command feature on your phone. Please let us know if this resolves your issue.     1. From standby mode, press[MENU]. 2. Press Settings & Tools. 3. Press Tools. 4. Press Voice Commands.   Note: The Voice Commands feature has several settings which allow you to customize how you want to use it. Access Voice Commands, then press the Right Soft Key [Settings]. You will have fiver choices, you will need to choose the "Prompts" menus option to change.    1) Confirm Choices: Automatic/Always Confirm/ Never Confirm 2) Sensitivity; Adjust the sensitivity as More Sensitive / Automatic/ Less Sensitive. 3) Adapt Voice; If the phone asks you to repeat your voice command too often, train the phone to recognize your voice patterns. -Choose from Words/ Train Digits 4)Prompts Mode: Prompts / Readout + Alerts/ Readout / Tones Only Audio Playback: Speaker phone /Earpiece Timeout: 5 seconds / 10 seconds 5) CLR Key Activation: On/ Off                
Thanks for the information budone and SuzyQ.    nightrider13,  your community leaders are correct. If you set up call forwarding on your mobile phone and have your calls sent to your home phone... See more...
Thanks for the information budone and SuzyQ.    nightrider13,  your community leaders are correct. If you set up call forwarding on your mobile phone and have your calls sent to your home phone, each call that comes through is sent through our system and billed according to the type of call it is. If its a Verizon wireless customer, it will be mobile to mobile. If the number is listed on your friends and family, it will be no charge to your mobile account. The only charges we can not verify are to your home phone service.    LIsted below are two links about call forwarding:     http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/faq_call_forwarding.html   http://support.vzw.com/clc/features/calling_features/call_forwarding.html
purple-droid, listed below are steps to clear the map information from your navigation app on your Droid device. You may also want to clear  your cache and data history periodically and anything ... See more...
purple-droid, listed below are steps to clear the map information from your navigation app on your Droid device. You may also want to clear  your cache and data history periodically and anything not save that is temporary will be deleted.       1. From the Home screen, press Menu. 2. Tap Settings. 3. Tap Applications. 4. Tap Manage Applications. 5. Select  Maps (You may have to press Menu > Filter > All to see it.) 6. Select  Clear data.     Note: Clearing all deletes history, cache, cookies, form data and passwords.   To Clear all: From the home screen, select he App menu. Select Browser. If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps. Select Menu. Select More. Select Settings.   To Clear all temporary file history: From the Privacy settings section, select Clear all. Select OK.     To Clear cache:   From the Privacy settings section, select Clear cache. Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster. Select OK.  To Clear history:   FRom the Privacy settings section, select Clear history. A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited. Select OK.